PDA

View Full Version : PS Memorial Drama CD Translation FINISHED

yumpoptart
Oct 31, 2007, 10:18 AM
So, after a few years of inactivity, the translation for the Memorial Drama CD is complete.

http://pixelkiss.com/phantasystar

I also made a torrent of the mp3 for the Drama CD, so you can listen along with it as you read the translation. If you have any problems DLing, let me know.

I just wanted to share this with the community. I'm sure there are plenty of people who got sick of waiting and stopped caring, but for anyone who still does care, it's there for you.

Myphys
Oct 31, 2007, 04:33 PM
This definitely feels like it came out of no where!
It's quite enjoyable to read.
Thank you for all your hard work.

I dislike torrent. I'm never online at the right time to leech off others.
How about using rapidshare or megaupload, etc?
Or maybe someone should post the mp3 on Youtube, with real-time subtitles?

Thanks again.

HTD
Oct 31, 2007, 05:44 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Yumpoptart

yumpoptart
Nov 1, 2007, 01:14 PM
HTD -- thank you =) good luck with your project too!

Myphys -- i've been seeding constantly but the tracker seems to be making speeds slow. i was thinking of using alternatives, but ive never used them before so i dont know, ive only used bittorrent for the past 4 years.
i tried megaupload, but then it wanted me to give it money for sharing the file. granted, it only asked for a negligible amount, but if i don't have to pay, i'd like not to.

i've been considering uploading to youtube with real time subtitles - the only problem with that is coming up with images to use instead of just a black screen with subtitles, because that'd probably be too boring. and i don't wanna just stick one image in the BG for the whole time either, thats just as boring -- but would the convenience of reading real time subtitles be better?

what are peoples thoughts on this?

HTD
Nov 1, 2007, 01:38 PM
Your quite a talented artist right?
Maybe some art mixed with some sprite work might work well.
The only bad factor on that is... well it would take some time for sure.
I think reading real time subtitles is still an excellent idea and also id still check it out if it were just a blank screen with subs.

yumpoptart
Nov 1, 2007, 04:18 PM
On 2007-11-01 11:38, HTD wrote:
Your quite a talented artist right?
Maybe some art mixed with some sprite work might work well.
The only bad factor on that is... well it would take some time for sure.
I think reading real time subtitles is still an excellent idea and also id still check it out if it were just a blank screen with subs.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif; hehehe. i do draw, yes. but i am slow. like molasses.
i almost thought of just drawing up still images and make it kind of like the cut-scenes in PSIV. but i'm afraid that with real-time voice acting, sound effects and music, it might look outdated and/or just cheesy. but its definitely doable.

for the mean while, i'm going to work on at least getting up the blank screen with subtitles for now since thats the easiest to work with.

Myphys
Nov 1, 2007, 04:29 PM
On 2007-11-01 11:14, yumpoptart wrote:
i tried megaupload, but then it wanted me to give it money for sharing the file. granted, it only asked for a negligible amount, but if i don't have to pay, i'd like not to.

i've been considering uploading to youtube with real time subtitles - the only problem with that is coming up with images to use instead of just a black screen with subtitles, because that'd probably be too boring. and i don't wanna just stick one image in the BG for the whole time either, thats just as boring -- but would the convenience of reading real time subtitles be better?

what are peoples thoughts on this?

Yeah, you shouldn't spend a dime because it is completely unnecessary.

I think a blank screen with real-time subtitles on Youtube is fine...considering the original mp3 had no images in the first place.
Mind you, expect a lot of uninformed people commenting on why there are no images...haha.

(You could shamelessly advertise your websites if you dare...or maybe some subliminal messages making us bow down to your power?)
Just a thought...

K-NiNeArawen
Dec 19, 2007, 01:38 PM
Can someone seed the mp3 torrent? I'm stuck at 73.3%

Myphys
Dec 20, 2007, 05:23 AM
A great site is now hosting the mp3.

http://pscave.com/other/dramacd/

yumpoptart
Dec 24, 2007, 03:06 AM
On 2007-12-20 02:23, Myphys wrote:
A great site is now hosting the mp3.

http://pscave.com/other/dramacd/

aww, i'm the last to know about this? XD hahaha. that's great though. i'm glad the mp3 is up somewhere that people can actually get it.

hopefully when my new server gets set up (pixelkiss.com) ill be able to put the mp3 up there too so i can destroy the torrent bullcrap thats plagued me with problems =_=