PDA

View Full Version : Should I continue with AoI?

MrNomad
Oct 29, 2007, 11:03 AM
The reason im questioning whether or not to continue with the expansion is a certain little weapon called the "slicer" After seeing and hearing about this weapon I'm beginning to wonder if we're still getting a challenge or just getting a nuke button? Because a slicer can really do ANY job another class or weapon could do. It's pa I saw was unbelievably powerful, and I heard people say that it's ranged pa can hit as many targets thats in the radius. So, if I'm correct, I could have a palette full of slicers, and kill any mob in seconds, and all I need to is press one button...Where's the fun or challenge in that? And if I don't pick up slicers and keep my old palette of axes and spears, how will i compete with all the hundreds of players that WILL pick up slicers? Bah, AoI seemed all too good until they brought up the slicer, now the challenge aspect of the game was completely thrown out the window :/ Can anyone help me with this issue? Should I bother spending 10 $ a month for the easy button?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MrNomad on 2007-10-29 09:04 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 29, 2007, 11:21 AM
simply put, it'll prolly get nerfed at some point. And either way, you can do just attacks and etc with your palette of spears and axes and put out tons of damage too.

THE JACKEL

MrNomad
Oct 29, 2007, 11:23 AM
On 2007-10-29 09:21, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
simply put, it'll prolly get nerfed at some point. And either way, you can do just attacks and etc with your palette of spears and axes and put out tons of damage too.

THE JACKEL

But then, so can they right? It IS a melee weapon? If they do nerf it, when? I haven't heard of the JP server doing it yet though

Pillan
Oct 29, 2007, 11:26 AM
It hasn't been nerfed, yet everyone is praying it will.

I still don't see the logic in it. Why would you give Barta the attack modifier of Diga?

ljkkjlcm9
Oct 29, 2007, 11:34 AM
the simple fact of the matter is, it seems anyone can pump out tons of damage in the expansion using the new just attack feature. Enemies will be dieing a lot faster than they are now, regardless of what melee weapon you use.

and no it hasn't been nerfed yet, but it's not like the previous nerfs we had were instantaneous either.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2007-10-29 09:58 ]</font>

mizukage
Oct 29, 2007, 11:58 AM
The slicer is the only weapon I have high expectations of in the upcoming AOI release. It is made for melee fighters, yet its attacks are in the form of projectiles. Generally, the usage of the slicers come into play when one's HP is critical or near critical. The problem with swords and sabers is that one must charge into the enemies in order to attack, but if your HP is yellow or red, that may not be a good idea. Thus, I am looking forward to the slicers...

MrNomad
Oct 29, 2007, 12:19 PM
On 2007-10-29 09:58, mizukage wrote:
The slicer is the only weapon I have high expectations of in the upcoming AOI release. It is made for melee fighters, yet its attacks are in the form of projectiles. Generally, the usage of the slicers come into play when one's HP is critical or near critical. The problem with swords and sabers is that one must charge into the enemies in order to attack, but if your HP is yellow or red, that may not be a good idea. Thus, I am looking forward to the slicers...

Thats true, but why make the last resort weapon so powerful that it could just as well surpass any other weapon in a regular situation? I hope it gets nerfed, or at the least the just attack will make previous weapons still worth using.

New_One
Oct 29, 2007, 12:27 PM
I'm wanting to be an Arcofighter in the expansion, and I hope it gets nerfed. I hate overpowered things.

CelestialBlade
Oct 29, 2007, 12:34 PM
Everyone kept saying how "broken" Renkai Boyou-zan was when PSU was first released, and it got hit with the nerf bat, so I'm sure the Slicer PA will be looked at.

Or, y'know, just don't use Slicers.

MSAksion
Oct 29, 2007, 12:45 PM
whoa whoa the same could be said about;

Crossbows - Everyone and their mother uses it for DPS and DOT.
Spears - Dus Majarra the tiny ones, the big enemies, bosses it does it all quickly and flashy.
FOIE & DIGA - what techer worth their salt doesn't have both? Without Foie & Diga you can't do big damage to a large boss. Actually Diga is better cause some bosses are FIRE and thus diga has no weakness to them.

I say play how you want. In the expansion i believe every ranger will suddenly use laser cannons. Heck i know mine will. I am raising confuse and virus laser now to meet the new demand. Just play how you want.

MrNomad
Oct 29, 2007, 12:50 PM
I know but I'm afraid that in order to be the best hunter at the game, I have to be a talentless generic AF or fF and have a roster of multi-flavored slicers to keep up with the rest of the community. I can't help but feel like if I dont use slicers I'm not doing my part as a hunter come AoI =/

Darkly
Oct 29, 2007, 12:50 PM
Strangely enough i have been having minor doubts. The whole new melee system seems to be making everything a little too easy.

I remember reading that SE's are basically pointless because everything dies so fast.

I hope that 's3' is going to be the new ultimate.
I don't care if enemies are weak, as in they don't take long to die, but in return i want agressive monsters that can bite right back and maybe make me think a little more.

Schubalts
Oct 29, 2007, 12:56 PM
Just stop worrying about being the best hunter, then. Unless you only play to be the best, that is.

CelestialBlade
Oct 29, 2007, 12:56 PM
On 2007-10-29 10:50, Darkly wrote:

I hope that 's3' is going to be the new ultimate.
I don't care if enemies are weak, as in they don't take long to die, but in return i want agressive monsters that can bite right back and maybe make me think a little more.

Yeah, me too. I want more monsters that can fucking one-hit you. I'll never forget the first time I walked into Ultimate Ruins in PSO @_@

MrNomad
Oct 29, 2007, 12:59 PM
I dont, but I dont feel like making slicers my main either, which seems to me might be the "in" thing in AoI

Schubalts
Oct 29, 2007, 01:11 PM
Spears with Majjara are the "in" thing right now. Just twin daggers were before Renkai got nerfed. There will always be an "in" thing that every powergamer will use until it gets nerfed, and then they will complain about the nerf before moving to the next thing.

Just use what you feel like using.

MrNomad
Oct 29, 2007, 01:13 PM
i sppose, pew