PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB on windows vista

ansemthewise
Oct 21, 2007, 08:24 AM
i recently downloaded PSOBB on my computer, and it won't work. i can log in a start game but then it say incorrect ID or password, i have made many accounts and try them all and it still says incorrect ID or password. does anyone know if windows vista will play PSOBB? I mean i got world of warcraft to work on windows vista without any trouble so i don't know why it won't work with PSOBB.

DC_PLAYER
Oct 21, 2007, 09:37 AM
many accounts? are you what on the private server? because if you are becareful with the register page (there are 2, only 1 works now i think).
also try and see if you are tiping in caps or something similar, it can also be a problem of the server, in any case contact direcly the right entity.

Shardeus
Oct 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
It was a bear getting PSOBB onto a friends computer that had Vista on it... i ended up copying my PSOBB folder from my computer (XP-Pro) onto thiers after the initial setup... it works, except for Gameguard (or whatever) has a fit about being a 'cracked or copied' version, but the game still worked as normal.

Although... i can't say how it would work with the ST servers as i don't have the money to play on those.

zoloroel
Oct 24, 2007, 08:57 PM
ive been told from many places on the web that you can't get psobb on vista. if u can the tell me

Canada
Oct 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
i'm having the same problem but i have windows xp--
DC_PLAYER "are you what on the private server? because if you are becareful with the register page (there are 2, only 1 works now i think). "

Canada
Oct 24, 2007, 09:59 PM
*oops on that last post* but DC_PLAYER what do u mean by on a private server and that only one of 2 work? 1 of 2 what work? I posted this problem on the tecnical support and someone said something about sega discontinuing the servers and now there's only private servers now? is that what ur talking about---- if it is how do i get to the private server to get an ID and start playing PSOBB?

AlexCraig
Oct 24, 2007, 10:09 PM
Cannot discuss private servers on the forums.

Edit: Excerpt from the above sticky:

Here is what can and can't be said about private servers:

Can say:
They exist

Experiences while on them (found -, or did - quest)

Can't say:

How to find them

How to connect to them

Names of the servers

Encouraging using private servers

Walkthrough for exclusive quests

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlexCraig on 2007-10-24 20:10 ]</font>

Splash
Oct 25, 2007, 01:22 AM
I'll tell you this much. PSO:BB servers are still up, therefore just pay the money, create the account, and play. >_>