PDA

View Full Version : Weapons/PAs for Newman WT

Randomness
Oct 25, 2007, 04:02 PM
To start, I'm a level 76 Newman M WT 10.

The only PAs I'm unconfortable with are frag ones because I dont have many frags.

I'm currently using claws, for ATP, but am considering going back to daggers, especially in place of twin claws.

What I want to know is, how do the weapons compare in the end? Currently, my PAs for all four are second-tier. The daggers are both the original PAs, I have Renzan Seidan-ga and Shousen Totsugen-ga for claws. Right now, I want to be able to decide what to go with, and what to abandon in favor of something else.

Also, as a final note, how do Dus Daggas and Dus Majerra compare in usefulness, damage, speed of leveling, etc.?

LTrav2k
Oct 25, 2007, 07:01 PM
Dus Majarra wins hands down for spear. It's tons more damage, and the accuracy isn't that far off considering you can buff your own/debuff the mob. Plus it levels extremely fast, so maybe about 3 days of casual play and you're done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Wartecher wise, you get a nice benefit from Spinning strike. Even though it's single target, the numbers it produces for you will be wonderful even as a newman... plus it improves in accuracy as it levels http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif So I'd actually recommend saber to help out since newman atp is a bit lower to begin with.

SolomonGrundy
Oct 26, 2007, 01:33 AM
I wrote a guide for newman WTs.

To answer your questions: because newman ATP is low, as is thier skill cap, your melee damage will be on the low side. Your tech damage will be excellent, but techs are slow damagers.

Recommended: Spears - the high ATP makes these very important weapons. Majarra (though silly looking, has a good damage modifier).

Sabers: the old standby, rising strike...probaby the best juggler for a newman WT

Dagger: your only usable S ranks, EXPECIALLY once AoI hits. (twin daggers will really suffer).

The second single claw PA is VERY fast. if you can find a good element% the 9& is worth it. And the 8% one comes with 35% dark form the shop, AND gets a set bonus with Ga-senba

I do like twin claws. The first PA has a fairly rare 1st and 2nd combo that is 3x2 (3 enemies, 2 hits). Its expensive, but twin claws have decent pp. The second twin claw piles on the attacks vs a single target. and it's cheaaper, pp wise.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolomonGrundy on 2007-10-25 23:38 ]</font>

Nyreal
Oct 26, 2007, 02:34 AM
I'd also recommend Madoogs and Shadoogs when they come out, if for nothing but convenience.

Randomness
Oct 26, 2007, 06:35 AM
On 2007-10-26 00:34, Nyreal wrote:
I'd also recommend Madoogs and Shadoogs when they come out, if for nothing but convenience.

Madoogs go without saying, that adds another 8 techs onto my palette, only one of which will be resta. (Paired with single claw/dagger)

Shadoogs, I'm not so sure about, I think I'd rather have techs.