PDA

View Full Version : Machine Gun Glitch?

Syonu
Oct 27, 2007, 11:13 PM
I was just running Deadly Brilliance not too long ago and in my party, someone (whose name shall be withheld) was using an Unlimited Ammo, Perpetual Beam Vulcanic.

He was running at normal speed while firing his Beam Vulcanic for virtually the entire mission. I know, I know, it sounds kooky. I figured it was just lag. Then he got frozen by the Gohmons.....and it was still firing! A Gohmon walked into his line of fire and he killed it while frozen!

Again, I considered lag many, many, times. But then we started the EX mission, and when we went through the portal to the battle area, he stopped moving, moved his gun up and down (via the RB) and then he had his Super Vulcanic once more. Seeing that made me positive that it was an exploit. He also never had a weapon in his right hand.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Niered
Oct 27, 2007, 11:20 PM
10 photon charges, 6 mechguns, and a couple photon charge cosmo? The rest just being wierd lag shit?

DaRkWoLf30
Oct 27, 2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah i heard about this, heaven't seen it yet

mvffin
Oct 27, 2007, 11:31 PM
i've heard about it too. I'd like to know how to do it, if i can accomplish this without haxxing (which i've heard is how its done.) my mechs would level so fast... i'd have all 30's in like an hour lol

Syonu
Oct 27, 2007, 11:31 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:20, Niered wrote:
10 photon charges, 6 mechguns, and a couple photon charge cosmo? The rest just being wierd lag shit?

I considered this, I have tried to fathom every possibility, but the only reasonable answer is that he glitched. He never stopped shooting. We were running from spawn to spawn and he would be shooting non-stop. Knocked down, frozen, new block, it just kept going. And I kept near him the entire time to see what he was doing and he NEVER used a photon charge.

I even asked him what he was doing but him and his buddy just tried to play me off without answering my question directly....

BlackHat
Oct 27, 2007, 11:36 PM
Once again, id like to say it's not me.

Continue.

pikachief
Oct 27, 2007, 11:37 PM
a few people know how to do it. It was mostly only known about since Zt did it to finish seabed in 6 min XD

not only does it never run out but i do believe it hits the enemies multiple times per shot O.o

Syonu
Oct 27, 2007, 11:39 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:37, pikachief wrote:
a few people know how to do it. It was mostly only known about since Zt did it to finish seabed in 6 min XD

not only does it never run out but i do believe it hits the enemies multiple times per shot O.o

Well this makes me feel alot better. Now the obvious question....who knows how to do it?

Remedy
Oct 27, 2007, 11:40 PM
It's probably some bullshit like the multiple Megiverse glitch or the old Nosudiga shift-cancel glitch, and anyone that does it should be banned.

pikachief
Oct 27, 2007, 11:41 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:39, Syonu wrote:

On 2007-10-27 21:37, pikachief wrote:

Well this makes me feel alot better. Now the obvious question....who knows how to do it?

zt mentioned how to do it a while back to me but refused to repeat it. Im pretty sure it has to do with something about standby-ing your connection though

Remedy
Oct 27, 2007, 11:44 PM
And instead of reporting it to Sega, you want to emulate it. Classy!

Almighty_Envy
Oct 27, 2007, 11:44 PM
Hmm, wonder if its the same thing as the Tech-override glitch I found but with mech guns...

Chuck_Norris
Oct 27, 2007, 11:45 PM
I wonder if it could work with other guns....

Almighty_Envy
Oct 27, 2007, 11:46 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:45, chuck_norris wrote:
I wonder if it could work with other guns....

It cant. Im pretty sure anyway.

omegapirate2k
Oct 27, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:44, Remedy wrote:

Karma is the arbiter of all.

pikachief
Oct 27, 2007, 11:47 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:44, Remedy wrote:

i wanna get through my runs faster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif glitches that cause problems are the ones people usually report http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Remedy
Oct 27, 2007, 11:51 PM
On 2007-10-27 21:47, omegapirate2k wrote:
Karma is the arbiter of all.We can only hope.

On 2007-10-27 21:47, pikachief wrote:
i wanna get through my runs faster http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gifGreatness at any cost, eh? I've heard that idea a few times before, and not from anyone I'd want to emulate.

Jife_Jifremok
Oct 28, 2007, 12:09 AM
I'd be against it if you didn't have to use the same shit over and over and over again to level it up. The overall grindey nature of this game makes ordinarily legitimite people turn to at least some mild form of cheating just to get something done and over with, like the laser goggle-cancel glitch. Then again, I would only use such glitches for leveling's sake and not much else...of course there'll be far more abuse from others. Of course, not knowing how to do something keeps me from doing it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

R2R_Crysaki
Oct 28, 2007, 12:15 AM
yeah, a guy did that glitch on our A run the whole time, I'd like to say...idc. It helped us finish the run no prob

R2R_Crysaki
Oct 28, 2007, 12:16 AM
i know the glitch will most likely be removed, most of you want it to be, but i say make use of it for now

HFlowen
Oct 28, 2007, 12:17 AM
This reminds me, I should level up my laser cannon a bit more before those pre-aoi updates fix it.

RikaPSOW
Oct 28, 2007, 12:21 AM
what system?

pikachief
Oct 28, 2007, 12:25 AM
On 2007-10-27 22:17, HFlowen wrote:
This reminds me, I should level up my laser cannon a bit more before those pre-aoi updates fix it.

the pre-aoi updates fix it!? oh noes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

R2R_Crysaki
Oct 28, 2007, 12:30 AM
bom bom bom...

Yusaku_Kudou
Oct 28, 2007, 01:02 AM
Yes, a friend of mine uses it and he taught me how to do it. I don't personally ever glitch for laser cannons or machine guns, nor will I ever tell anybody how. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

New_One
Oct 28, 2007, 03:05 AM
I don't think using any glitch is worth it if you have to mess with connection to do it. Mines as dodgy as it is...

EphekZ
Oct 28, 2007, 03:45 AM
Heh, I find it interesting that people preach right and wrong for a game. Every time something isn't exactly right people start an uproar. It's just a glitch people....

Greatness at any cost, eh?

Greatness? In PSU? This isn't really a game that involves greatness, or skill for that matter. It's against some AIs that are just going to die 10 seconds later anyways. It only helps the team.

Misaki Ki
Oct 29, 2007, 10:28 PM
And yet you feel the need to cheat against that very same AI; perhaps you don't understand of how game play breaking it is.

BlackHat
Oct 31, 2007, 12:14 PM
Oooh I remember how to do this glitch now.

It's actually not really worth it. And it doesn't give you infinite bullets per se.

I figured this out around FireBreak but never thought much of it.

SJW89
Nov 1, 2007, 11:10 PM
I use both the cannon/rifle glitch and the machine gun glitch, and it's too hard to teach people to do. I had to experiment with it after someone told me how to do it, and I've mastered it in 15 minutes. It's very helpful.

u_r
Nov 2, 2007, 02:51 AM
its not cheating.. + who care's were killing stupid monsters, big woop..

BlackHat
Nov 2, 2007, 07:31 PM
it's too hard to teach people to do

Really? How I can do it isn't all that difficult.

Morpheo
Nov 3, 2007, 10:55 AM
ive tought it to many people hoping to put an end to the exploit, im addicted and wont tough my rifles or shotgun, and the exploit can allow you to shot ur mechgun 3 or even 4 times faster then normal if u have a have high PP, like 1000ish....

SJW89
Nov 5, 2007, 11:55 PM
On 2007-11-02 17:31, BlackHat wrote:

it's too hard to teach people to do

Really? How I can do it isn't all that difficult.

It's not hard to do, but it's hard to explain to others. Once they understand how it tricks the game into doing the multiple machine gun "glitch", they master the trick.

Cracka_J
Nov 6, 2007, 12:58 PM
Speaking as a former game tester (arcade stuff), it's not the player's fault for finding these types of things out. We discovered stuff like this on a daily basis, and all we could do is report it to the programmers. Most of the time known glitches are left in because they either deem that players will not find them, or they are just too lazy to fix them. The problem was once a known bug was found in the field, it became like top priority to get it fixed. It seems sega already has things fixed in aoi, we'll just have to wait a couple weeks to see how it goes. But really, ban players for finding and exploitinig a glitch? They just did a sega a big favor and brought it to their attention. Award them with sranks.

beatrixkiddo
Nov 6, 2007, 10:43 PM
Here's a video demonstrating just how much damage this thing does. It's broken, don't listen to anyone telling you otherwise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMfQjQau8g4