PDA

View Full Version : My 2nd official "Fuck you ST" rant

amtalx
Nov 1, 2007, 10:58 PM
Ok seriously ST. WTF?!?! How can you be so incompetent? Is is really that fucking hard to keep a server up without crashing or lagging players out?

Wait...why am I asking? I know its not that hard, because I do it for a fucking living. Day in, and day out I deal with developers like EA, Sony, Konami, etc. and they all seem to have their shit together. Why does ST have to be the slack-jawed retard?

Stop banking on your legacy and do your fucking job.

Mystil
Nov 1, 2007, 11:12 PM
I believe that unlike other developers who's home HQ is based in Japan, SEGA/ST EU/US has very little control over thier branchs. What I'm saying is..I think they are getting hand-me down servers and other things and is not given the proper budget to buy high end ones.

Nyreal
Nov 2, 2007, 01:01 AM
It doesn't help that ST US is full of morons. The hand-me-downs are less important than, say, the horrible management that we've seen since PSO.

Blitzkommando
Nov 2, 2007, 01:20 AM
On 2007-11-01 21:12, Mystil wrote:
I believe that unlike other developers who's home HQ is based in Japan, SEGA/ST EU/US has very little control over thier branchs. What I'm saying is..I think they are getting hand-me down servers and other things and is not given the proper budget to buy high end ones.

Considering Ebuyer.com runs mostly off of antiques from the early 1980s (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/07/07/ebuyer_runs_site_on_commodore64/) (Commodore 64s, ZX Spectrums, etc) I'd say hardware is hardly the issue. For those that don't know, Ebuyer is a big computers and related store in the UK.

amtalx
Nov 2, 2007, 06:26 AM
Norvekh is right. I also deal with startup developers that only have the money from the 2nd mortgage on their house. Even their shortcomings due to lack of funding pale in comparison to STs. Simply put, ST is not good at what they do. They aren't bad at designing a game that is fun to play, but when it comes to programming or supporting it after release, their talent stops.

BlackHat
Nov 2, 2007, 10:31 PM
Betting their server runs on Dial up.

Anywho

The lag has gotten considerably better. More people are spreading out across the different Universes.

Psycho_Sonic
Nov 3, 2007, 04:31 PM
*sigh* I always think i'd love to work at Sega and help make it a better place, but... then i think again. What the hell could i do? >_>

Me: Idea guys. Give the customers what they're paying for.
Management: You're so fired.