PDA

View Full Version : 1up Ex Missions: Fortegunner weapons

RufuSwho
Oct 23, 2007, 10:29 AM
Jarba/Badira EX:
use the ice machine gun!

some will continue to use the rifle or the shotgun but this is simply not as fast

Go Vahra EX:
ground machine gun!

if you are trying to get your SUV up, use the shotgun and take some hits, after it is full switch back to machine gun and wait until just after the boxes are cleared

Cognac/Vandas:
use the ice machine gun! (focus entirely on Vandas)

some will try to use the Boma Duranga to kill the cognac, but the fighters can kill the Cogs alot faster than the shots land; you will end up hitting air
bring a good fortefighter or fighgunner and focus on the vandas while they kill Cogs

Mech guns kill Vandas like magic, you are out of fire-breath range and under the diga range

long live Shotguns! they just don't have the speed potential here that Mech guns do

amtalx
Oct 23, 2007, 11:37 AM
I just bust out my Dus Majarra for the Kog Nadds. Can't wait until we get lvl 20 melee skills...

RufuSwho
Oct 23, 2007, 02:29 PM
hmm intersting, you got a nice dark spear?

level 20 arts will be very nice for certain situations!

Soulvayne
Oct 23, 2007, 07:08 PM
On 2007-10-23 08:29, RufuSwho wrote:
Jarba/Badira EX:
use the ice machine gun!

some will continue to use the rifle or the shotgun but this is simply not as fast

I'm going to have to disagree with you on the Rifle part on an A run a rifle will kill a badira in 3 shots (2 with a high level character and 10 grind Phantom/Line combo) I can concede you might not be able to kill a Jarba as fast with a rifle as a machine gun but again I think its all relative to how fast that person with the rifle can shoot.

Garanz-Baranz
Oct 23, 2007, 10:51 PM
<.<

As a Fortegunner, I carry two of every weapon I use, but 3 of the Laser Cannon due to the fact that I use Degahna Cannon's High PP for Mayalee Prism Only, and my other Laser Cannons for the initial PA's used.

For Ex missions, Shotguns are awsome, noting that a high Shifta can make even a Lv11-20 Shotgun PA be supremely powerful, I use Shots on most mobs sence one, it's good on cover fire, two, it's the best damaging weapon on Fortegunner, and three, it's the greatest "Tagging" weapon in game.

<.< Rifles can do good, it's just that it's slow one on one verses Shotgun.

Mechguns aren my style, Holding a Trigger isn't my perfered play style, i use press and shoot guns.

Laser Cannons are about as useful as Rifles on Ex.

and Grenaders, hell, Grenaders are only good on two things, Dragon Bosses, and Dulk Fakis's first form.

If Anyone thinks Grenaders pawn, use Mayalee Prism, and then play Halo 2-3 and use the Brute Shot grenade launcher. come again?

Grenaders MUST be modified to be even USEFUL outside of bosses. Grenaders with Diga's arc and the ability to explode on enemy contact, NOT TERRAIN CONTACT, would improve it's performance greatly, making it's PP cost WORTH it's use.

amtalx
Oct 24, 2007, 08:32 AM
Grenade Launchers are still usefull outside of bosses. I use them to pin Med mobs if they spawn near a wall or corner so fighters can go berserk with PAs. There are only a handful of spawns where this is useful but its still nice.

RufuSwho
Oct 24, 2007, 08:57 AM
For the rifle lovers (me included), last night we had 4x fortegunners with 30 ice rifle and we actually finished the EX mission on A.
We stood in the 4 corners.

the 3rd set of boxes didn't have ALL rares, but we ended up with all the usuals
[b] halarod, [b] stormline. magical wand, etc.

machine guns may be very good, but 4x rifles ftw!

Randomness
Oct 24, 2007, 06:05 PM
XBows are also supposed to be very effective in the EX missions.

haruna
Oct 24, 2007, 06:23 PM
Crossbows are freaking ownage on EX missions, provided you've leveled the bullets to 21.

3 hits, ignore defense, level 3 status effect, high % element and now the Cubo/Rabol Dunga set. Plus it's easy to smack something with all 3 hits when point-blanking enemies.

Siertes
Oct 24, 2007, 09:45 PM
On 2007-10-24 06:57, RufuSwho wrote:
For the rifle lovers (me included), last night we had 4x fortegunners with 30 ice rifle and we actually finished the EX mission on A.
We stood in the 4 corners.

the 3rd set of boxes didn't have ALL rares, but we ended up with all the usuals
[b] halarod, [b] stormline. magical wand, etc.

machine guns may be very good, but 4x rifles ftw!

I thank you for this strategy! On our first attempt using it (Three fG and one fT) we finished the Jarba EX mission with 11 seconds to spare and the second time went just as well. I got too caught up in xbow fever to even think of this lol.

RufuSwho
Oct 25, 2007, 10:38 AM
awesome, getting some serious loot!