PDA

View Full Version : Guide: How to find the rappy at par mission~

berryshadow
Oct 20, 2007, 03:27 PM
Black A:
left warp must be the shortcut.
(left shortcut=NPC map)

Black B:
4 warps choice,right?find the flowers.the flowers must be the left 1!

Black C:
NPC must be the Fullyen Curtz.

rappy will meet u at block D!
=p

hope this will help u guy~

Xencia
Oct 20, 2007, 03:40 PM
Well not always,seen it most often with him,but my team also got rappies once with the girl cast,Noby or whatever her name was.

SuperChoco
Oct 20, 2007, 04:14 PM
I'll try this later thank you

drizzle
Oct 20, 2007, 04:51 PM
Left warp at start, Norphe as NPC gave us rappies also. I think the flower was in the middle but am not sure.

berryshadow
Oct 20, 2007, 05:50 PM
On 2007-10-20 14:51, drizzle wrote:
Left warp at start, Norphe as NPC gave us rappies also. I think the flower was in the middle but am not sure.

well~
Left warp at start, Norphe as NPC.
if flowers at right side then u wont get rappy,
but im not sure about flower at middle or left side

HFlowen
Oct 20, 2007, 06:01 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=49400&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I was listing all the unique maps I came across in an Excel document.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNT0HT9P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-20 16:02 ]</font>

Kaloa
Oct 20, 2007, 06:33 PM
I had rappies going the the right-shortcut route on the first block. I was met with an NPC (curtz) on block c, and at the point I kind of had a feeling that I'd get rappies because I *never* met an npc going that route before.

HFlowen
Oct 20, 2007, 06:41 PM
Yea, I'm pretty sure Curtz's map is on the right side.

Has anyone EVER gotten rappies with Bruce? I have like 7 different patterns with him and no rappies.

Mr_Confused
Oct 21, 2007, 11:40 AM
I always use the right as shortcut and take the shortest route possible and i got rappies 8 times in a row last night. freaking 7 pumpkin heads

like we always cancel if we get left teleporter as shortcut

then if you open the box in block B and have

1.No vahras and key
2.Key and no vahras
3.No Key and no vahras

these have all given me rappies.

then in block c after the badira the key must spawn on the left by the gate. Then if you get Curtz you get rappies.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mr_Confused on 2007-10-21 09:44 ]</font>

HFlowen
Oct 21, 2007, 12:20 PM
It's possible that the box contents have nothing to do with the map. I've been trying to figure out if there was a piece of information that didn't belong since it would reduce the number of variations greatly.

Further testing required.

DonRoyale
Oct 21, 2007, 04:18 PM
I've been hunting them for a bit now, saw them twice. The method:

-Left warp in block 1
-No key in the box with three Vahras
-Middle warp in block 2
-Curtz NPC
-Normal Vahra in block 3

That got my bro rappies twice.

Coxy
Oct 21, 2007, 06:09 PM
People assuming something and then posting it as fact is how rumours get started.

Seeing as the appearance rate is higher and you are supposed to take under 20 mins to get an S, why not just complete every run on the off-chance that rappies appear randomly?

Soulvayne
Oct 22, 2007, 12:52 PM
What I've found for the curtz "rare" spawn on Block 3 is not Normal Vahras rather Vahras with Defense Shield has given rappies all 3 times I've seen that particular spawn.

Urtri
Oct 23, 2007, 04:24 AM
ok ill post what i found and suspect

1. the map variant depends on only 3 things is seems to get rappies - The telepad in B1, The Box in B2 and the NPC/Chip monster Combo in B3
2. (Suspect) Each NPC has 1 Rare Map Spawn (suspected going on the table in the Jp PSU wiki) that has a chance of appearing (some NPC's have a higher chance than others it seems).
Norphe is about 80% chance (only meet her once and got rappies but some people claim to have got her and didnt get rappies)
Crutz - Best Guess is about 40%
Bruce - i'd say around 15% (never had a rare spawn of bruce but agian some claim they have)

Curtz's Rare spawn needs the 3 things to Happen (and this is confrimed)

Rigth Telepad in B1 - NO KEY from Box in B2 - Vahra's with Sheild Buffs in B3

Norphes is just get her and you'll have rappies (she 100% rappy with me)
Bruces is currently unknown to me as hes at 0% fo me

Kion
Oct 23, 2007, 11:36 AM
so if you don't get an NPC it's an automatic tell for no rappies, but before that you can usually tell by the box in b2?

TranceZiggy
Oct 23, 2007, 11:44 AM
So far, as DonRoyale/SoulVayne (stated/corrected) there is that rare spawn:

B1: Left Warp
B2: Box with Vahra And Key OR Vahra Only
B3: Curtz/Shield Vahra

There is also (The most common for me)

B2: Box With Vahra Only
B3: Norphe/Normal Vahra

I believe the flower and box are connected, as they seem to follow the same patterns.. On Left warp, if the box spawns 3 Vahra and NO Key, the flower is on the right. If the box spawns 3 Vahra and a Key, the flower is on the left. But, I think the key and the first warp are the deciding factors.. Because, going right at the first map, I've got no Vahra and no Key and the warp was the middle, then going right, I got no Vahras, WITH a Key and the warp was the right. Going left, I got Vahras with NO key and it was middle, then Vahras WITH a key, and it was right.. They;re the genral patterns.. Though ive seen the warp being left, but that ended up the same result as the right..

Anyway, that leads me to the third rare map.

B1: Right Warp
B2: No Vahras, A Key.

Though that contradicts my Key being dominant theory.. Because, if you get Vahras with the key on this, you wont get Curtz.. :l

Edit: Just realised the last rare map spawn contradicts what Utiri said.. He said NO key, whilst I said Key.

Then again, the run I did earlier.. Was right, with Vahra AND key, had the right warp, but no curtz..
So I think I may be right in assuming, you need either NO Vahra WITH a key or Vahra and NO key.

Edit Again: Just checked the progress on the official boards. It seems the Right Warp Curtz map has HUGE variables.. It's said you can get the Curtz map with different variables.. So, thats gonna need testing.. Anyways, i'll repost the rare spawns neatly, here:

B2: Box with Vahra And Key or Vahra and NO Key

B2: Box With Vahra

B2: Box with No Key, Box with Key Only or Box with Vahra and Key.

PLEASE Note this is all very experimental.. I'm testing these all ALOT. The only one that is currently 100% accurate is #2, the map with Norphe.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TranceZiggy on 2007-10-23 10:01 ]</font>

tailz
Oct 23, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-10-20 16:01, HFlowen wrote:
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=49400&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

I was listing all the unique maps I came across in an Excel document.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TNT0HT9P

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-20 16:02 ]</font>

lol same here... had it all the way down to which maps contained traps... ive got a big list of several different maps, and every time i got a map again, i filled in a cell next to it so i can confirm them.... 60 runs later... 3 rappy spawns lol sigh.... but hey, with all the info i wrote down, i learned all the shortcuts (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=156934&forum=20&start=0&10) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Raine_Loire
Oct 23, 2007, 05:39 PM
This all makes me cry. I've done every variant of the map, I'm pretty sure. I've gotten all 3 npcs and no npc at all, and I've had every scenario that you guys have posted as guaranteed rappy pops. I've done an average of 10 parum runs a day, leveled my character a LOT (and hey, that's really what's important, right?) and had 3 star to no star luck. 50+ runs, and no Rappys have appeared. I wonder why?

TranceZiggy
Oct 23, 2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah, nah.. Been running this all day/night basically.. In conclusion, I think, the only way to determine if you have rappies or not is to get the NPC. I got one map last night.. Went righht warp, Got Vahra AND Key from the box, warp was on the right, and there was no Curtz. Did it again later, SAME IDENTICAL MAP, got Curtz + Shield Vahra and Rappies.. So i'm pretty sure it's safe to assume the only variables in getting Rappies, is Block 1 warp, NPC and Left-side Spawning Creature. Basically, it'll be like this:

B1: Left

B1: Left
B2: Curtz/Normal Vahra or Shield Vahra

B1: Right
B3: Curtz/Shield Vahra.

Right will be the fastest route, because if you get Curtz going right, its GUARANTEED Rappies, you dont even need to check the Shield Vahra (It'll be there, 100%).

Anyways, i'm 99% Sure that's how it works.. Rappy hunting is easy enough on these maps anyways... So, have fun guys, and good hunting http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I'll keep testing the maps... And i'm beginning to think maybe it really IS random, which just doesn't make sense, because every rare map on PSU has patterns, EVEN the firebreak map.. Anyway, update and final conclusion soon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TranceZiggy on 2007-10-23 20:02 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
Oct 23, 2007, 10:20 PM
I think you are right, I finally got rappies, and those were the things consistent with the guide. I had the left warp, Curtz and non shielded vahra, but My flower was on the left, and there were Vahra with no key. I probably need to get them a few more times before I can say there's a pattern though!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raine_Loire on 2007-10-23 20:21 ]</font>

Kion
Oct 24, 2007, 12:44 AM
this guide is full of great justice. thanks zig. also if you get a rappy map, do they appear in the EX bonus mission?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-10-23 23:25 ]</font>

TranceZiggy
Oct 24, 2007, 04:17 AM
On 2007-10-23 22:44, Kion wrote:
this guide is full of great justice. thanks zig. also if you get a rappy map, do they appear in the EX bonus mission?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2007-10-23 23:25 ]</font>

No worries lol, and uhh.. I'm not sure tbh, I havent actually seen rappies in an EX mission, but.. It seems possible, I guess? Ill get around to working it out eventually <.<

TranceZiggy
Oct 24, 2007, 04:41 AM
Update: I've had reports that the B1 Right Warp, With Curtz isn't ALWAYS Rappies. Apparently, you need 3 Shielded Vahra to spawn on the RIGHT HAND SIDE of the last B3 area. (Where you obtain the chip).

I'm yet to confirm this, because Right + Curtz has always been Rappies for me.

Again, I'm 99% sure that the maps in this post: http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=156696&forum=22&start=15&30#19

Are correct, EXCEPT, MAYBE the Right Warp + Curtz map (Which, may in fact, need a consistent 3 Shielded Vahras on the right hand side of B3.)

Until I can confirm this, if you are running for Rappies, or doing casual runs even, and get Right Warp + Curtz, could you please take note of the right hand side spawns, and help me confirm this? Any help will be greatly appreciated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

TranceZiggy
Oct 24, 2007, 07:13 AM
Update #2: The above 'rumour' has been confirmed. I just had a run with the Left Warp + Curtz + Normal Vahra. The right side had a total of 6 Vahras spawn, (Three were Normal, the rest were Shield & Sword) and I got rappies. Then after that, I got Left Warp + Curtz + Normal Vahra again, but this time on the right, I had 5 Vahras spawn and 1 Koltova.

So, it seems, for the Curtz Maps you DO need consistent Vahra spawns on the right hand side. I'm yet to confirm the Right Warp Curtz map, but I will soemtime soon, though I'm pretty sure you're going to need consistent Vahra spawns there, too.

Oh, and in case you're wondering, you don't need consistent Vahra spawns for the Norphe map, because she will ALWAYS have a Koltova as the 'other' enemy on the right hand side. This is because, the way she 'hints' at how to get the second chip, is by saying 'OH NOES TEH POOR LIL KOLTOVA GOT LOST, PLX DONT KILLZ HIM!! (LAWD Ive spent too much time on this game lately..)

Anyways, clarifying & updating maps:

#1: Norphe

#2: Curtz
B2: Curtz/Normal or Shield Vahra on Left & 6 Spawns of Any Vahra on the right (Including 3 Spawns of whatever Vahra spawned on the left)

#3: Curtz
B3: Curtz/Shield Vahra on Left & 6 Spawns of Any Vahra on the right (Including 3 Spawns of Shield Vahra)

Still trying to confirm the Right Warp Curtz map.. But basically, #1 & #2 are 100% Correct, #3 still beeds confirmation..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TranceZiggy on 2007-10-24 05:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TranceZiggy on 2007-10-24 05:16 ]</font>