PDA

View Full Version : AoI newman

lee-san
Oct 26, 2007, 02:43 PM
Ok so i want to make a newman on aoi for online mode, but i've never played online. so i was hoping a couple of people could give me some tips of how to play as an online newman that won't piss people off.

i've played pso online and its very similar but there is also a big difference in style and strategy.

thnks for the help

razkal
Oct 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
From psupedia with edits:

Newmans are very similar to humans. The only notable difference is that Newmans have elongated ears which can be raised three different ways within a 90-degree radius.
Racial Strengths and Weaknesses
Strengths

* They excel in Technique Attack Power. They have an affinity for Techniques. They are the most obvious racial choice for Forces.
* Their Accuracy is good, too, making them able Rangers.
* Newmans have a better Technique Defense due to their high MST.
* They have the highest EVP.
* They are able to wield Crea weapons.
* They gain stat bonuses as Force, Fortetecher, Guntecher, and Wartecher types.

Weaknesses

* They are relatively bad Hunters.
* Their Defense is under par compared to Beasts and Casts.
* They have no special racial ability.

General Statistics
HP: D EVP: A
ATP: D END: A
DFP: C TAP: A
ATA: B MST: A

Because Newmans have such high TP I recommend a job that makes use of it. Guntecher, Wartecher, Acrofighter, Acrotecher or Fortetecher would be great chioces. Find out what you like and have fun with it.

Pillan
Oct 26, 2007, 04:32 PM
Well, as is stated above, they have the highest TP, MST, and EVP along with the second highest ATA, but the lowest everything else. However, what it doesn’t say is that their TP is significantly higher than anyone else’s and their MST is over double that of the second highest. All the other stat deviations are fairly small in comparison, so you’ll have a much higher output as a hunter or ranger than a Cast or even Beast would as a force, but you do still have the lowest output of the 4 races using anything that requires ATP.

They also get a bonus in the expert classes Fighgunner, Guntecher, Wartecher, and Fortetecher. I don’t know why everyone forgets about FG though.

Basically, regardless of what you do, you won’t suck, but you will be better or worse off compared to other choices. However, that’s true for all the races, as it was for the most part in PSO.

Theoderic
Oct 26, 2007, 05:22 PM
I don't think Newmans get a boost for Fighgunner. It would make sense that they have a boost for Acrotecher as well, but that isn't true either.

Pillan
Oct 26, 2007, 05:38 PM
On 2007-10-26 15:22, Theoderic wrote:
I don't think Newmans get a boost for Fighgunner. It would make sense that they have a boost for Acrotecher as well, but that isn't true either.

Easiest way to check is make a Newman and compare its stats as a class that it doesn't get a bonus on to FG. Just divide HP on say fF by the HP on FG and then divide the HP mod of fF by that of FG and you'll see that the result is higher than it should be as Newman.

…Either that or just check the JP Wiki…

But, yeah, they didn't do the bonuses to the partial classes in a way that really makes sense. I'd say they have more to do with balancing issues than making a race good.

Theoderic
Oct 26, 2007, 05:42 PM
I agree with that view. I personally feel as though Newmans should have HP regeneration, I guess to go alongside the technique affinity they have. Oh well... Bout to smoke this blunt... got the weekend off and a Me / Quick to find for my bro!

lee-san
Oct 26, 2007, 10:50 PM
thanks everyone. i totally forgot about the special classes. been stuck on offline for to long...