PDA

View Full Version : So how about those SEs?

Bitey
Oct 24, 2007, 11:44 AM
If you look on the Japanese PSU Wiki you will find that Killer Shot for the Rifle goes up in PP usage at lvl 31+ but does not go up in SE level. Now, we could assume that this extra PP cost is due to the extra damage modifier, but in argument Yak Zagenga does not go up in PP usage or SE level as well at lvl 31+ and yet it has to go up in ATP modifier.

What is with this unfair treatment? What is so special about Killer shot passed level 30 that sets it apart from Yak Zagenga enough where it deserves a PP usage increase while Yak Zagenga does not.

Well, I believe it has something to do with SE application. The only difference between Killer Shot and Yak Zagenga that I see is that Incapacitate does not land on the foes 100% of the time but HP Charge is always in effect before the bullet even makes contact with the foe. So is it possible that higher bullet levels in Killer Shot may impact that difference?

What do you think? Is it quite possible that higher bullet levels may also contribute something towards SEs piercing enemy STA? This would not be the first hidden stat to exist. Discuss.

(Please do not bring up Nosmegid. Nosmegid is different from Yak Zagenga because it gets a Range and AoE boost at lvl 31+ compared to lvl 21+)

HFlowen
Oct 24, 2007, 12:04 PM
Accuracy.

CelestialBlade
Oct 24, 2007, 12:05 PM
I really, really hope they're not going to justify an increase in Killer Shot PP usage because of a slightly higher ATP mod. That would be the dumbest thing ever. I do hope it somehow procs more often.

Considering Killer Shot and Yak Zagenga are the only two Ultimate Bullet PAs I own, this interests me....

amtalx
Oct 24, 2007, 12:39 PM
Nope. We get boned. Hybrids got the biggest slice of the AoI update. fGs and to a certain extent fTs got a piece of humble pie for AoI. I don't know about the ultimates, but almost none (two I think) of the elemental bullets gain ATA after 31+.

panzer_unit
Oct 24, 2007, 12:40 PM
As if Fortegunners need more ATA lol

EDIT: Barada Maga also got bumped up a SE level, anyone with access to shotguns can deal 20% ATA/EVP down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2007-10-24 10:41 ]</font>

amtalx
Oct 24, 2007, 12:45 PM
Hey, we miss too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That 62% ATA mod on Grenade Launchers makes me weep.

MT7218
Oct 24, 2007, 12:47 PM
On 2007-10-24 10:05, Typheros wrote:
I really, really hope they're not going to justify an increase in Killer Shot PP usage because of a slightly higher ATP mod. That would be the dumbest thing ever. I do hope it somehow procs more often.

Considering Killer Shot and Yak Zagenga are the only two Ultimate Bullet PAs I own, this interests me....

Man, I hope your right. It better like, get a HUGE acc. mod increase going through 31-40, or otherwise it's just more PP used per bullet for no real reason, as KS uses a ton of PP per shot it as is. And Rifles in general seem to be effected by 31+ negativly as well with the PP per shot increase. Better ele% and ATP really don't mean much on Rifles as other weapons outdo them in damage: For Guntechers, as they are the only class that can use them as well as able to use Rifles, Bows have better long range damage with a higher ele %, having better stats than Rifles (Phantomline combo not counting, as not everyone has a Phantomline due to it's drop-only nature, or that some don't want Phantomlines for other reasons), have DFP piercing, as well as the same SE as rifles, for a slower startup and a barely slower continous firing rate than Rifles. For both Fortegunner and Guntecher, Twinnies outdo them both for an FP aimable weapon, and Crossbow outdoes all three if you PB a lot. That really leaves Rifles with only one real use, to apply SEs onto the big enemies the fastest. And getting an increase to PP cost per bullet for an effect that is effectivly useless to the weapon's nature is stupid. And there isn't really anything we can do to stop them from hitting 31+ outside of outright stop using them or erasing them at lv30, and re-learning them at lv1, forcing us to relevel them to 21 agian.

panzer_unit
Oct 24, 2007, 03:47 PM
On 2007-10-24 10:45, amtalx wrote:
Hey, we miss too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

That 62% ATA mod on Grenade Launchers makes me weep.

Uh huh. Sure it does. Try it as a Protranser.

Golto
Oct 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
The only elemental bullets that gain ata 31-40 are twin handguns but at a cost of 1% atp gain per lvl.

I wish there was a pa lvl lock you could enable. There is no point in KS 31+ for FtG. +15% to ata from lvl 40 over lvl 30 doesn't really matter to a FtG.