PDA

View Full Version : Xbox PSO

mizukage
Oct 18, 2007, 06:51 PM
I just purchased a Xbox with Phantasy Star and it turned out to be PSO episode 1 & 2. The offline game actually requires a Xbox Live Gamer Tag. What is a gamer tag and does it cost any amount of money???

Edit: Nevermind. It requires a Live subscription fee, even to play offline. I actually thought it was the remake version of Phantasy Star I, the classic game. Anyways, its a good thing that I bought it at a low price, because it will now be eatting dust somewhere. I will stick with GC's PSO, since it doesn't cost anything to play offline.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: mizukage on 2007-10-18 18:09 ]</font>

BW3Cmart
Oct 18, 2007, 08:11 PM
A gamertag is the name you go by when you play any Xbox game with Xbox Live and actually play online. For example: Let s say my gamertag is xCmartx, whenever i play like Halo2 or any game online thats what people will see and will know me as. I think you just need to create a Gamertag and then you will be able to play. Xbox live costs about $50-60 a year, but you can cancel it and any time and still use your gamertag for PSO, even if it is not active.

Jaspaller
Oct 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
You don't need an ACTIVE gamertag for PSOX, just a gamertag on the xbox in general. It could be dead and it wouldn't even matter, that way you can play offline for free. On top of that, why would you purchase it if you have PSOGC? The pictures on the front and back should've been a dead giveaway.

mizukage
Oct 19, 2007, 12:15 PM
On 2007-10-19 08:09, Jaspaller wrote:
You don't need an ACTIVE gamertag for PSOX, just a gamertag on the xbox in general. It could be dead and it wouldn't even matter, that way you can play offline for free. On top of that, why would you purchase it if you have PSOGC? The pictures on the front and back should've been a dead giveaway.

Well... You see, I bought an used game and the cover doesn't say anything except "Phantasy Star" as the label. However, after paying for it, they switch the empty box to one with a nice cover, which was when I discovered that its PSO... Aside from that, I thought the Xbox graphics are better than the GC, so..

Jaspaller
Oct 19, 2007, 12:28 PM
They are a little sharper, but it doesn't have some of those cool special effects like the telepipe heat wave. Plus it's pretty much corruption free. Woot

mizukage
Oct 19, 2007, 12:50 PM
Telepipe heat wave.. In that case, you don't mean that the GC is actually a better version, do you? I find the PSO graphics on the GC not as good as the PSU graphics on the PS2. Actually, I find most GC games have bad graphics when compared to the PS2, so I was actually expecting the Xbox to have similar graphics as the PS2, since its the same generation console. Then again, isn't the GC the same generation as well or is it the same as PSone???

AlexCraig
Oct 19, 2007, 12:57 PM
GC is the same gen as Xbox and PS2. PSone was the same as N64. Just like how now it is Wii, 360, and PS3.

Jaspaller
Oct 19, 2007, 02:48 PM
On 2007-10-19 10:50, mizukage wrote:
Telepipe heat wave.. In that case, you don't mean that the GC is actually a better version, do you?

I wouldn't say the GCN version is better. That's opinion based. They both have their ups and downs but are, at the core, the same game.

I find the PSO graphics on the GC not as good as the PSU graphics on the PS2. Actually, I find most GC games have bad graphics when compared to the PS2, so I was actually expecting the Xbox to have similar graphics as the PS2, since its the same generation console. Then again, isn't the GC the same generation as well or is it the same as PSone???

The graphics are better because PSU was made for PS2 AND it's newer. PSO still looks like the Dreamcast version with sharper graphics.

The GCN is definitely capable of more than PSO, you are just basing it off of a game that was made over 5 years ago and comparing it to a game that has just been made recently. The gamecube has a superior graphics chip compared to the PS2.

The Xbox IS the superior console of the Xbox/GCN/PS2 race in terms of graphics. Look at Ninja Gaiden, it's a game that blows away most games in the graphics department. Or there's splinter cell, xbox it looks the best, GCN it looks a little worse, and PS2 looks like a sack of shit

(and no I don't hate the PS2, I'm just proving a point).

mizukage
Oct 19, 2007, 03:38 PM
On 2007-10-19 12:48, Jaspaller wrote:

The Xbox IS the superior console of the Xbox/GCN/PS2 race in terms of graphics. Look at Ninja Gaiden, it's a game that blows away most games in the graphics department. Or there's splinter cell, xbox it looks the best, GCN it looks a little worse, and PS2 looks like a sack of shit

(and no I don't hate the PS2, I'm just proving a point).

Sounds like that you are a Xbox fan! Go XBox!!!

(actually, my favorite console is the ps2)

Jaspaller
Oct 19, 2007, 03:50 PM
Haha, well actually the main reason I did play my xbox more was for PSOX. I own all three consoles and out of all the hours I played on my xbox, over 75% of the time played was PSO. Gamecube has been my most reliable console and good when friends came over...

mizukage
Oct 19, 2007, 07:39 PM
On 2007-10-19 13:50, Jaspaller wrote:
Haha, well actually the main reason I did play my xbox more was for PSOX. I own all three consoles and out of all the hours I played on my xbox, over 75% of the time played was PSO. Gamecube has been my most reliable console and good when friends came over...

I also have all 3 consoles, but most of my games are ps2 exclusive. I'd say about 90% of my games are for the ps2, while GC only have a few games and Xbox is just PSO. Ever since I heard of the file transfer capability for the AOI, I had stopped playing PSO, even though I had just started episode 2. The thing is that even if I do finish episode 2, its not like I will be playing episode 3 or 4 for PSO. Actually, I wasn't playing PSU originally, but since ST is going to release an expansion, so I decided to play PSU. Otherwise, I have tons of other good ps2 games to play.