PDA

View Full Version : Lack of Game

Arianna
Feb 28, 2001, 01:17 AM
Well PSO was alright for about a month but it gets pretty old fast. Lack of a fun factor and an altogether general challenge has left me in a sort of gaming drought. When I get home, I look at my dreamcast and contemplate for hours whether to play or not. Therefore, I have nothing to do at all because my life is all about games. I have considered going back to play Ultima Online, or Counter-Strike but nothing strikes me as fun anymore. My fun has been depleted because of the existence of a certain game, and that game is Phantasy Star Online. Fortunately, this dry era is only in effect for a month; Then it's back to playing games all year. So what I'm trying to say is PSO is old and should be burned. I feel sorry for the people who still play it, because everytime you level, you are just investing a few hours to waste. I too have wasted an entired month getting one character to level 100, and two others to 50. And let me tell you folks, there is no pride in being maxed out and beating THIS game. The thrill of complete victory only passes within an hour. Even experiencing other classes is unsatisfying as they are all exactly alike. I must issue a humble plea for everyone to stop playing this horrid and repetative game until an expansion pack or a sequel comes out. It's not because I want to look down on this game, it's because I care about everyone's emotional stability. If you saved up for PSO, I'm sorry..I really am. In fact, this whole site is a waste of space! This game is definately going into the list of: "Worst games ever" and my trash can.
I really wanted you to keep your customers Sega, now I see why you can't.

Cy
Feb 28, 2001, 01:28 AM
Hehe, I assume your post is part fact and part satire.

Yes, the game gets old, but a waste? Nahh, you were entertained for the whole time, but for you, it's just not entertaining anymore.

And if you were totally serious, you would have to apply the same standard to PSO2, which you are so looking forward to.

I feel the same way... I left my CounterStrike crack addiction for PSO, and now both are loosing interest for me. Woe is us, woe is us.

Whens Tribes2 come out? Or better yet, Halo on the X-Box, baby! Ummm, X-Box <dribble>

--Cy

Jaiden
Feb 28, 2001, 01:43 AM
hmm thats an interesting point of view. I'd almost wager a guess that you've somehow lost or corrupted your save game file, either that or you just came to the realization that video games are about as meaningless as television and just needed to vent/preach.

sure, PSO has its share of problems/oversights, and could use a little more variety but overall, the game is excellent.

One of the worst games ever? That list is too big right now and is not currently accepting new members. PSO wouldn't quality anyway. Precedent setting games never do.

If Sonic Team invests as much time on a sequal as they did with the original, starting from where they left off, you can be damn sure there will be much more content next time around.

And thats where it really counts. I can't wait to see what they have in store for me next!

Brinaro
Feb 28, 2001, 01:49 AM
Haha, well,that post was kinda humorous. I mean you spent how many hours playing to get a lvl 100 and 2 lvl 50 characters? Damn, you did it in a month? No wonder you are burned out, geez, live some life in between those gaming sessions.