PDA

View Full Version : help a PT out

kingwok
Oct 28, 2007, 09:31 PM
im haveing troubles figuring out what PAs to use on my Newman PT my wep selection is

G Launcher - dunno? heard the new one is good?
Bow - all to 21 already
Sword - thinking of gravity crush
Saber - mabye spinning break?
Axe - have the ones i can buy to 21

any pointers??

mizukage
Oct 28, 2007, 09:45 PM
Grenade Launcher = use that ultimate PA "Boma Duranga"
Sword = Gravity Break
Saber = Gravity Strike

I don't use grenade launchers, bows, or axes. However, I do use swords and sabers. In fact, those are my main weapons, not mentioning twin daggers too. Gravity-styled weapons are my favorite!

IsoDonk
Oct 29, 2007, 07:00 AM
A Newman PT! Good skills that man.

I use Rising Strike for the saber - simple yet effective... Tornado Break on the sword, and, um, Boma Diga on the grenade launcher because I can't afford Boma Duranga at the moment.

I've seen the damage Boma Duranga does though. Be careful; but get it. OMFG big numers etc.

Mizukage - you don't use bows? Wow... they're probably my most used weapon. I tend to stick around in the back ranks, until someone gets in trouble - run in, pop a Sol Atomizer and grab something big and heavy and start hitting things for a bit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

panzer_unit
Oct 29, 2007, 08:47 AM
I mostly run around with Handgun & Saber. I'm enjoying Spinning Strike but Rising is good too... I didn't care for Gravity Strike much, it needs full targets to compensate for being slower, having worse %'s, and being that much more expensive. If I'm in a team with good gunners, I'll go for a variety of PA's (Gravity Break on sword right now, it's really powerful) for one-or-two-target damage and crowd control as my main attack. If I'm with a lot of fighters I'll lean more on shotgun and bow and help the other guys out with SE.

Large monsters - solo, I'll probably use a Virus Trap or my bow and then start with whatever melee attack to pile on damage while keeping the thing from fighting back (Jabroga, Dugrega, Zubba, Gravity Break) ... on a team I'll use Boma Banga for knockdown (fighters can use more effective moves uninterrupted) and burn statuses.

Against groups of small monsters, I'll do either Tornado Break or Phantasm Prism. The stagger keeps 'em pinned so everyone else can help pile on multi-target damage from PA's and techs.

biggabertha
Oct 29, 2007, 09:16 AM
As a Newman, you'll want to take advantage of your accuracy and highest evasion. Therefore, you really want to get stuck in with the melee to take advantage of both.

Grabbing Tornado Break and Gravity Break will help you out a lot. Tornado Break for the utility (knocking enemies away from you all around or hitting enemies all around you with just the first two parts of the combo) and switch over to Gravity Break for utter damage dealing to one or two enemies.

Boma Duranga, the new Grenade Launcher PA tears things it hits to shreds but you'll have to be prepared to restore your life quickly with it. It's extremely good against bosses but otherwise, I'd be very careful where you use it.

Since you have both purchasable Axe PAs already, the third one is very much like Boma Duranga as a HUGE damage dealer to a group of unsuspecting enemies or a boss. It's got a very exponential ATP growth on it so later levels make it VERY powerful in the later levels.

All three released saber PAs have their uses. I've found that Rising Strike to be an excellent PA to use against two targets and for keeping dangerous enemies in the air, Spinning Strike for single target enemies and Gravity Strike for two or three enemies. Being a Protranser though, you've got a few better options than using Gravity Strike as a damage dealer to the same amount of enemies but if you like it, go ahead.

If you have all six elemental Longbow shots to Lv. 21 or above, then that's excellent. They're all very good bullets to have. Add some Laser Cannon PAs, Handgun PAs and shotgun PAs for more utility or go for the other melee weapons if you want more raw damage.

AC9breaker
Oct 29, 2007, 11:58 AM
For swords I would say all 3 all good. The only difference is that Spinning Break is a bit more situational where as Gravity Break and Tornado break are a lot more versatile.

Spinning Break is in my opinion the equivalent of RA techs for swords. People overlook its usefulness.

For Grenade Launcher I would recommend you get only 2. Boma Duranga (Ult PA) and any other elemental you think would be using. Personally I would choose earth or light because the enemies you would want to use those elements can use techs or are opposite of aforementioned elements.

On axe, I think the shop ones is good enough. Anga Jabroga (ult ace PA)is overrated. The launch time is pretty shitty. Even for a boss killer or large mob killer, I think your better off using Boma Duranga. Maybe once we get JA I'll change my opinion on Anga Jabroga.

Youre good on bows. Just switch as the situation demands.

Not quit comfortable yet to speak about sabers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AC9breaker on 2007-10-29 09:59 ]</font>

panzer_unit
Oct 29, 2007, 01:18 PM
oh! Knuckles. You should get Bogga Zubba for knuckles, because that's the juggle PA available for the class.

kingwok
Oct 29, 2007, 09:46 PM
thanks to everyone this gives me a good idea of what i should get for my character

already picked up gravity break next is the nade laucher U PA