PDA

View Full Version : BSOD information

Aberu
Feb 27, 2001, 11:43 PM
For all of you who are complaining about how messed up the BSOD is to keep it from happening and to evade it, and to keep your saves safe and the same listen to what i have to say. First subject, to help everyone and keep it from happening, dont write one of those stupid messages that are not required, and say it over and over again for like 10 min. for two reasons, it is annoying and it lags the server, one of the very small causes of the server crashing (BSOD). Then to evade it, when you find out that no items are picking up and your messages aren't showing for about 1-2 min. straight quit game immediately, the BSOD is comin. And finally if the BSOD happens to you and you are at the black screen jus simply unplug your phone line that is goin in the dreamcast and wait till it goes to the saving screen as if you had quit the game and your game should be just fine, it will be fine if you unplug the cord as soon as the BSOD occurs. YOu may have to wait a very long time, i even had to wait for 15 min. for it to go to the saving screen but i have dodged 4 BSOD's i know this cuz i left the online game before it came then tried to get back on and it had that server problems message, also i have saved myself from the BSOD 6 times and my save has not gotten screwed up ever when i take out the phone cord, and finaly i have had my save messed up 4 times because of the BSOD (more like me turning off the dreamcast when it occured). One final tip, do not blame the BSOD, blame yourself for not handling it right. I have learned all of this in only 1 1/2 weeks of playin this online, I have seen almost all of the BSOD's in that amount of time, well thank you for taking the time to read this incredibly long post. And on a final note, dont cheat and dont steal, stealing hurts others and cheating not only ruins the game but sega is out looking for cheaters and they will cancel your service if they find out you were cheating.

TwiNCannoN
Feb 27, 2001, 11:54 PM
If you've learned anything by that ungodly long time of 1 and a half weeks, you should've at least learned that the phone cord unplug trick doesn't work for everyone, so, no, it's not the surefire way to beat the BSOD.

As for quitting out before you can pick up items, how's that possible if you dont pick up items often or are in town.. saying "." to test for lag does NOT clog up the PSO servers. :P

Aberu
Feb 28, 2001, 12:01 AM
i didnt mean saying "." clogged it up but sayin "i have sex with my mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and putting it to a shortcut then making it go as fast as it can is unnecessary, no one needs to say that, it just annoys most of the people in the lobby and if everybody did it, it would lag the server, and i have found out that half of the rooms i go into there is someone doing something stupid like that, anyways, i test for the BSOD in the manner of writing nothing, but only when the items take a long time to pick up or if i feel the lag is getting really bad. I am not trying to be offensive in the way i am writing this and please do not take it that way.