PDA

View Full Version : PSOBB: My keyboard won't work and I've tried lots of stuff!!

Canada
Oct 24, 2007, 05:05 PM
Ok so I'm new to this/ when I downloaded Blue Burst my keyboard wouldn't work except for the arrows/enter/and esc buttons! So I searched around and found this on another fourm:[quote]

Unable to type at Login Screen or in game
Possible issue: Supplemental Language Support is Enabled
Some users have reported that they are unable to type when playing PSO BB. This problem is related to Supplemental Language Support within the user's OS. Please go into the
Windows control panel / regional and language options / languages tab /
and uncheck all the boxes in the supplemental language support section. Then reboot and you'll be able to type.

Thanks to Sappharad, an alternative solution is available:
1. Go to Regional and Language Options, go to the Languages tab, click Details under Text services and input languages.
2. Add Japanese as an input language. You can also disable the language bar here if you don't want to see it.
3. Start PSO BB in Windowed mode. Get to the username input box, and press the left Alt and shift keys at the same time. (This Shortcut can be changed).
4. Some Japanese text will appear to the left of the input userID box, and you'll be able to type in your username and password. (Remember, this ONLY works in Windowed mode)
5. If you have saved username and password turned on in PSO BB options, you'll never have to do this again, and you can then remove Japanese language input from the same place you added it. (Typing in game SHOULD work fine, so if you want to turn off window mode after saving your user/pass, you can).

Ok so I tried the Supplemental Language thing and the boxes were already unchecked-- then onto adding Japanese as a language and when I tried to add it there wasn't even Japanese to choose!(or chinese if that helps too) Does anyone know if there's someting that I can do?? Mabey this isn't even the problem and i need to do something else! Can anyone help?! I really want to play Blue Burst (if it helps i've tried window and full screen mode and that dosen't change anyting)

Freeze
Oct 24, 2007, 05:18 PM
I had this probplem at first too. Instead of trying to login in I first chose the download patch option to get the latest patch. After that my keyboard worked fine.

Canada
Oct 24, 2007, 05:27 PM
Hey Thanks! It's working now. Last time I tried the patch it ruined something and there was an error and wouldn't open the game again so i uninstalled the game and was hesitant this time/ but it works fine now! Thanks

Freeze
Oct 24, 2007, 05:37 PM
Glad to help but next time something like this should be posted in tec suport.

Canada
Oct 24, 2007, 06:02 PM
ooh- oops ok i will