PDA

View Full Version : GC question: FOnewm being subject to SHORT??? when zapped by

Gray4
Jan 1, 2003, 10:41 PM
Heya,

lvl 16 FOnewm here,in the GC version (offline only , no BBA) of the game just got to Vol-Opt. I played PSO on the DC and recall this being an incredibly easy boss fight. But all of a sudden im getting completely owned by Vol Opt's first form.

His lightning strike is unavoidable, after which my dude is left buzzing with the Short symbol next to his info in the upper left-hand corner of the screen, and while in this state I am unable to use any techniques.
And it happens over,and over,and over till i'm out of mates and dead.

I thought only Androids were subject to Short. What the hell? is this new to ep.1&2?

Any non-hacked offline force players out there have any suggestions for this?

LamerPanda
Jan 1, 2003, 10:46 PM
Yeah, in the GC version he can short out anyone...

The only suggestion I really have is to bring piles of mates and scape dolls, or something to prevent short if you have it.

MajinSSJVegetto
Jan 1, 2003, 11:19 PM
its called a Sol Atomizer.

Cures poison, paralysis, shock, slow, confuse.

only 300 meseta each, so just keep 10 with you at all times. Especially when you are going to vol opt.

Eden
Jan 1, 2003, 11:24 PM
Make sure to knock out the thing up on top as soon as you can to prevent him from casting gizonde

Muku6
Jan 1, 2003, 11:25 PM
Personally, the addition to this was a shock for me too, since I was unacustomed to being shocked and temporarily paralyzed. An unhappy sight indeed. I personally think it was a dumb move on there part and it should have stayed with 'droids. Robot's are the ones that can short out... humans only get zapped and fried. >_<

00JOE
Jan 2, 2003, 03:12 AM
SHORT?! AAAIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Short sucks. My RAmar shouldn't short out... unless his armor has electricity in it. Hmmm.

mystic_knight
Jan 2, 2003, 03:28 AM
Ya, thats totally stupid, it should only be android getting shorted out, that unbalances the resistances between andriod and organics.

DirewolfX
Jan 2, 2003, 07:02 AM
Your nervous system has electricity.

Anyway... killing the thing up top doesn't stop him from casting Gizonde at you. Here's how to kill Vol Opt:

First, shoot the thing up top down (it gives you extra time). Now watch Vol Opt's head go around the monitors, but don't shoot them! Shooting them is bad! The monitors are a warning to you. When the head stops, get ready for the pillars to pop out of the ground. When they do pop out, fry the red pillar with Foie (if you're having trouble with this, just fire off a few Rafoies or something). The first few times, you're gonna take a hit, unless you're either lucky (the red one pops up next to you and you foie it to death) or over-levelled. Use a Sol Atomizer and Resta or a mate to heal, and wait as he repeats his pattern. If he hit you with Gizonde, you'll need to knock that thing down again, otherwise, it'll stay down.

Advinus
Jan 2, 2003, 08:41 AM
Also another good tactic i use as a FOnewmn is to actully just stand a little of centwe torwards the red piller and fire off several RaZonde it will usally take out the red one plus a couple of others the first form goes pretty quickly