PDA

View Full Version : FanFic: Mole day Chapter one

ColonelPiFace
Oct 25, 2007, 03:31 PM
lol this is a fan fic that started as a bonus project for chemistry(note the whole mole thing. i carried it away, though.

--------------------------

Chapter One
[Starting boot-up]
[Sensor connect failed, retrying…]
[Connection applied]
[Internal clock failure, rebooting]
[Success, 325.5 beats]
“Dusk!” I shouted.
“…” No reply...Unless the monitor is wrong.
[System failure] The monitor shut off...
“Lago,” came a voice from the hall.
Maybe I should explain what is going on. My name is Lago, and I am a junior professor, “Jr. Prof. Lago” for legal purposes.
Dusk is an android friend of mine. We are both registered at the hunters guild-He’s a Hucast, I’m a Fomar. But right now his systems are down. And they won’t go back up. I was down in the mines, a very high tech region overrun with out of control robots, yesterday, when I found Dusk on the ground. I sent a message on my BEE, a messaging system for hunters, to Sparkblade, another cast. Together we carried Dusk back to the hospital. I’ve been here trying to get his systems to boot ever since. So far this test was the farthest I’ve gotten.
“Lago!”
“Withros? Why are you here?” Withros is a Ramar who works for the principal a lot.
“I’ve found out what the problem is...”
“What!?” My heart raced as I thought of the possibilities.
“We’ve dubbed it the Mole Virus,”
“Why the “Mole” virus?”
“It causes the sensor array in casts to pick up 6.02*1023 different senses at the same time, overriding their systems. About three others have it so far,”
“So why are you here?”
“We need to stop the virus at the source…”
“Let me guess, Dark Falz”
“Yes...but the gate to the ruins has been re-closed. We need a team to go reopen the gate.”
“So you want me...who else is going?”
“So far, we’ve got you, Sparkblade, and me.”
“So we need one more person…”
“Yes, but we need to go to the mines. I already got the tower in the forests, and Sparkblade got the one in the caves.”
“But why is a four person team needed?”
“Two reasons: 1) Incase something happens to Sparkblade, as he is a cast too. And 2) Because there is a doubled amount of irrational robots; therefore, the military has guards stationed there.”
“Well, I know the perfect person.”

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ColonelPiFace on 2007-10-25 13:32 ]</font>