PDA

View Full Version : News: I'm really tired of this.

Midicronica
Oct 17, 2007, 04:03 PM
Nooses. Yes, nooses. You can't turn on the television nowadays without hearing a story of a noose hanging outside of someones house, building, dorm, tree, or even a fucking chimney.... I can understand with the recent of events of the Jena 6, that the media would feel that things like this should be covered. But honestly, it's getting a little ridiculous. For instance, when I turned on the television 15 minutes and tuned into CNN Headline News there was a story of someone hanging a noose with a toy skeleton from their fucking chimney as part of their Halloween in decorations in their yard. Does that really need to be broad casted to the entire nation?

Now, I'm a person who likes to keep up with current events and what goes on around the world. I think it's important to find out if a person got shot in a remote Asian country across the world because that might somehow effect me, but it's a little tough to see those things when the media only covers stupid incidents like I stated above.

Blitzkommando
Oct 17, 2007, 06:00 PM
The media likes to piss over itself whenever it brings good ratings. Currently they're making a big piss over the "Jena 6". Tomorrow it might be over "That one guy that shot the gas station clerk with a pistol and then ran off but was found." Then they'd make a big piss about how "OMG GAS STATION EMPLOYEES ARE ALL GONNA DIE!" Personally, I like going online for my news because I can syphen out the current shitstorm and be on my merry way in less than ten minutes.

DurakkenX
Oct 17, 2007, 06:20 PM
Jena 6? What's that? I don't watch news as it's mostly garbage and i get enough garbage just from hearing things that go on around me...don't need a source of entertainment filling in with more ^.^

Midicronica
Oct 17, 2007, 08:40 PM
To make a long story short about the Jena 6. Some white kids hung a noose from a tree in the school courtyard, 6 black kids jumped them, and some of them got slapped with some serious charges.

Jena, Lousiana isn't far from where I live and I heard about maybe 2 to 3 weeks before it made national news.

I'm sure, if the incident that happened at my high school last year would have happened today it would have definitely made national news. Kid hung a noose out of his truck as he rolled through the school parking lot yelling "n***er" multiple times and started quite a rowe. I heard there was a fight somewhere, but it was kept low key and happened off the school grounds.

EphekZ
Oct 17, 2007, 08:54 PM
People need to talk about things. Nothing ever happens anymore anyways. They'll probably suck this dry until they find something new to beat. I don't know why this aggravates you as they do with pretty much every big headline.

Zorafim
Oct 17, 2007, 09:03 PM
Nooses are scary, though. Isn't that the point of Halloween decorations?

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 18, 2007, 12:54 AM
Be thankful when they are talking about trivial things. If the only thing they have to report on is a person's Halloween decorations, then clearly, they have nothing more exciting to report-- that means there's nothing horrible going on.

omegapirate2k
Oct 18, 2007, 07:25 AM
On 2007-10-17 19:03, Zorafim wrote:
Nooses are scary, though. Isn't that the point of Halloween decorations?

Fuck you beat me to the punch.