PDA

View Full Version : Naruto Question (kinda spoilerish)

InfinityXXX
Nov 1, 2007, 10:09 AM
Me and my brother were having our nerd talk the other day and he raised an interesting question. When the american dub enters Shippuden....are they gonna change/replace some of the voice actors?

I think, in the original version, the actors are the same...but they all sounded mature back in part1 though...

..but in the dub, I doubt that all the actors can make their characters sound a bit mature... even if they decide not to change the actors and keep the voices intact..i can only see Sasuke's voice being believeable in the time skip......but Naruto? I dunno if Naruto's american voice actor (which is a middle aged woman) can make him sound a bit mature and (least annoying)

Keep in mind that Shippuden is a bit darker/serious than the first half and its two year (or is two and half years?) after the sasuke drama

I hope the directors of the american dub use Shippuden as an excuse to fire Naruto's voice actor. (sorry if i'm being mean but i really don't like his american voice and Shino's actor can go to)

I really can't see Naruto's current voice being in Shippuden....unless his actor is so skilled that she can make his voice sound mature and less retarded than it already is....

not to downplay that she did do a good job with his voice and i honestly can't see anyone else playing Naruto but her....but still.....i hate how he sounds lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfinityXXX on 2007-11-01 08:13 ]</font>

NPCMook
Nov 1, 2007, 11:19 AM
it was 3 years

Its possible she could do it, but then again this is her first time really doing voice acting in a major role, the rest of them were long ago and only minor roles. Not to mention changing voice actors in the midst of a series is just bad...

I have to say Steven Blum disappoints me with his "Adaptation" of Naruto... At least he's not the cowboy rock star like Vic Mignogna... I hate this guy I really do -.-

Vitamin_D
Nov 1, 2007, 12:13 PM
Yeah I honestly think the Naruto dub is well done, except for the main man himself, Naruto (well actually I hate Shino's too haha). They could get away with just using the same voices for the others I think, but I think for Naruto it would be inconsistent with the age he's supposed to be. Then again I wouldn't worry about that for a loooong time. The dub will have to go through the grueling year long filler BS too. I wonder how that will fair haha.

InfinityXXX
Nov 1, 2007, 12:34 PM
yea, it'll be nice if they get rid of the filler...but that won't happen....but they could at least...half the fillers lol

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2007, 01:08 PM
The purpose for this post is to inform other people of the fact that Hinata will be seen in the next episode of Naruto Shippuden, and that I am squeeing like a little girl in anticipation.

Seriously, Hinata doesn't get nearly enough screen time considering how badass she is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-11-01 11:09 ]</font>

InfinityXXX
Nov 1, 2007, 01:46 PM
On 2007-11-01 11:08, Zorafim wrote:
The purpose for this post is to inform other people of the fact that Hinata will be seen in the next episode of Naruto Shippuden, and that I am squeeing like a little girl in anticipation.

Seriously, Hinata doesn't get nearly enough screen time considering how badass she is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zorafim on 2007-11-01 11:09 ]</font>

I agree. I wish we can get more hinata and more shino...and even a little bit more Kiba lol. I never seen the fillers so i dunno if they were in there, but i would like for the creator to focus more on the three characters i mentioned in the manga...especially Hinata.

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2007, 01:50 PM
The series should have been called "Hinata" and focused around her. Considering how dull the show has become, she's the only thing keeping me to it.

InfinityXXX
Nov 1, 2007, 02:18 PM
On 2007-11-01 11:50, Zorafim wrote:
The series should have been called "Hinata" and focused around her. Considering how dull the show has become, she's the only thing keeping me to it.

what are your thoughts of the Hinate/Naruto relationship?so far its starting to look more like a Naruto/Sakura relationship lol. The creator did say that he wanted to put some element of romance in Shippuden.

Vitamin_D
Nov 1, 2007, 04:07 PM
Hinata, Kiba, and Shino you say?

Well you're in luck, the current manga arc does indeed feature said 3 ninjas and others. Though, I admit they STILL haven't had much time to shine, but its' not over yet so we'll see.

Shattered_weasel
Nov 1, 2007, 04:16 PM
On 2007-11-01 10:34, InfinityXXX wrote:
yea, it'll be nice if they get rid of the filler...but that won't happen....but they could at least...half the fillers lol

Actually they are thinking about skipping all the filler and going straight to Shippuden. More than likely they are going to air the filler as "Lost Episode" type things.

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2007, 08:48 PM
On 2007-11-01 12:18, InfinityXXX wrote:
what are your thoughts of the Hinate/Naruto relationship?so far its starting to look more like a Naruto/Sakura relationship lol. The creator did say that he wanted to put some element of romance in Shippuden.

Too much Naruto, not enough Hinata.

DizzyDi
Nov 1, 2007, 08:49 PM
</3 Naruto (the character and the show itself.)
<3 Hinata. IF YOU NAWMEEN LOL!
/hi5!

Zorafim
Nov 1, 2007, 08:51 PM
I have to admit. Hinata partially inspired Levia.

Noblewine
Nov 5, 2007, 07:32 PM
It's possible they are going to change the voice actors a bit. It's happened in other animes.

Zorafim
Nov 9, 2007, 02:41 PM
The five minutes that Hinata appeared in this episode makes episode 33 the best episode in the Shippuuden series.