PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Phantasy Star Online: The Altered

lethe
Oct 16, 2007, 11:41 PM
-This is my first Fan Fiction so i hope you like it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif-

CHAPTER 1 : Chasing Whispers

My name is Kamigato, I'm a RAmar and one of the few survivors from the fight with Dark Falz in the ruins so very long ago. There were five of us that day including myself, and only two came home. Aries a HUmar, Raieve a FOnewearl, Mikado a HUnewearl, Aciyen a HUcast, and me

.... Mikado....Aciyen....and Raieve didnt make it back.

In the days following Dark Falz's defeat, a body was found by an excavation crew researching Dark Falz's chamber. It was identified to be the remains of Raieve, Mikado and Aciyen's bodies were never found...

About two years following the events that day, a group of hunters on a mission from the guild to secure the research area for an excavation crew found a messege carrier (if anyone knows the name of the things Rico used to leave messeges please tell me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif) deep within the Ruins. It was battered and old but a team of scientists back on Pioneer 2 were finally able to get it working. Aries and me were contacted immedietly, becuase the messege was from Mikado. It was recorded after Dark Falz was defeated meaning there was a possibility Mikado was still alive! The messege said as follows..

" If anyone finds this..please..contact the lab immedietly! After we defeated Dark Falz the floor began to split open! Two of my teammates made it out, but me and two others were stuck, we fell through the floor to a much older part of the ruins, one of us was killed during the fall, but me and another survived...when we recovered from the fall we were in some sort of chamber covered in what seemed to be some sort of vines...upon further investigation we followed the vines towards a huge mass of eggs, we attempted to destroy them but a few hatched and got hold of my friend....he mutated into some sort of creature ive never seen before in the ruins, like that of a delsaber almost... i ran as fast as i could to get away from it...i dont know what that thing is but it isnt my friend! I think when we destroyed Dark Falz we opened the chamber housing its offspring, much like some spiders that carry their offspring in their back so when they die they will ensure the survival of their species....I dont know how many of the offspring are left, all i know is this is a serious threat and they must be destroyed! I saw that creature again, and its getting bigger! Its evolving! We must stop it before it becomes another Dark Falz or something even worse! "

The messege ended there, Aries and me both knew what we had to do, we had to go into the newly opened area of the ruins and rescue Mikado, she's still alive down there!

After the messege was discovered the Lab closed off all access routes to the Ruins, apparently they're sending in some sort of special team to plant gas bombs throughout the ruins, the gas in the bombs causes instant shut down of the brain when inhaled or absorbed through the skin and after countless tests on specimens taken from the ruins they've theorized that it will work.....Aries and me are going to get in there no matter what and rescue Mikado, we only have 5 days before they set off the bombs....I pray we find her...I pray she's still alive...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lethe on 2007-10-16 21:42 ]</font>

lethe
Oct 17, 2007, 04:37 AM
CHAPTER 2: From what comes the truth? From what comes the right?

"Principal Tyrell! Can you not hold off the detonation for a few more days, Mikado is still down there, let Aries and me go in there and try to find her! Surely you will not leave her there to die!"

"Kamigato...I cannot risk the lives of all of Pioneer 2 for just one person...please understand."

"Then allow Aries and me access to the Ruins, if we dont come back in time then so be it!"

" I cannot allow that Kamigato, I cannot trust you enough to know you wont try to prevent the detonation...I'm sorry but i will not allow you to enter the Ruins."

"Aries, Mikado, an me all risked our lives to save Pioneer 2 from Dark Falz, what makes you think I would do any different in the same situation?!?"

"Kamigato! I cannot allow you to enter the Ruins and potentionally halt the execution of this operation! Face it! Your friend is probably dead by now! That messege was left almost 2 years ago, what makes you think someone could survive down there for that long?"

"I know she's alive! I will bring her back! I am going into the Ruins and I'll be damned if anyone tries and stops me!"

"If I catch you down there I WILL have you killed!"

"Then I'll see you later, alive or dead."

"Your foolish to throw your life away like this!"

Kamigato walks off...

-End of Chapter 2-

lethe
Oct 17, 2007, 04:58 AM
CHAPTER 3: Follow I will, Right into Hell...

"So, Kamigato, did you get permission from Principal Tyrell?"

"No...that bastard won't listen to reason or give any respect to the people who are responsible for the safety of Pioneer 2 today..."

"So....we're going with plan B"

"Thats right, get your stuff together....we're going back...."

Kamigato and Aries gather their weapons and supplies.

"Kamigato...you know we'll be wanted men after this is all over..."

"At least then we'll get some recognition"

They both laugh, Aries lifts his Zanba up to rest on his shoulder as he puts his Suppressed Gun into its holster and Kamigato does the same with his Panzer Faust and straps his Yasminkov 7000V to his back.

"Alright Aries...Let's go"

They both walk off towards the Teleporters. They halt at the one to the Ruins, Heavily guarded with troops.

" HEY! You two! What are you doing here? This place is strictly off limits, no one is allowed in to the Ruins!"

"We were given special permission by Principal Tyrell to help secure the area for the bomb squad, now please move aside we're in a hurry."

"HA! No such orders we're given to us to let anyone through, but! we we're to be on the lookout for two Hunters, a RAmar and a HUmar who Principal Tyrell said to kill on sight, and look what we have here"

The troop smiles at Aries and Kamigato.

Kamigato looks at Aries

"NOW!"

Aries swings his Zanba backwards with all his might smacking the troop into the rest of them.

"Now, are you gonna lets us through?"

The troop stares at Kamigato

"NO WAY IN HELL, KILL THEM!!"

Kamigato looks at Aries

"They give us no choice, we're gonna have to."

Aries looks back

"I understand"

Aries reverses his Zanba and Slashes at the advancing troops, blood splatters onto the ground as the troops scream in pain.

The troop yells loudly.

"Quick, get the force over here! We have injuries!!"

In all the confusion Aries and Kamigato go through the teleport into the Ruins, step one of their plan is complete.

-End of CHAPTER 3-

lethe
Oct 18, 2007, 02:52 AM
CHAPTER 4:Ruins 1- Twisting, Turning, Through the Never

Aries and Kamigato emerge from the teleporter, the air thick with dust and decay settles... revealing the door to the Ruins.

" Its not safe to breath the air in the Ruins since they started planting the bombs, i suggest you wear one of these."

Kamigato hands Aries a small gas mask.

"Wouldnt it affect Mikado as well?"

Kamigato turns to Aries.

"I dont know for sure, newmans have a stronger immunity to certain things, i dont know if this would be one of them...so we must hurry"

Aries looks at Kamigato

"Right!"

They advance through the door and into the first floor of the Ruins

"Alright Aries, we're gonna do things alittle differently this time, we're gonna blast our way through, thats why i brought the Panzer Faust."

Aries quickly responds.

"What if we cause damage to the floors below us???"

".....you know.....now that you say that it seems so obvious now....well, looks like we're going the long route."

"We're in luck! I happen to have saved the map data from the last time we were here, i have a straight route to Dark Falz's Chamber! I was going to hand it over to the lab so they could get to the chamber but they got there before i could give them it."

"How did the lab find Falz's chamber? They didnt have any prior knowledge of its location...."

"You and I both know theres alot of things the lab is hiding from us...we should get going."

"Right."

Kamigato and Aries follow the route towards the entrance to the second level of the Ruins. It isnt long before they come across the first bomb, and a large amount of guards.

"Aries! Look, quick hide behind this wall!"

Aries and Kamigato hide behind a wall and listen to what the guards are talking about.

"Professer! Are they almost finished on the other floors?"

"Yes Commander, we will start the countdown in about 6 hours."

"Alright... 6 more hours and this place will be blown to hell!"

Kamigato and Aries get puzzled looks on their faces.

"Aries! did you hear that??"

"Yes...."

The professer hands some sort of document to the Commander

"Commander, these are the orders from principal Tyrell, this is what you are to tell the people of Pioneer 2 when the explosion happens, seeing as we told them we were using a deadly gas, they are going to be a bit puzzled when this place explodes."

"I understand professer, so....we're going to depart from Ragol to a new "home". But in another 5 years we will turn around and come back? Wont the population realize that its the same planet??"

"Other than the lab, the hunters are the only ones to have ever seen Ragols surface. Out of all of Ragol only 9 areas have been explored by the hunters, our solution is simple, destroy those 9 areas, no one will ever know what we've done."

"I see....Alright then, lets pack up and get out of here, are your teams done on the lower levels?"

"Yes Commander, We'll start immediete evacuation and then we'll shut down the teleporters."

"Understood...Lets move out."

Kamigato and Aries look at each other.

"Aries! They're gonna lock us in!"

"Yah, we'll only have 6 hours to find Mikado and get out but then we'll have to get far enough away..."

"Damn! What are we going to do??"

"I got it! lets go in and get Mikado, maybe we can destroy the bombs?"

" Then we'll put all of Pioneer 2 at risk! That wont work we have to think of something else!"

" Lets go in and get Mikado, hmmmmmm....telepipes and ryuker wont work with the recievers shut down.... we're gonna have to get out of the ruins somehow, but we'll never get far enough away....."

"Damn!.....wait! isnt this place a spaceship??"

"Yes! yes it is! but i dont know where the control room would be, or even how to control it..."

" I have an idea, its crazy, but it might work..."

-End of CHAPTER 4-

lethe
Oct 18, 2007, 08:36 AM
If anyone does read this http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I would very much appreciate feedback to know which areas i am lacking in http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif I'm probably going to go back and put more detail into the chapters, after reading numerous other fanfics, some which proved to be very good, i realized i needed more detail to create a mental image for the reader http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif guess we all make mistakes >.<

lethe
Oct 19, 2007, 05:23 AM
This is the first chapter im going to be posting trying to add more detail and be more descriptive, hopefully if anyone reads this, this chapter may spark some posts http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I guess ill go back for the hell of it and redo the other chapters too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

CHAPTER 5: Covered like Truth by Lies

As Aries and Kamigato continued along the path to the second floor of the Ruins, Kamigato said nothing of the plan he had in store, and in turn, Aries asked nothing of it. They both knew they we're probably not going to make it out alive, and that chances were, Mikado was already dead. Many times while they were walking the thought raced through Aries' mind "Should we continue? Why didnt she ever come back? She most certainly must be dead." but he said not a word to Kamigato. He didnt want to crush his long life friend's hopes, and he knew the reason why Kamigato was going so out of his way to find Mikado. As much as Kamigato would have liked to keep it a secret, Aries knew Kamigato too well to overlook the obvious....

Kamigato and Aries met 15 years ago when they were on their first big mission from the Hunters Guild. At the time Aries was 18 and Kamigato was 19. They were on a mission to protect a convoy carrying supplies to researchers near the newly discovered Ruins. Today they were going to protect the team contructing the teleporter to the Ruins area. They both knew this was a big mission and a great chance for them to be recognized as great hunters. Foolishly, Aries had a plan to get his name out there, he had brought along Hildebear scent in a small bottle, it was the smell Hildebears release during mating season and he hoped to attract Hildebears to the convoy and fight them all off himself.
The convoy started from deep within the Forests of Ragol, from the closest teleporter to the Ruins site which was still a good 5 miles off. Air travel was not permitted becuase Pioneer 2 did not have ships well suited for defense in the air, esspecially against some of Ragol's bigger flying creatures. The convoy consisted of a few Hunters and a small vehicle carrying the equipment and supplies. When they first got to Ragol, Aries poured the scent onto the vehicle and continued along. It wasnt very long before his plan went horribly wrong...
The path they took was covered with thick undergrowth and lots of trees blocking the path. Two HUcasts in front were using Chainsawds to clear a path for the vehicle. Smaller enemies like rappies and boomas paid no attention to the convoy and went about their business, a few wolves caused some trouble but the rangers took care of them quickly. While the androids were cutting through a thick concentration of trees, Aries could feel small vibrations in his feet. The vibrations intensified as the time went by, but he thought nothing of it. The androids didnt notice it due to their already vibrating weapons cutting through the trees. The convoy continued along and soon the sun began to set. The androids said that they were nearing their destination and should hurry. Aries was afraid his plan wasnt going to happen, then he started feeling the vibrations again, but they were much more forceful this time. The androids noticed it this time and the convoy halted as they tried to figure out what it was. They decided to power down the vehicle and stay quiet as they feared it was a large creature. The rangers switched to night vision and kept a close watch around the convoy. The androids set up a few traps around the perimeter in case it got too close, whatever it was, was sure getting closer. The vibrations were even more fierce now and grew more rapid, then they heard what it was. A Hildebear let out a large roar, followed by many more in other directions, they were surrounded. Aries began to panic, he knew this was his fault. The rangers waited with their rifles aimed in the direction of the roars, the androids pulled out their Chainsawds, and Aries cowardly hid behind the vehicle. The first Hildebear came into veiw and the rangers unleashed all they had on it, it fell within seconds but two more had appeared from the opposite direction, there was hundreds of Hildebears out there, all after this so called "female". The fighting went on for hours, in total darkness they feared they would loose the vehicle to the neverending onslaught of Hildebears, so they started the vehicle back up and everyone got on, everyone was given a rifle regardless of their ability to use it, and they fought of the hildebears as best they could. it wasnt long until they came across a thick patch of trees, the androids jumped out and with their Chainsawds cut them down, the androids decided to stay on foot and cut the trees ahead. Aries was unequipped for fighting in the dark, he stayed in the front of the vehicle in fear. Then as suddenly as the hildebears attacked, they stopped. Aries let out a sigh of relief. The rangers were trying to figure out what would have made the hildebears attack out of the blue like that. Kamigato walked over to Aries and asked him if he knew, Aries quickly denied any knowledge of it. The other rangers turned around. Aries stood up quickly and the empty bottle rolled out from under his shirt. Kamigato leaned over and picked it up, he smelt it then looked at Aries and shook his head. Aries was found out, he stared back at Kamigato with fear in his eyes, and Kamigato.....through the bottle into the forest....

now 15 years later here they are, Kamigato saved Aries' butt that day, and Aries now knew he owed Kamigato the favor. They made it to the Ruins second floor entrance, and the both continued along...

-End of CHAPTER 5-

so is this better? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

lethe
Oct 21, 2007, 08:41 AM
I would really like some feedback http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif
should i continue this story?