PDA

View Full Version : iTunes Not Playing Certain Albums?

Eihwaz
Oct 30, 2007, 10:03 PM
It feels rather odd posting this in Off-Topic, but it's driving my musical OCD batshit insane.

Anyway, I recently upgraded to iTunes 7.4.3.1, and everything seemed to be working just fine, until I noticed that 17 albums from my collection do not play, at all. The files are all in the appropriate place, and I haven't renamed any of them. If I double-click on them, nothing happens. Even if I go to the actual location of the file and double-click, they won't open in iTunes, but they play just fine in WMP! More mystifyingly still, the files play just fine on my iPod (a first-generation iPod Video).

I'm at a total loss. I tried updating the ID3 tags of my entire library, to no avail. I also re-downloaded the iTunes installer, and chose the "Repair" option, which also didn't work.

Does anyone have any ideas?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-10-30 20:17 ]</font>

CupOfCoffee
Oct 30, 2007, 10:23 PM
Once I had this weird copy of a Modest Mouse album that would bizarrely skip to the next song at certain points in various songs. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, and the weirdest thing was that it worked in iTunes, but had the problem on my iPod. I finally fixed it by highlighting the whole album and selecting "Convert to MP3." You might want to try that and then delete the old files that are used to make the "new" ones.

Eihwaz
Oct 30, 2007, 10:28 PM
Funny you should mention Modest Mouse: one of the bricked albums is Good News for People Who Love Bad News. I'll give what you suggested a try.

EDIT: Uh. There isn't a "convert to MP3" option, though there is one for AAC. I gave that a try, and it didn't work either.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2007-10-30 20:33 ]</font>