PDA

View Full Version : Adelphia Broadband users on PSO

Amethyst
Jan 2, 2003, 11:43 PM
I was just wondering before I get my broadband adapter if anyone who uses the Adelphia Powerlink to get onto PSO could give me a quick explaination on how it works out.

Tavia
Jan 2, 2003, 11:47 PM
On 2003-01-02 20:43, Amethyst wrote:
I was just wondering before I get my broadband adapter if anyone who uses the Adelphia Powerlink to get onto PSO could give me a quick explaination on how it works out.

Do you have an ethernet or USB modem? Adelphia provides both. If you have an ethernet modem, you should just get a GC BBA and connect it to your modem directly. If you have a USB modem, you would have to configure ICS, as talked about here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=37273&forum=3&2).

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 3, 2003, 12:59 PM
I use adelphia with BBA. At first I had a DOCSYS cable modem directly connected to my computer's ethernet network card. I couldn't get my gamecube to work by directly connecting it to the cable modem, at first. Each time I wanted to plug the gamecube in instead of the computer, I would have to pull out the power supply to the cable modem for 4 minutes. To switch back to using the computer, I'd have to do the same power-unplug crap.

Tavia
Jan 3, 2003, 01:14 PM
On 2003-01-03 09:59, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko wrote:
To switch back to using the computer, I'd have to do the same power-unplug crap.

That's a pain in the ass. I can't stand iffy services. Cable modems seem to have the most problems. I remember using one a few years back, and having to deal with frequent connection drops and freezes. I'm used to having to re-initialize my network every now and then... but every time I wanted to move stuff around? That would be hell. Is your comp set up as a server now, or do you have a network and all that?

Cable may be capable of higher download speeds, but give me good ol' ADSL anyday! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 3, 2003, 02:44 PM
I use stupid network MEOW MEOW.