PDA

View Full Version : Protransers - Say

Carlo210
Oct 26, 2007, 10:18 PM
For those who are (or aren't) Protransers as of right now, are you going to remain (or choose to be) a Protranser in AoI?

Discussion topics:
- PP regen rate normal while all other classes get faster regen rates. Booooo
- More ATP in AoI.
- Ex Traps.
- Highs and Lows of stats.
- S-Ranks? Yes prz.
- Only expert job with Base pp regen
- Only level 30 skills

- etc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-10-27 01:07 ]</font>

Jaden_Korr
Oct 26, 2007, 10:20 PM
My main's been a PT since december,no way am I changing now. My first character one the other hand,he might switch from FIGmar,to WT,maybe try out AF as well

Carlo210
Oct 26, 2007, 10:23 PM
I'd like to bring up the PP regen. I find it strange that they don't get at least a lessened version of pp regen (since every class gets a regen buff). Maybe 15% for melee and 15% for ranged, or something.
As it is now, how do you Protransers feel about the base PP regen?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Carlo210 on 2007-10-26 20:23 ]</font>

HFlowen
Oct 26, 2007, 10:27 PM
Rofl. I've been a protranser since they day it was available. These new improvements are just icing on the cake for an already awesome class.

1up (and some clever investing) has blessed me with: http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2715/hpim0555ww2.jpg

-Skela 38%
-Crimson 26%
-Mugunruk 26% ground
-Svaltus Sword (neutral)

All I need is a hirokteri and a Dedda (currently synthing a bazga) and I'll be set to become a HaxTranser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-26 20:30 ]</font>

Jaden_Korr
Oct 26, 2007, 10:36 PM
On 2007-10-26 20:27, HFlowen wrote:
Rofl. I've been a protranser since they day it was available. These new improvements are just icing on the cake for an already awesome class.

1up (and some clever investing) has blessed me with: http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2715/hpim0555ww2.jpg

-Skela 38%
-Crimson 26%
-Mugunruk 26% ground
-Svaltus Sword (neutral)

All I need is a hirokteri and a Dedda (currently synthing a bazga) and I'll be set to become a HaxTranser.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HFlowen on 2007-10-26 20:30 ]</font>

Envious is not the term. I'll try and get more game time in this week to get hold of a hiroketeri board. Hopefully...

HFlowen
Oct 26, 2007, 10:38 PM
Rizen used to hold Protranser meetings WAAAY back when. We'd hold lotteries with weapons and armors to help other protrasners. Not sure what happened with that.

Shade-
Oct 26, 2007, 11:06 PM
Started Protranser at the beginning of 1up, and so far I'm liking it. Cried when I saw my level 1 stats, but I think I'm 7-8 now so I'm decent. This is coming from a fortegunner, and I can defiantly tell the lower PP regen/higher usage on my guns, but, it's not like Photon Charges break the bank. I love the traps, and can't wait to see EX traps first hand. My melee PAs are a little low, but I am enjoying the mix of weapon types. Although, if I wasn't waiting for the proficiencies to all go up to S when AoI hits, I'd probably never have even bothered.

Carlo210
Oct 26, 2007, 11:14 PM
I agree that buying consumables (like traps, mates, and charges) isn't a big deal now that scapes aren't required.

Kion
Oct 27, 2007, 12:44 AM
"i am not, and never will be a tranny." -> lmao

biggabertha
Oct 27, 2007, 02:13 AM
With the widest and most diverse range of two handed weapons, I'm staying with Protranser. I was one as soon as I could change and I thoroughly enjoy every moment of it. I've never been the biggest hitter in any game I've played but I enjoy dabbling in a little bit of everything that I can.

Protransers have access to everything but twin weaponry, a selection of single handed weapons and TECHNICs. All three I'm actually okay with. Doublesabers were cool in PSO but aside from Carriguine-Rucar, I'm not liking the looks of ANY of the doublesabers.

Doesn't anyone else love how a Protranser can pass off as a fighter until the ranged weapons or the traps come out? Even then, you could probably mask yourself as a Fighgunner or a Fortefighter, maybe even a Wartecher if you just use the first two parts of the combo in a PA (easier to do now that Tornado Break and friends are available to Wartechers). Same goes for the guns. I've seen Guntechers do nothing but Longbow all day or Fortegunners using Shotguns and Laser Cannons all the time mixed in with a great deal of Virus traps.

All you don't see on a Protranser is huge numbers oh wait.... New PAs have got that sorted.... Well, we still have the best G trap damage and nothing else beats that! Oh wait.. There's EX traps that only we know how to use and their like, eight or sixteen G traps for the price of one.

*Sigh* What's a Protranser to do with all these A rank weapon caps? No hang on, we're the only class that DOESN'T have a single blue or green letter icon in our weapon description? BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Elaniel
Oct 27, 2007, 02:41 AM
Definately staying PT, been one since March.

I now have a few mugunruk's a gudda skela and a hirokteri waiting to be used for AOTI. But it makes me cry knowing the bow is sititng in my room. I may go FF for a while just to do some more dmg with my spears, but I love my PT class so much. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Rizen
Oct 27, 2007, 08:21 AM
On 2007-10-26 20:38, HFlowen wrote:
Rizen used to hold Protranser meetings WAAAY back when. We'd hold lotteries with weapons and armors to help other protrasners. Not sure what happened with that.

Vanish due to lack of interest. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Alpha-Hunter
Oct 27, 2007, 09:59 AM
I turned my fF into a PT for AOI. The stats are a little blah, but the diversity in play style really makes up for it. He's a fF for the event for spear spammage, but I wanna start getting S ranks for his PT job before late november. He's my main and I can only ever seem to get S ranks for my other chars and never my damn level 93, lol.

mvffin
Oct 27, 2007, 11:43 PM
my pt has been pt since level 10, and will remain pt until lvl 100. its just that fun. if majarra and bows aren't enough, go play with grenades, lazerz, axes, fists, whatever.

panzer_unit
Oct 27, 2007, 11:45 PM
I'm working on a set of Bil De Axe boards for AOI. Shigga Desta, Meteor Cannon, and the new brand-names for bow & sword will also keep me happy.

Protransers in AOI look a lot like Fortegunners (similar ATP, same s-rank guns, same bullet skill lv) with better melee (higher PA's, much better class/rank selection) rather than bullet save and mobile firearms. Considering the rebalancing of fighting and gunning I think PT makes the better tradeoff.

HFlowen
Oct 27, 2007, 11:53 PM
You know I totally forgot we can all get Song for Deaths next week. It's a really good launcher.

Carlo210
Oct 28, 2007, 12:51 AM
I'm personally torn between protranny and acroslicer (er... I mean, acrofighter).

Kelvie
Oct 28, 2007, 02:24 AM
Going Protanser for the sake of EX-traps.

I currently love using SEs and traps with my fG, and there is NO WAY that I do without these news toys.

Strider_M
Oct 28, 2007, 09:54 PM
Been a Protranser.... STAYING a Protranser... Although I'm not as well equipped as Flowen... I'll get there somehow...