PDA

View Full Version : Quick and dirty guide for Crossreview/1UP Cup Parum: Invisib

Lyrise
Oct 19, 2007, 10:08 AM
I was going to hold off on this till everyone got to run it a bit to experience what it would feel like not knowing what to do in a new mission again, since you know, everytime you read strategy from the Japanese servers it just ruins everything knowing what to do in advance. So if you haven't run it, or don't want to be spoiled, STOP NOW, and click the back button on your browser. (I'm not using the spoiler tags due to the quantity of information, and the level of demand for this)

Yes, I know this should be in strategy, but I figure I'd leave it here for now, since most people will probably forget about strategy during the event. Mods, feel free to move this if you have to.

To the rest of you, still here? Then here we go.

Block A:

-Turn your sound way up for this. The first choice you make, is which warp to take. The shortest route will be the warp that makes a sound. The other warp will lead you to a detour that you can use to add to your kill score. But whichever warp you take (since one will lead you back here anyway), REMEMBER which warp made the sound!

Block B:

-The container is random, 4 possible results. Key, Key with Vahra, Vahra, and air. Even though its theoretically faster to just skip this part entirely, SHOOT the container! You'll see why in a moment.

-The next choice is 4 warps, one behind a lock. The reason why I made you shoot the container before: a flower will spawn next to one of the warps. If you did not shoot the container before it, it will not appear.

-Each warp has a destination to take you, and this depends on where the flower is. Taking the warp with the flower wil lead you to the mid length route. Taking the warp right of the one with the flower takes you to the "Mysterious path", which is the longest route. And the one left of the flower is the same as taking the one behind the lock (the short route). Whatever route you take, Make sure before you leave this block you get the chip hidden in a tree in the indent to the side. (It's in the last room, so no matter what warp you take, you can get it)

Block C:

-Remember the warp you took from Block A to get to Block B? The route you take depends on that earlier event, and the enemies you kill here. If you went left, Killing the Badiras opens the far path. Skipping the badiras and killing the vahras makes the key appear by the gate. If you went right, its the opposite, Vahras for the far gate, Badiras for the close gate.

-Getting the chip: At the fork after you get an NPC to join you (or in some cases not) means stopping by the left side first and noting what spawns there. This includes enemy status (sword, shiled, king). Afterwards head to the right side and kill ONLY the monster in the pair that spawn, that you saw on the left. In the event that a monster spawns but the status does not match, look for the closest answer, and kill it anyway (ex. you saw a sword vahra, but there's only a vahra and a badira on the right; kill the vahra anyway). Repeat 3 times to get the chip.

-Corollary to the above: if your NPC is Remillia, skip the left side, its a waste of time unless you need the kills. On the right side, kill everything that's not a Koltoba for the chip.

Block D:

-Depending on your party structure and when you left Block C, you will be randomly split up into 2 groups with 2 different spawn points. Or in the case of a solo run, you will end up in the large room.

-In the first room of each side, there wil be a mix of 2 monsters that spawn. Killing a certain set makes the gate open faster, killing the other set spawns more monsters. What you kill once again depends on the warp you took way back in A. If you went left, kill the Volffu. If you went right, kill the Golmoro.

-The next choice you make, is the 2 switches. This happens on both sides, but are completely opposite from each other. If you're in the path that starts with the big room, the warp you took in A will be the switch you press. (If you went left, you press the left switch, likewise for right). Pressing the wrong switch warps you back one room, and spawns more monsters. In the other path (not seen when soloing), the square room, if you went left, you press right and vice-versa. The wrong switch has a bomb.

-In the room with the 5 boxes, if you went left warp on A, The chip will be in the Southeast box. If you went right, it will be in the Southwest box. Also, if you took the right warp, the middle large box will be safe to break. It will spawn 4 smaller boxes. If you went left, its got a svaltus.

Regardless of Difficulty chosen, in order to score a perfect 10, you need to clear this in under 20 minutes (5 points), you need 81 or more kills (2 points) and all 3 chips (3 points). So after getting that 10 on that rank, if you choose to speedrun it for quick bonus access, run the short routes and don't miss a single chip. That will get you the 8 points you need for S.

IF there's still a big demand for the other trials, I'll get around to posting mini-guides for them all as well. Stay Tuned!

Edit: Title edited for clarity

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-10-19 09:00 ]</font>

New_One
Oct 19, 2007, 10:09 AM
Wooo! thank you!

Rashiid
Oct 19, 2007, 10:10 AM
bout god damn time!

lethe
Oct 19, 2007, 10:10 AM
I'd hug you but i havent taken a shower http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

New_One
Oct 19, 2007, 10:15 AM
Edit: double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New_One on 2007-10-19 08:16 ]</font>

Kairi_Li
Oct 19, 2007, 11:57 AM
YESS! Please post the linear line and Nuedaiz ones too when they are out. GREAT info! Thank you SO MUCH!

CelestialBlade
Oct 19, 2007, 12:08 PM
Awesome stuff, hope it gets stickied. Though this will likely get moved to the Gameplay and Guides forum.

Genoa
Oct 19, 2007, 02:10 PM
Wow, awesome guide. Thanks a lot :> I was able to help a large amount of people learn the map with your guide.

PALRAPPYS
Oct 19, 2007, 03:13 PM
Oh wow thank you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've figured out a lot about this mission now, but what would really help is if we got a Moatoob guide. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

BahnKnakyu
Oct 19, 2007, 03:25 PM
HOLY CRAP this is complicated. Thanks!

Lyrise
Oct 19, 2007, 03:27 PM
On 2007-10-19 13:13, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Oh wow thank you! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've figured out a lot about this mission now, but what would really help is if we got a Moatoob guide. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I already posted a Moatoob guide; Look for it.

Randomness
Oct 19, 2007, 04:38 PM
An alternative I found to speed-running for EX missions is intentionally taking a couple detours, in order to obtain 81 kills. This is especially good for lower-leveled A groups, because it gives more than 10 extra minutes to complete the mission in order to reach EX. (I've gotten S this way with a 31 minute time)

buzyb77
Oct 19, 2007, 07:04 PM
Sticky thiis

drizzle
Oct 19, 2007, 07:23 PM
Great guide. Thanks. This bit has me a bit confused though:

-In the room with the 5 boxes, if you went left warp on A, The chip will be in the Southeast box. If you went right, it will be in the Southwest box. Also, if you took the right warp, the middle large box will be safe to break. It will spawn 4 smaller boxes. If you went left, its got a svaltus.

In the runs I've done, that box always had a svaltus, no matter if I took left or right warp before. Perhaps it's changed?
Not a bad thing though, they drop hueg sword things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: drizzle on 2007-10-19 17:24 ]</font>

Saigan
Oct 19, 2007, 08:11 PM
I wub you. You've made me so vewy happy ;_;

No. Really.

Genoa
Oct 20, 2007, 12:30 AM
Oh man, this guide... I'll say it again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif tytyty
I've gotten two Perfect runs, we just can't seem to finish the bonus levels in time D;.... SO CLOSE, but we needed like, 10 more seconds =/

Saito S
Oct 20, 2007, 07:50 PM
Great Guide! But....
That first warp. I have to say, both warps seem to sound the same to me. O_o They both make the normal warp "whum whum whum" noise, and I can't hear anything special out of either one of them.
What kinda sound exactly are we listening for...?

Kietrinia
Oct 20, 2007, 08:56 PM
I've a small correction to list here.

Under Block D

-In the first room of each side, there wil be a mix of 2 monsters that spawn. Killing a certain set makes the gate open faster, killing the other set spawns more monsters. What you kill once again depends on the warp you took way back in A. If you went left, kill the Volffu. If you went right, kill the Golmoro.This seems reversed from what I've seen.

It's been Right = kill Volffu, Left = kill Golmoro

Saito S
Oct 20, 2007, 10:33 PM
This seems reversed from what I've seen.

It's been Right = kill Volffu, Left = kill Golmoro
Yep, I've noticed this as well. Just soloed it a couple time, went right then left.
What you said Kietrinia, seems to be the case.

Also in block D, it seems like the chip is in the north boxes (east or west, depending on if you went left or right on the warp), not the south boxes...
And again I ask: can anyone clarify the whole sound thing? (for the very first warp). I really cannot hear any difference between the two...lol

Ryna
Oct 21, 2007, 02:14 PM
On 2007-10-20 20:33, Blue_Flame wrote:
And again I ask: can anyone clarify the whole sound thing? (for the very first warp). I really cannot hear any difference between the two...lol

Turn up the base on your speaker system. You should be listening for a PSO telepipe sound.

TranceZiggy
Oct 22, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-10-21 12:14, Ryna wrote:

On 2007-10-20 20:33, Blue_Flame wrote:

Turn up the base on your speaker system. You should be listening for a PSO telepipe sound.

Ive cranked my sound system as far as it can go, and i heard nothing. Accidently hit square and made my char attack... That hurt my ears <.<

buzyb77
Oct 22, 2007, 03:09 PM
cool

Saito S
Oct 22, 2007, 09:22 PM
On 2007-10-22 10:47, TranceZiggy wrote:
Ive cranked my sound system as far as it can go, and i heard nothing. Accidently hit square and made my char attack... That hurt my ears <.<

Ouch! O_o
But yeah...I STILL don't hear it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
Ryna, by PSO telepipe sound, did you mean that "voom voom" that all warps in PSU normally make? Cause if so, as far as I can tell, they both make the sound... >_<

Ah well. It's not like it matters THAT much. Pick the long way and you have plenty of chances to make up time; pick the short way and you have plenty of chances to make up your kill count. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Coxy
Oct 24, 2007, 02:54 AM
The warps do make noise, although I've had times when I couldn't hear anything stood right on top of it, I had to move off of the warp slightly

Edit - It is easier to hear when you are not buffed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coxy on 2007-10-24 00:57 ]</font>

EtherForce
Nov 10, 2007, 01:54 PM
What's the most efficient way of doing this? Can you still get 81 kills if you take all of the shortcuts?

Dhylec
Nov 10, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-11-10 10:54, EtherForce wrote:
What's the most efficient way of doing this? Can you still get 81 kills if you take all of the shortcuts?

Shortcuts are what they are, taking the shortest paths, so fewer kills & less points. Shortcuts are best used when you are doing quick runs.

EtherForce
Nov 10, 2007, 02:01 PM
OK would it be better to take the mid-route ways then?

EtherForce
Nov 10, 2007, 02:25 PM
Oyy, ok I'm just gunna go count how many monsters I kill.

EtherForce
Nov 10, 2007, 02:47 PM
O.O Omg I just soloed the mission and got 10 points. Freakin' Miracle! Thanks for all the help!