PDA

View Full Version : I hate being a purplenum

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 04:21 PM
I never find anything good while playing offline.
Im a level 119 HUcaseal and all I ever find is material and rare mechguns. Other than that this ID sucks.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 1, 2003, 04:33 PM
You're a HUcaseal...

You're a HUnter that has high ATA...

You find Mechguns - a weapon with Low ATA but high Damage potential...

At the moment, I'd love to be a HUcaseal, since you can find KASAMI BRACER easier than most.

Besides, you also find your share of daggers.

Jae
Jan 1, 2003, 04:36 PM
If you bank's full, you can always give any and all rare mechs with hit% to me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 04:39 PM
The only daggers I find are Bloody Art. Even in Ultimate mode i found rare mechguns. Since all I find is mechguns I cant get past Ultimate caves.

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 04:42 PM
Jae, if i could get online you could have all of them. Thats how fed up I am with finding them. ^_^

rena-ko
Jan 1, 2003, 04:45 PM
well then start another chara and let them find good stuff for each other http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
with offline multiplayer this is as easy as eating cake compared to how it was/is with the dreamcast-version where you HAD to go online to move good items from one chara to another...

Reenee
Jan 1, 2003, 04:48 PM
If it'll help ya, go find a Love Rappy in Hard Mode and smack them for a pair of TWIN PSYCHOGUNS.

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 04:49 PM
I have them but only rangers can use them.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 1, 2003, 04:51 PM
Eh? You sure? I could have sworn that I saw a HUmar use them once...

I think HUmar/HUnewearl & RAmar/RAmarl can use them. (In other words, the non-android HU & RA...)

Jae
Jan 1, 2003, 04:52 PM
Hehe thanks Trt. If you could get online, I'd give you a LOT of Cross Scars with some pretty nice percentages (including one with 20%hit) for ALL your mechs. I'm a mechgun fanatic. My 50% hit gatlings own, but I'd much rather have some Psychoguns with hit%. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rena-ko has a good idea. My friend has a Redria and Skyly buddy system and that worked out like a dream.

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 04:52 PM
yeah im pretty sure my hunter cant use them.

Jae
Jan 1, 2003, 04:53 PM
Strange, I swear I saw Ghen from these boards use the Psychoguns once. He's a HUcast.

*edit* Darn, I forgot he has a HUmar too. Now I'm confused. *scratches head*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jae on 2003-01-01 13:56 ]</font>

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 04:54 PM
I have been looking for cross scar on ultimate but no luck. But hey thanks for the offer damn AOL broadband wouldnt work with the adapter for the gamecube.

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 04:56 PM
Maybe female Hunters cant use TWIN PSYCHOGUNS.

Jae
Jan 1, 2003, 05:03 PM
On 2003-01-01 13:56, Trt499 wrote:
Maybe female Hunters cant use TWIN PSYCHOGUNS.

Don't say that! You'll crush all my aspirations and dreams! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Much like how I felt when I heard HUnewearls can't use Red Mechs. =|

Forget the Cross Scars. Go for the S-Reds! You HUcaseal will love the Shifta/Deband special on those babies.

As for the AOL thing, Tavia wrote a pretty comprehensive guide to getting online. It looks complicated, but it might be worth it if you're really dying to get online:

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37273&forum=3&0

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 05:05 PM
Ok thanks.

Gartywood
Jan 1, 2003, 05:06 PM
I'm sorry about the AOL broadband thing crappy service costs the most and you have to use aol hardware. Your best bet on finding weps is making new characters and playing through the game. You'll know pretty quickly who's going to find what and you'll be surprised by what you find. I've got 7 characters now all with different IDs and i just keep rotating who i play with

Siegfried
Jan 1, 2003, 05:06 PM
On the contrary(in reference to the topic title), I adore my purplenum id. I have no problems with it. Whilst the name is laughable (heh heh, purple+num) I have had it as my main section since dc. Johnny Blue RAmar, Siegfried RAmar, Charlotte HUnny (//00+, just made her, awesome). I think you might just have the wrong class for the ID.

:unknown smiley:

Trt499
Jan 1, 2003, 05:16 PM
I have many different chars

RAmar Lv. 42
FOnewm Lv 68
FOmar Lv. 23

But i havnt found anything that could be useful to my hunter just yet.

dude3282
Jan 1, 2003, 07:21 PM
For the record:
Twin Psychoguns can be used by non-androids and non-forces. Humar, Hunewearl, Ramar, and Ramarl can all use them. The required ATA is 180, their ATP is 40, and ATA is 23. I have a couple obtained through telepiping in Hard Temple, but none of them have hit percentages (5/0/0/0 and 0/0/15/0). I'm still looking, though.

BTW: I've never seen these things used, but I heard from the DC version that they look really cool. I wish my Fomar could use them http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2003-01-01 16:22 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Jan 2, 2003, 01:09 AM
The Twin Psychoguns only have an ATA requirement of 100 in E1&2. I'd use my pair if it had a hit bonus. But I can use it with my HUnewearl if I choose to.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand...

I love Purplenum. Mechguns have the highest overall damage potential given the ATA to hit. Purplenum also gets some nice finds like common special daggers, Red Handguns, Sacred Cloths, and more. Personally, It's been one of my favorite IDs since the beginning of PSO and it continues to get my adoration even now.

GandorDurin
Jan 2, 2003, 01:56 AM
The twin phychoguns look cool indeed, they're pretty huge and shoot green blasts. They also have a seemingly pointless special attack that shoots out a big (compared to the normal shots anyway) green ball, but it only does as much damage as a power hit. Seems worthless but maybe it has some hidden potential.

BrokenHope
Jan 2, 2003, 08:57 AM
Purplenums Ultimate mode rares list:

EPISODE 1

Ultimate Forest:

Bartle - L&K14 Combat
Barble - Inferno Bazooka
Tollaw - Lavis Cannon
El Rappy - Red Handgun
Pal Rappy - Sacred Cloth
Mothvert - Cross Scar
Gulgus - L&K14 Combat
Gulgus-gue - God/Arm
Hidelt - Elysion
Hildetorr - Frozen Sh00ter

Sil Dragon - L&K14 Combat

Ultimate Caves

Vulmer - Silence Claw
Govulmer - Guilty Light
Melqueek - Branch of Paku Paku
Ob Lily - L&K14 Combat
Mil Lily - Psycho Wand
Crimson Assassin - Smoking Plate
Nano Dragon - Purplenum Card
Blue Slime - Stag Cutlery
Red Slime - Red Scorpio
Pan Arms - Red Daggers
Hidoom - L&K14 Combat
Migium - God/Mind

Dal Ral Lie - Cross Scar

Ultimate Mines

Gilchich - Flowen's Sword (AUW 3073)
Dubchic - HP/Revival
Canabin - Kasami Bracer
Canune - Yasminkov 9000M
Sinow Blue - Magic Rock "moola"
Sinow Red - Syncesta
Baranz - Baranz Parts

Vol Opt ver.2 - Ruby Bullet

Ultimate Ruins

Arlan - Guardianna
Merlan - Spread Needle
Del-D - Red Mechguns
Delsaber - Delsaber's Left Arm
Claw - Mahu
Bulclaw - DF Field
Indi Belra - Belra's Right Arm
Dark Gunner - Sacred Guard
Gran Sorceror - Book of Hitogata
Dark Bringer - Bringer's Right Arm

Dark Falz - no item drop

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EPISODE 2

Ultimate Temple

Arlan - Cross Scar
Merlan - Anti-Android Rifle
Del-D - Spirit Garment
El Rappy - Suppressed Gun
Love Rappy - God/Luck
Ob Lily - L&K14 Combat
Mil Lily - Windmill
Mothvert - L&K14 Combat
Hidelt - Kamui
Hildetorr - Rabbit Wand
Crimson Assassin - Yasminkov 9000M
Indi Belra - Silence Claw

Barba Ray - L&K14 Combat

Ultimate Spaceship

Gilchich - L&K14 Combat
Dubchic - L&K14 Combat
Gulgus - L&K14 Combat
Gulgus-gue - God/Legs
Pan Arms - Sting Tip
Hidoom - Magic Rock "moola"
Migium - Yasminkov 2000H
Gran Sorceror - Psycho Wand
Delsaber - Agito (AUW 1980)
Baranz - Panzerfaust

Gol Dragon - Maser Beam

Ultimate Central Control Area (Gal Da Val)

Merillia - Cross Scar
Meritas - Attribute Wall
Mericarol - Heaven's Punisher
Ul Gibbon - Cross Scar
Zol Gibbon - Agito (AUW 1983)
Gibbles - God/Ability
Gee - L&K14 Combat
Gi-Gue - Gi-Gue's Body
Sinow Berrill - Sinow Berrill's Arms
Sinow Spigell - Custom Barrier ver.00

Gal Griffon - Gal Griffon's Wing

Ultimate Seabed

Dolmolm - L&K14 Combat
Dolmdari - DB's Sword (AUW 3067)
Recon - L&K14 Combat
Sinow Zoa - Agito (AUW 1991)
Sinow Zele - Yasminkov 7000V
Morfos - Tripolic Shield
Deldepth - Electro Frame
Delbiter - Sigh of a God

Olga Flow - no item drop documented

Not what i would call particularly bad...

Metal_Gear
Jan 2, 2003, 11:22 AM
Er...where did you get that info?

Anyway, my main character was Purplenum. I wouldn't say it's a bad ID. I think they balanced them all out really. Maybe it's just my imagination, but Purplenum seems to find tons of materials and grinders. Of course we all know they found mechguns and daggers out the wazoo as well.

I just wanted something new, so when I made my character over again (..don't ask why) I made him a Bluefull. I think you'll find that if you get a new ID, it will be about the same except you'll get tons of different kinds of rares.

BrokenHope
Jan 2, 2003, 06:05 PM
On 2003-01-02 08:22, Metal_Gear wrote:
Er...where did you get that info?

Anyway, my main character was Purplenum. I wouldn't say it's a bad ID. I think they balanced them all out really. Maybe it's just my imagination, but Purplenum seems to find tons of materials and grinders. Of course we all know they found mechguns and daggers out the wazoo as well.

I just wanted something new, so when I made my character over again (..don't ask why) I made him a Bluefull. I think you'll find that if you get a new ID, it will be about the same except you'll get tons of different kinds of rares.

Someone at the IGN boards translated this site http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?lp=ja_en&url=http%3A%2F%2Flink.mods.jp%2Fpso%2Fitem%2Fid%2F index.html From what i've found myself, friends have found etc it seems accurite.