PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on getting 80 kills in Ex mission?

dogg1000
Oct 21, 2007, 10:58 AM
Got to 79 twice just need an extra 5 seconds. )=

shotsfired
Oct 21, 2007, 05:53 PM
how did you get that many?? my most is 70. what is your group consisting of?

IsoDonk
Oct 21, 2007, 06:53 PM
I've hit 74 a few times, on the Polavohra mission on C. I think we had a couple of FTs, none with Nosdiga, and a couple of hunters.

For that mission especially, I think Nosdiga is the way to go.

Either way, even if we're killing stuff unbelievably fast, we just can't get it to spawn fast enough!

dogg1000
Oct 21, 2007, 11:17 PM
While today I got 80 a few times as for tips i got my own. Party I was in main success reason was the SUV's one CAST would use it at the last buffed Jarba to kill the 2nd set of boxes. then another SUV at 15 secs left. (yes u need 2 casts and this is Parum variation 1) Also i tihnk its impossible to get S on the Ex without 3 gunners spamming 21+ ice xbow or twin guns.

Ryuk_0
Oct 22, 2007, 01:42 AM
well if u party with me u can find lots of rares we would split it in half cause i dont really like playin alone but i can solo parum so eh and get the end boxes with 20 seconds to spare on the timer so if u looking to party and u can be trusted and dont care about simple hacks that cant really do much then u welcome to join me

BTDEEZ
Oct 22, 2007, 06:41 AM
are you playing on the xbox cause i'l join u

CelestialBlade
Oct 22, 2007, 07:24 AM
Me and my friends average 75-79, it seems. Just have to keep trying and hope for a little luck.

Sometimes the difference maker is in how fast you can open the boxes.

TranceZiggy
Oct 22, 2007, 07:44 AM
On 2007-10-22 05:24, Typheros wrote:
Me and my friends average 75-79, it seems. Just have to keep trying and hope for a little luck.

Yeah, thats exactly it.. The boxes seem to waste alot of time if you're slow with them. Best I got was 77..

haruna
Oct 22, 2007, 06:06 PM
Compiling tips by mission here:
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=156770&forum=22&1

I'm seeking tips for the Kog Nadd bonus mission. I'm gonna mess with Barada Chamga tonight.

Neith
Oct 22, 2007, 08:36 PM
On 2007-10-22 05:24, Typheros wrote:

What doesn't help is when as a fF, I pull out my handgun to open the boxes faster, and am greeted by a 1-second lag where I can't shoot. It wastes time >_>

Me and my team have been trying to complete the Polavohra map, with no success yet. We've tried using 2 fTs, 1fG and 1fF, and we've tried 3 fT's and a fF, and always come up with about 73-74 kills.

I'm just glad it's not like PSO, where the 'pick up item' button was the same as your central attack button.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2007-10-22 18:37 ]</font>

DaRkWoLf30
Oct 23, 2007, 06:42 AM
I had 2 level 100 fTs and a level 91 fG and a level 95 fF and on EX mission 2 for Parum we finished it.

Starlet
Oct 23, 2007, 11:51 AM
Here's a tip. We did it with one 90's two 80s, & one 70 lv chrs on Parum EX 2nd mission:

We fought close together, & we all used mates (even though there were 2 FT). No one casted resta. And we were picky on picking stuff.

In my previous parties, all I did was cast resta & attack spells (gidiga). We were in the middle, so the enemies can come to us, & I could cast resta, so they could just focus on attackes. With even just ok party, we would normally get around 70. Unless the party was bad.

I don't think high lvs are that of a requirement ( I think we were 92, 85, 80 (me) & 75 and some had poor equips). But being a good player (teamwork, good usage of PA skills ) is a must. Decent equips are good too, I guess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

SolomonGrundy
Oct 23, 2007, 01:11 PM
2 fortefighers, and 2 techers seems to be the best fit.

the fortechers spam gidiga and with a har-quick, positioned so that when the boxes spawn, they will break them all with one cast. The fortefighters have the most luck with a cheap (pp wise), high area of effect, high accuracy PAs, like Buten, renkai, or gravity strike. I use Buten

if you are using a one handed weapon, do not place a pistol alongside it, that way you can use a photon charge quickly.

for the kog nad, 2 fT, 1 fG, and 1 fortefighter. forces in the middle, wearing high light% armor, throwing rabarta. Fortefighter uses spear, or sword to take down kog nads quickly, then uses super fast single target PAs (the Bogga Robado) to take down the vandas 1 at a time. The fG uses rifle to take down vandas, and depending on level, will pitch in with melee to take out the 'nads - I've seenthe best results with gravity strike on the fG saber, right as the kog nad spawns.

Chaobo99
Oct 24, 2007, 09:11 AM
From personal expierence...for me its quick unit+gi-spell or xbows..for fighters I hear Robado is the stuff cause it hits all..

Kion
Oct 24, 2007, 01:03 PM
On 2007-10-23 09:51, Starlet wrote:
In my previous parties, all I did was cast resta & attack spells (gidiga). We were in the middle, so the enemies can come to us, & I could cast resta, so they could just focus on attackes. With even just ok party, we would normally get around 70. Unless the party was bad.

this is really good advice. the farthest i ever got was soloing on C and it was much easier as the enemies came right to me, so there was almost no point where i was wasting time running around. It might be worth doing on a lower level in a party to see if any strategies develope.

You could have a FT in the center spamming megiverse to draw aggro and then three players around them in the center to kill anything that comes close, or each person take a side to kill enemies as soon as they spawn.

also for gunners, i'd like to toss in the charm shotgun PA. With the wide spread and SE 4 it's easy to grab the attention of several mobs, so they stay in a very close proximity. The gun itself does over 1k damage if all hits and and it's really easy with all of the enemies running right at you.

Umberger
Oct 24, 2007, 01:58 PM
On 2007-10-24 11:03, Kion wrote:

You could have a FT in the center spamming megiverse to draw aggro and then three players around them in the center to kill anything that comes close, or each person take a side to kill enemies as soon as they spawn.

Uh...if you all are standing in the center, there's no need to "draw aggro"...the monsters come right to you. Spamming level 21+ Gi- TECHs as a Fortetecher is the way to go.