PDA

View Full Version : Xbox messenger kit

Xellos175
Oct 20, 2007, 07:55 AM
I just bought the kit because I needed a extra headset and I thought the text pad could be used as a keyboard but its not working what I want to know if there is something I need to do to make the game register the text pad or it can't be used that way?

Phoenix_Black
Oct 20, 2007, 08:33 AM
Th text pad is not compatable with PSU as of yet. Clumsy said they're working on it, but the last we heard of anything was like last month.

Feggge
Jan 12, 2008, 12:21 PM
Does anyone know if it works now? I'm buying a 360 on monday and I'd like to know if it's worth buying the kit.

Anduril
Jan 12, 2008, 01:52 PM
No news about it yet, sorry.

parabolee
Feb 19, 2008, 03:04 PM
This is absurd! Why the hell doesn't the Xbox 360 recognize the messenger kit as a USB keyboard??!? That way it would work will all games with no problems.

Microsoft really screwed the pooch on this one, as soon as I saw this thing I wanted it for PSU.

AnnabellaRenee87
Mar 3, 2008, 12:16 PM
On 2008-02-19 12:04, parabolee wrote:
This is absurd! Why the hell doesn't the Xbox 360 recognize the messenger kit as a USB keyboard??!? That way it would work will all games with no problems.

Microsoft really screwed the pooch on this one, as soon as I saw this thing I wanted it for PSU.

Everyone of us did.........

ogrizzle
Mar 6, 2008, 12:04 AM
USB keyboards are relatively cheap. you can get em for $20 or so. i actually prefer using my USB keyboard over my messanger Kit.

Brainwrecked
Jun 27, 2008, 01:14 AM
Here's an interesting discovery:

The Logitech Cordless MediaBoard (Model Y-RAN77) is marketed for the PS3 only. If you look inside, there's nothing special -- keyboard w/ track pad in place of number pad, and a USB dongle. As it was on clearance for $25 at Wal-Mart, I said what the heck.

It works just fine on PCs, works fine on the 360 dashboard, but you cannot enter text while online in PSU. If you have the soft keyboard up, PSU hides it on any keystroke, but no text appears. Escape key works as it should.

Is this what you Messenger Kit people experience with Microsoft's text pad?