PDA

View Full Version : Question about Needle Cannon

Shade-
Oct 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
Is this a regular laser cannon, and the model is just a throwback? Or does it fire a spread shot/multiple lasers etc?

If anyone knows for sure that would be awesome. thanks.

HFlowen
Oct 18, 2007, 07:46 PM
If you want a spread needle, the remake is a shotgun.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5618/spreadneedleuy6.jpg

Shade-
Oct 18, 2007, 07:49 PM
well, yeah I know. I'm a fortegunner, and Shotgun is probably my primary weapon. But I'm just thinking, if the Needle fires 3-5 lasers, combine that with the Frag PA that has knockback, and you could literally stunlock an entire room until you ran out of PP and charges.

HFlowen
Oct 18, 2007, 07:50 PM
...? There's a Shotgun PA that has knock back?

PJ
Oct 18, 2007, 07:58 PM
No no, Laser Frag PA that has knockback.

Needle Cannon is the name of an SRank Laser.

Shade-
Oct 18, 2007, 08:01 PM
nono, there's the Laser Cannon PA that has knockback. But my thought is, if the Needle Cannon, which is a Laser Cannon, has a firing pattern similar to a shotgun, if you applied the cannon Pa that has knockback, you'd essentially have a shotgun that pierces enemies and knocks them down.

now this is all for naught if the Needle just fires the single laser like the rest of the cannons, but the description of the weapon, and the fact that it has needle in the name, and resembles the old one, makes me think that it might fire multiple lasers.

HFlowen
Oct 18, 2007, 08:01 PM
Well, I know that, but he's talking about 3-5 shots with knock back.

Whatever, someone else take over.

HFlowen
Oct 18, 2007, 08:02 PM
"a Laser Cannon, has a firing pattern similar to a shotgun"

Lmao, why the hell would it? It's a normal cannon.

Shade-
Oct 18, 2007, 08:06 PM
On 2007-10-18 18:02, HFlowen wrote:
"a Laser Cannon, has a firing pattern similar to a shotgun"

Lmao, why the hell would it? It's a normal cannon.

well see that was my question! It's called the Needle Cannon for a reason I'd assume. The Spread Needle was no ordinary gun, now was it?

"A super high-end, custom-made cannon that fires multiple thin photon beams from its reactors. Capable of felling hordes of enemies in an instant."

That makes me think it's no ordinary laser cannon. So my question is if anyone has SEEN one fired.

If it's for sure a normal cannon, then that's the answer I was looking for. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shade- on 2007-10-18 18:06 ]</font>

HFlowen
Oct 18, 2007, 08:08 PM
Sorry, I was lost on what you were getting at until now. Rofl.

Well, it shoots a single laser like every other laser in the game, it kind of looks like a needle that shoots out.

Also, all the descriptions makes things sound like the left hand of god or something like that.

Shade-
Oct 18, 2007, 08:10 PM
ok, well sorry if I wasn't clear what I was talking about/asking. I'll admit I'm a little disappointed, but I guess implementing the ultimate instrument of death is a little too much to ask for.

Thanks for the clarification in any case.

BIGHEAD
Oct 22, 2007, 06:38 PM
hey hflowen you know the spread needle i was just playing pso with a spread
on the dc and saw this post i NEED to know where they or where to get them on psu
PLEASE!!!!

1up is boss

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BIGHEAD on 2007-10-22 16:42 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BIGHEAD on 2007-10-22 17:27 ]</font>

Jife_Jifremok
Oct 22, 2007, 08:27 PM
Looking at the Needle Cannon itself (can probably get a good look in Isahn's S-Rank Catalog (somewhere on these forums), it should have four lasers converging into one larger beam like the Death Star's famous planet destroyer. Having actually seen the weapon in action, those four lasers were missing and the single beam begins a bit past the weapon (instead of behind the barrel like normal lasers o.O). I hope AoI fixes this.

Oh yeah, no spread shot.