PDA

View Full Version : Bah, my mic is screwed. Need advice.

imtehlueser
Oct 24, 2007, 09:49 PM
The tip of the part tat plugs into the controller broke off somehow. Now no one can hear me when I speak, and it has to be my headset because I tested it out by recording a xboxlive voice message, and I couldn't hear it on playback. I can hear others though, though some I can't. But still, typing everything out is hell. So, being that I need a new mic, what would be the best choice? It has to be cheap though, because money is kinda tight right now >_> Even then I might not be able to get it too soon.

omegapirate2k
Oct 24, 2007, 09:54 PM
If you play the 360 version like I think you do, then theres not much you can do other than go out and by another mic, the wireless ones won't break, but they're not as reliable, run on rechargable batteries, and have lower quality, and are more expensive. The wired ones break fairly easy, but are quite cheap.

I'd recommend a wired one, but thats just me.

imtehlueser
Oct 24, 2007, 09:57 PM
Are there any wired headsets that are particularly better than most?

Turb0
Oct 24, 2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah just go with another MS one. I'm on my 3rd 360 mic but they're only $20 IIRC compared to like $60 for a wireless. One of my friends broke a wireless too, so they're not exactly unbreakable.

beatrixkiddo
Oct 24, 2007, 10:01 PM
Play PC!

imtehlueser
Oct 24, 2007, 10:03 PM
My pc can't handle anything good or graphically intensive. It can barely handle free mmos.
And plus, I don't want to deal with the pc economy >_>