PDA

View Full Version : About the free month for hl

Blenjar
Jan 2, 2003, 03:57 PM
I got online today =), I got billed in my cash card >=(, wtf is this, what kind of free month are they talking about!

Tavia
Jan 2, 2003, 06:20 PM
On 2003-01-02 12:57, Blenjar wrote:
I got online today =), I got billed in my cash card >=(, wtf is this, what kind of free month are they talking about!

It's written in the "fine print" when you purchase your HL that they may charge your account immediately, if necessary. However, said charge should disappear, because it's only a test. You'll be charged again, and permanently, in two months.

If the charge doesn't disappear after a while, like a week or two, you've got a good reason to call Sega.

Blenjar
Jan 2, 2003, 08:24 PM
On 2003-01-02 15:20, Tavia wrote:

On 2003-01-02 12:57, Blenjar wrote:

It's written in the "fine print" when you purchase your HL that they may charge your account immediately, if necessary. However, said charge should disappear, because it's only a test. You'll be charged again, and permanently, in two months.

If the charge doesn't disappear after a while, like a week or two, you've got a good reason to call Sega.

Ok that was a test...so if I go to my citi bank account, my money'll come back? it said my hl is till feb 4. so'll my cash be back?

Blenjar
Jan 2, 2003, 09:37 PM
tell me there #, I wanna speak to a person, not a machine.

Tavia
Jan 2, 2003, 09:38 PM
On 2003-01-02 17:24, Blenjar wrote:
Ok that was a test...so if I go to my citi bank account, my money'll come back? it said my hl is till feb 4. so'll my cash be back?

Yeah. It really shouldn't even be gone. If anything, there may be a hold on some of your credit/money, which means that you cannot spend that $9, but the credit/money should not actually be gone. If for any reason it is, it should be back soon, probably in the form of a credit. If it isn't cleared soon, you should call Sega.

EDIT: Sega's number is 1-512-231-2429. They're closed now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tavia on 2003-01-02 18:42 ]</font>

Blenjar
Jan 3, 2003, 10:00 AM
On 2003-01-02 18:38, Tavia wrote:
If it isn't cleared soon, you should call Sega.

EDIT: Sega's number is 1-512-231-2429. They're closed now.

thx for the #, im not gonna wait anyway, I want my cash back, even if its $9.

Edit- Ok is that long distance? what they want me to pay to call them!? wtf is wrong with sega this days, I knew I shouldn't buy a hl!!! curse you sega!, and sonicteam, die with them~!21e

Edit- I hate them hate them hate them hate them with the dreamcast,.,... am gonna break my dreamcast man....fsaw wtf is wrong with them....free mont.....yea right, I bet those mmorpg game are like pso, steal your money on your free month....bull them all!w4233214wae423hiorfe;waj;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blenjar on 2003-01-03 07:09 ]</font>

Tavia
Jan 3, 2003, 12:49 PM
Sorry to hear it man, but this is a very standard practice. Not only Sega does it, either, so you'll encounter it again in the future when you register for just about anything. It's a charge run to ensure that your account is in working order.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 3, 2003, 09:42 PM
well in that case I guess I will get one of those online web certificates. If they do take the money thats all they can take and nothing more. I don't know how i am goin to pay for month after month with out a credit card. I am not goin to refill a prepaid card over and over just to play online. The whole one month thing bites, but I guess its ok becuase I don't intend to play every single month or it just depends how I feel and if I can get the money or not.