PDA

View Full Version : Quick and Dirty Guide for Crossreview/1Up Cup Moatoob: Unite

Lyrise
Oct 19, 2007, 11:31 AM
I've gotten rather positive feedback in large numbers from my other post, that I guess it was inevitable that I do the rest as well. That said, I'm using the same disclaimer from that post also.

***Disclaimer***

I was going to hold off on this till everyone got to run it a bit to experience what it would feel like not knowing what to do in a new mission again, since you know, everytime you read strategy from the Japanese servers it just ruins everything knowing what to do in advance. So if you haven't run it, or don't want to be spoiled, STOP NOW, and click the back button on your browser. (I'm not using the spoiler tags due to the quantity of information, and the level of demand for this)

Yes, I know this should be in strategy, but I figure I'd leave it here for now, since most people will probably forget about strategy during the event. Mods, feel free to move this if you have to.

***End Disclaimer***

To the rest of you, still here? Then here we go again.

Warning: If you aren't in a full party, BRING FREEZE TRAPS!

Block 1:

-When you reach the first locked door that needs to be opened by a switch, run along the right side of the pit to avoid all 3 traps, press the switch to open the door. Not a glitch, and also a recommendation, have your force or RA in party stand at the door that you just opened. Even though the door is timed for 20 seconds, as long as someone is there to keep it open, it will not close and lock.

-In the last room, there is a warp, which you need to split your party up to access. Upon taking the warp, there is a destructible wall BEHIND you. Break it for the chip.

-In the same area, you can scan the containers to see which are trapped and which has the key. but since it never changes, its the Upper left container that has the key.

Block 2:

-IMPORTANT! Pay attention to where you found your keys. After opening the 2 key gate, there will be another batch of enemies to spawn where you found key 1. If you have a ranger, ignore that mob. I'll explain why later.

-The order for the switches when you hit the 3 laser fences is Left > Middle > right. Pretty simple isn't it?

-Upon entering the last room, immediately turn to your left, and scan the rock. This leads to another chip.

-Remember the mob you skipped if you have a ranger class? You can snipe them all with a rifle or a bow from the last room. This saves you a LOT of time, which is something you need if you are to score a 10.

Block 3:

-Rather run of the mill, split-your-party-and-grab-the-keys deal. Ignore the press switches you run across, they serve no purpose other than to make your life miserable with popup traps and turrets. Note the fake wall at the end of the right fork for a light switch. Make sure you press that switch! There will be a rapcha spawn from enabling the lights!

-At the friendchecker, it's important to note that ONLY *2* people will be involved in this. The leader, and the character the game randomly selects. The others (if you have any others) are free to run ahead and play enforcer.

-The 2 who are selected at the test should take all the time they need. Don't rush this, the indicator has 4 color warnings from blue to red. If it turns red, you fail. Additionally, the 2 people selected shouldbe moving towards the finish point at all times, do NOT attempt to fight anything, let your partners deal with it. Bil de Bear is here, and one punch is all it takes for you to fail this if you aren't next to a wall. If they get to the finish point before you can clean out the monsters, head for the finish point as well. Then double back and pick off the remains.

-In the case of a 2 person party, or if you are unable to clear the enemies before your pair gets to the monsters, drop a freeze trap to let them pass. OR hope one of you is a cast with a charged SUV.

-Upon finishing the friendchecker SUCCESSFULLY, there is a warp to your immediate left. Don't miss this, as it is easy to pass by. This warp contains the last chip.

Moatoob is by far the hardest of the 4 trials. Even though I mentioned GColony as the hardest as well, this one tests skill, that one tests sheer luck. Your goal for Moatoob to score a 10 is as follows:

Time taken: no more than 22 minutes ( 5 points)
Enemies killed: At least 93 (2 points)
Chips: 3 (3 point)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lyrise on 2007-10-19 17:06 ]</font>

Kairi_Li
Oct 19, 2007, 11:58 AM
Again, great stuff, thank you!

Request for Linear Line and Nuedaiz?

Raine_Loire
Oct 19, 2007, 03:47 PM
^_^ don't ask for them before the quest is even out!

Thank you so much for both of these, you're so awesome!

-Tidus_415-
Oct 19, 2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks for this Lyrise but I have a question. Ive been doing this with a friend on C trying to get all 10 points but we always seem to only kill 92 monsters. It's not the ranger mob skip ones either because I make sure I kill all 3 of them. Is there some type of room I might be missing?

Yunfa
Oct 19, 2007, 07:03 PM
my group always finish the run with 92 monsters instead of 93, so we end up getting 8 points instead of 10, we searched high and low for them, +_+ what is amiss?

Lyrise
Oct 19, 2007, 07:05 PM
Remember the light switch I mentioned? There's a Rapcha that will spawn when you hit it. I left it out seeing how many people will pay attention to that switch, guess it caught a few people offguard. Guide edited to include that bit now.

drizzle
Oct 19, 2007, 07:17 PM
Lapucha is the english name for the bird things.

pionear
Oct 19, 2007, 07:22 PM
Yea, in every run I've did, I always miss a few enemies...TY for this info...

Turambar
Oct 19, 2007, 08:01 PM
so THATS where that final lapucha is...

Wallin
Oct 19, 2007, 09:37 PM
"-Rather run of the mill, split-your-party-and-grab-the-keys deal. Ignore the press switches you run across, they serve no purpose other than to make your life miserable with popup traps and turrets. Note the fake wall at the end of the right fork for a light switch. Make sure you press that switch! There will be a rapcha spawn from enabling the lights!"

I never found this. Where is this?

Lyrise
Oct 19, 2007, 09:53 PM
Block 3, where you have to split your team into 2. One side has the switches under the press traps, the other side has 2 lasergates that need the switches from the left side to open. Once you pass both gates behind the key is a wall. This wall is fake, pass through it for a light switch which will spawn the bird that evaded most people.

Siertes
Oct 19, 2007, 09:56 PM
On 2007-10-19 19:53, Lyrise wrote:
Block 3, where you have to split your team into 2. One side has the switches under the press traps, the other side has 2 lasergates that need the switches from the left side to open. Once you pass both gates behind the key is a wall. This wall is fake, pass through it for a light switch which will spawn the bird that evaded most people.

In that area with the switches under the press traps, does that button in the same room have any purpose?

HFlowen
Oct 19, 2007, 09:58 PM
I think that switch activates the turrets.

Wallin
Oct 19, 2007, 11:50 PM
I'm really confused, admittably I only did Moatoob once.

You wrote:
"-Rather run of the mill, split-your-party-and-grab-the-keys deal. Ignore the press switches you run across..."

If I'm not supposed to step on any switches, how do I lower the laser fields at the end of the right fork?

Phetty
Oct 20, 2007, 01:48 AM
Are there any monsters you can skip to cut down time or do all of them need to be killed?

McLaughlin
Oct 20, 2007, 10:22 AM
Are there any EX missions with Jishigara?

Lyrise
Oct 20, 2007, 02:50 PM
1. All monsters need to be killed. The game demands 93 kills, and stupidly enough, there's only 93.

2. There are no EX with Jishagara.

Feelmirath
Oct 20, 2007, 03:22 PM
On 2007-10-20 08:22, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
Are there any EX missions with Jishigara?

No, but if it's Skela you're after, the boxes right at the end of the bonus missions should be able to drop one... I think...

McLaughlin
Oct 20, 2007, 05:00 PM
Crud. Alrighty, thanks. Good guide too Lyrise.

haruna
Oct 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
Clarification!

For block 2 with the switches and the dark room:
-After beating a bunch of Jishagaras in a dark room, you'll go east and there's a "T" intersection with a floor button. Press the floor button to let someone go to the north.

Going North:
-There are 2 buttons under mashers. Those open gates for people who go south.
-Upon entering, the button to your left will open the first gate. Button to the second will open the right gate.
-DO NOT HIT THE STAND ALONE SWITCH. This is what activates the traps. One of those fire traps does massive damage based on a % of your HP so yeah, it can destroy you on a C if you're level 100.

Longtail
Oct 21, 2007, 05:46 PM
-Remember the mob you skipped if you have a ranger class? You can snipe them all with a rifle or a bow from the last room. This saves you a LOT of time, which is something you need if you are to score a 10.

I'm having trouble doing this part. Using a rifle pushes the vanda mehra (or whatever high level versions are called) out of range and the leader really doesn't like to move forward enough so it's constantly out of range and takes a lot of time to actually kill. Is there a better position to stand or to somehow keep it in range?

buzyb77
Oct 22, 2007, 03:10 PM
sweet

Tita
Oct 24, 2007, 05:12 PM
On 2007-10-21 15:46, Longtail wrote:

I'm having trouble doing this part. Using a rifle pushes the vanda mehra (or whatever high level versions are called) out of range and the leader really doesn't like to move forward enough so it's constantly out of range and takes a lot of time to actually kill. Is there a better position to stand or to somehow keep it in range?

its easy to pick the group off by alternating, but the leader is a pain in the arse.

some tips i picked up:
-you can aggro him into the closest ledge by shooting until you can't reach him, then strafe into a direct "B line" to where you want him to walk towards.
-there is a triangular shaped ledge that gives you the best shot once you positioned him. shoot him until you cant, then strafe into that B line again.

since you're going to have to wait for him to come back to range, might as well use that time to get him close for maximum damage.

hope that helps!
==========

Concerning that room with the vandas: since that area is going to be ignored anyway, it seems that it would be a good idea to drop a Virus trap G in that room before you head off.