PDA

View Full Version : Fable - Hero Save

mizukage
Nov 2, 2007, 02:02 PM
Recently, I bought an used Fable for my XBox which was originally eatting dust... Well.. The game is awesome, but it keeps on getting that green screen error. I was even planning to buy a new Fable copy, but...

Apparently, I just found out. It has nothing to do with the used Fable disc. There aren't even many scratches on it. Apparently, its related to the Hero Save function. Does this happen to other people too?

The Hero Save function enables players to obtain tons of experience points and gold over and over again. The only problem is that it corrupts all the save files if the Hero Save load function is used for more than 3 times. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Weeaboolits
Nov 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
Rub the disc with a soft pencil eraser, making sure to cover the whole disc, then wipe it off with a soft, damp cloth. This has worked fairly well for me in dealing with scratches.

McLaughlin
Nov 2, 2007, 03:13 PM
It's not a scratch. If you Hero Save too much, the game file corrupts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Obsidian_Knight on 2007-11-02 13:31 ]</font>

mizukage
Nov 2, 2007, 03:59 PM
On 2007-11-02 13:13, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
It's not a scratch. If you Hero Save too much, the game file corrupts.

Does that mean if I delete all the Fable save files and start a new game without using Hero Save, the game file won't corrupt at all?? I haven't tried it, but I plan on doing so. Its annoying when you play an hour to find the green screen of death when warping to the Heroes' Guild.

McLaughlin
Nov 3, 2007, 02:25 PM
A new file should be fine. I never abused the Hero Saves, so I don't know. But new saves should be fine as long as you don't Hero Save too much.

mizukage
Nov 3, 2007, 09:41 PM
On 2007-11-03 12:25, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
A new file should be fine. I never abused the Hero Saves, so I don't know. But new saves should be fine as long as you don't Hero Save too much.

I see. I will remove the Fable save and start a new game once I beat my favorite ps2 games which saved files got corrupted first.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif