PDA

View Full Version : 1up cup, reaching the final set of boxes in EX

RufuSwho
Oct 24, 2007, 09:02 AM
Finally!

We made it to the final box spawn last night by using 4x fortegunners with lvl 30 ice rifles. Two of us had solid / power.

The final boxes had all the typical rares.
[b] Halarod
[b] Stormline
Magical Wand
(dunno the others, didn't drop to me)

We did this a couple times and it really works better than any other group strategy i've tried.

Ice Rifle ftw!

Chaobo99
Oct 24, 2007, 09:05 AM
we made it alot with all techers using gi-spells in different positions where everything would be hit in both moatoob and parum EX 1

anyways...congrats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chaobo99 on 2007-10-24 07:05 ]</font>

RufuSwho
Oct 24, 2007, 09:08 AM
nice 4x techers! sounds like fun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

thanks, and grats to you as well

danny_o
Oct 25, 2007, 10:15 AM
Hmm, I think Card/Xbow bullets are quite effective as well. I tried using Megiverse, but it takes way to long to start doing damage. You will have those stupid Badira jumping on you before you can hit them. Man, I never got any of the Gi-TECHs, maybe I should hop to it... They seem easy enough to raise. Hell, I could do scads of C runs on Parum so I can grind my Gi-s up while still raking in the dough...

Now, I just need to figure out which bullets/TECHs to drop...

Oh, also, do you get more time to mop up the items if you get through the last wave? I heard something to that effect from an unreliable source...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: danny_o on 2007-10-25 08:17 ]</font>

RufuSwho
Oct 25, 2007, 10:31 AM
Yes, when you reach the last set of boxes you get about 30 extra seconds to pick things up.

BEWARE: items will dissapear if left on the ground too long, so you need to run and grab a [b] if you see one during the first part

We have finished the A run quite a few time now; in some cases the boxes don't have anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Then, sometimes, the boxes hold ALL the rares for the area. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

We even finished one that had rappy during the EX mission.

3x SUV ftw!

RufuSwho
Oct 25, 2007, 10:33 AM
Quick note: if you finish the last mobs after the Trial Complete message, then the boxes will spawn but you will not get the extra time.

You have to kill the last mob by 00:01 to get the extra time.

Luffia
Oct 25, 2007, 06:04 PM
Maybe Im just having really sucky luck, but I've only gotten the parum and moatoob end EX boxes once... Are there any decent ways to do this as a fortetecher? I've heard about 4 fortetechers spamming Gi techs and megiverse but when i tried both of those tactics, they both failed~ Then again, they all had crap like Me / Concentrade, Gi / Magic, and 7* wands/rods, to go along with their lvl 1-11 techs at 100... Wish ppl would take the time to lvl their techs rather then speed lvl off this event

Randomness
Oct 25, 2007, 07:00 PM
Well, I've gotten into the last 10 enemies on Moatoob 1 spamming level 3 gizonde off a 7* wand. At 75, and without any /quick. Of course, I was pretty much the lowest level there, and there was another techer spamming a higher-tier gizonde, but after him, I think the other two were some kind of hunter and some kind of ranger. Honestly, from what I've read, ranger- and force-types should just spam out whatever gets the most hits on enemies in the shortest amount of time. Oh, and forget fortefighters, fighgunners get xbows!

Garanz-Baranz
Oct 25, 2007, 11:25 PM
On 2007-10-25 17:00, Randomness wrote: Honestly, from what I've read, ranger- and force-types should just spam out whatever gets the most hits on enemies in the shortest amount of time. Oh, and forget fortefighters, fighgunners get xbows!

; ; that's not funny... Fortefighters deserve some respect...

ZodiacNKnight
Oct 26, 2007, 12:52 AM
On 2007-10-25 17:00, Randomness wrote:
Well, I've gotten into the last 10 enemies on Moatoob 1 spamming level 3 gizonde off a 7* wand. At 75, and without any /quick. Of course, I was pretty much the lowest level there, and there was another techer spamming a higher-tier gizonde, but after him, I think the other two were some kind of hunter and some kind of ranger. Honestly, from what I've read, ranger- and force-types should just spam out whatever gets the most hits on enemies in the shortest amount of time. Oh, and forget fortefighters, fighgunners get xbows!

Well from what I have learned from exerience through playing as and along with three other Fortefighters was finishing EX Moatoob A 16 times and earning three orpad guards for our group...
I wouldn't discredit fortefighters. Techers cast rates can't even compare to four LV11+ ultimate spear PA's with counter elements.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ZodiacNKnight on 2007-10-25 22:58 ]</font>

Chaobo99
Oct 27, 2007, 04:07 PM
I forgot to mention all of our techers had a quick-based unit...and a fighter in a party REALLY helps..they keep the mobs away from you..and in most cases they just kill faster with good % weaponry.
If you strategize correctly almost everything is possible :]..(I only used megiverse as a box opener. In a party..or at least an all techer party..its pointless....it PHA1L5 XD)
When your near the ending, SUV's help greatly..To get to the end is admitably fairly hard to do..However,the neudiaz one is fairly easy to get to the end (^.^)/

ShadowHado
Oct 27, 2007, 04:13 PM
As a Fortegunner I was able to get 80 kills solo on the C-Rank EX missions. Just pick a corner, take out your rifle and go to town lol. I just sit in the same spot and use 1st Person mode to snipe them as the spawn. Another FG and I were able to finish the B Missions as well, and recently on A-Rank "Brilliance EX Mission" we made it to 72.

Rifles ftw.

Randomness
Oct 27, 2007, 09:08 PM
Well, for Neudaiz EX 2, just have everyone bring a fire spear, and Dus Majjara the mobs into oblivion. Very fast. Also, make sure to have a cast use Sturm Buster/Attacker after you break the second set of boxes.

Sami
Oct 28, 2007, 06:45 AM
Grats http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sami on 2007-10-28 04:46 ]</font>