PDA

View Full Version : HUnewearl character question for veteran GC Hunewearls

Brundidge
Jan 2, 2003, 04:42 PM
I wanted to make a HUnewearl just for fun. I realized when looking at the PSOW stat guide their max ATA isn't that high (only like 9 points above a FOmar's max ATA). All I'm asking is if ATA growth is fine going up to v.hard/ultimate mode?

Spy
Jan 2, 2003, 04:46 PM
I've played with lots of Hunneys, and they seem to hit about as often as my pick-up lines do(read: not often).

watashiwa
Jan 2, 2003, 05:02 PM
They just need high hit weapons! ;p My FOmar can hit decently even in Ultimate Seabed online! 50% hit guns and 45% sabers tho' ^_^

Spy
Jan 2, 2003, 05:09 PM
Too bad I have no lines with % to Hit.

Hey baby, I saw this cool trick on the Discovery Channel, lets say you and I try it out.

>_<

LamerPanda
Jan 2, 2003, 05:15 PM
Spy: Why don't you go try some of the tricks on "Jackass"? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Hn, I'd agree that good weapons would probably help. The best I've found is 5% hit, but there's obviously better, I just don't spend a lot of time looking for weapons. =P

Spy
Jan 2, 2003, 05:23 PM
On 2003-01-02 14:15, LamerPanda wrote:
Spy: Why don't you go try some of the tricks on "Jackass"? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

I'm stupid. But not that desperate.

Well baby, heaven must be down an angel, cuz I'm here

watashiwa
Jan 2, 2003, 05:40 PM
You could rework the Heaven line, Spy.

Make it something like:

Are you okay? Because it must have hurt when you fell from Heaven.

LamerPanda
Jan 2, 2003, 05:44 PM
Spy: Do they want it back? I could help with that.

watashiwa: Yeah, but crawling out of the flames of Hell hurt even more.

Heh, someone should make a topic about pick-up lines in the off topic forum. =P

VulpesMundi
Jan 2, 2003, 07:22 PM
HUnewearls hit just fine after a fashion. Their ATA starts kinda sucky (same with a HUcast), but the max is effective even without hit bonuses. They have one less max ATA than a HUmar, but slightly higher max ATA than a HUcast.

G-Assassin
Jan 2, 2003, 07:38 PM
And they can use more techniques like Shifta/Deband because they're newmans...

DirewolfX
Jan 2, 2003, 07:40 PM
I use a God/Arm and have about 70-ish Dex on my mag as a Hune. I hit fairly decently in Ultimate. But those damn Gilchics don't ever get knocked down (Grrr...).

Ah well, havne't played my Hune in a while anyway. I prefer my FOnewearl. Blowing things up is so much more fun.

Brundidge
Jan 2, 2003, 07:59 PM
hmmm killer I already started making one.

Dire - where did you find your God/Arm?
I think if I found that, that would help me and motivate me more to play a HUnewearl so I won't feel sad about my ATA.

JianaSparks
Jan 2, 2003, 09:59 PM
I've had a Hunewearl since the Dreamcast days. I've never had a problem with kicking ass. ^_^ The only thing I really noticed is that I'm not nearly as powerful as Humars, unless I have S/D on and they don't. ^_^

Spy
Jan 2, 2003, 10:18 PM
Let's make like clowns and replicate

Brundidge
Jan 2, 2003, 10:26 PM
LOL man I think your right about the 0% Hit thang about yourself man.

Get a drink at the bar man you're done for tonight LOL http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Xsyven
Jan 2, 2003, 10:40 PM
I use a HUnewearl... They're great! You just need to find a good weapon.

elfin
Jan 3, 2003, 02:24 AM
ROFLMAO Spy!! LOL

Spy
Jan 3, 2003, 02:41 AM
Woah, you're hot and I havent even had anything to drink!

Vantamiath
Jan 3, 2003, 02:54 AM
Baby...You can be my Dairy Queen and I'll be your Burger King--you treat me right, and I'll have it your way.

(You can't get any lower then this)

Spy
Jan 3, 2003, 02:59 AM
I bet you have cute feet.

Sadly, I cannot claim credit for that one ._.

mystic_knight
Jan 3, 2003, 03:05 AM
Prepared to be amazed:

You have over 200 bones in your body, want another?

DirewolfX
Jan 3, 2003, 06:43 AM
Got God/Arm from a friend. Check the item findings database. I know Skyly can find them, not sure who else.

Spy
Jan 3, 2003, 06:46 AM
I may not be a RAmar in real life, but I do play one on my TV!"

LamerPanda
Jan 3, 2003, 09:47 AM
"Let's make like clowns and replicate"

I knew you were in the circus, but I thought you were in the sideshow, freak. o_0

"Woah, you're hot and I havent even had anything to drink!"

I can tell, most drunks wouldn't try lines THAT pathetic.

"Baby...You can be my Dairy Queen and I'll be your Burger King--you treat me right, and I'll have it your way."

Down with the monarchy! Vive la revolution! *summons an army of french fries to send iHATEpsoCHEATERS to the guillotine*

"I bet you have cute feet."

Maybe, but it's really impossible to find size 13 wide shoes. ;-;

"You have over 200 bones in your body, want another?"

Nah, I think you'll need as many as you can get when I'm through with you. *pulls out a blunt object*

"I may not be a RAmar in real life, but I do play one on my TV!"

erm, I only date androids. o.o;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LamerPanda on 2003-01-03 09:05 ]</font>

Ophelia
Jan 3, 2003, 11:43 AM
Okay, okay, here I go...

I'm Fred Flintstone, wanna make my Bedrock?

*bows*

-Oph

LamerPanda
Jan 3, 2003, 12:04 PM
But Fred Flintstone is a married man! 0_o

watashiwa
Jan 3, 2003, 06:44 PM
On 2003-01-02 16:22, VulpesMundi wrote:
HUnewearls hit just fine after a fashion. Their ATA starts kinda sucky (same with a HUcast), but the max is effective even without hit bonuses. They have one less max ATA than a HUmar, but slightly higher max ATA than a HUcast.

That may be true and all, but HUnewearl has a horrible natural ATA growth rate.

She'll have 147 of her 199 ATA without any mag bonuses while HUmar will have 174 of his 200.

HUcast will have 158 of his 191, which is still not that sexy, while HUcaseal will have 184 of her 218.

All Newmans in this game have a horrible natural ATA growth, but for Forces it doesn't really matter.

If you think about it, for a HUnewearl to have her maximum ATA at level 200, she'll need a 104 DEX mag. Either that or a lower DEX mag and some arm units. Quite a bit of arm units, since she's 52 ATA away from her max. I guess you could get away with a 50 DEX mag and 2 God/Arms but damn.. That's 2 slots you could have used for something better if you were another Hunter class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: watashiwa on 2003-01-03 18:34 ]</font>

Brundidge
Jan 3, 2003, 08:03 PM
yeah wata that's what I was thinking and I think I'm planning on doing (me having like 3 slot armors for every armor up to Holiness right now I thank my redria HUcaseal). I think I've played this game soooooooooo much I can survive without having a few units that I used to use. I'm just hoping that when I lvl up I hope to see a ATA+1 if not I cry and try to lvl up again.