PDA

View Full Version : PSU-XBox 360: Skye's Degahna Cannon Hunt Part II (An Updated

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 11:47 AM
Some stuff to bring those who dont know about this weapon up to speed:

http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/1290/3860-m.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9Ie7_4epzw

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
It has been some time, and now I am ready.

Ready, to go back.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

First off, two Questions:

1. the board drops in Grove S, Grove S2, and F. Infiltration S2. Would I have any better chance of finding the board in any of these three? Which would be my best bet?

2. the 1Up 2-week increased luck thing will help me in finding the board, yes? It does apply to boss box drops?

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hunt Report so far:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Grove of Fanatics
C runs: 30
B runs: 05
A runs: 02
S runs: 04
S2 runs: 01

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Forest Infiltration:
S2 runs: 01

So far, no luck, but if this was supposed to be easy, I would have had that weapon ages ago!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Item Check
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
10 Im-Photons? -check
2 Vulcaline? -check
15 Rubinad? -check
1 Adahna Cannon? -check
1 [b] Degahna Cannon? -in progress
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

UPDATES:
Here's my gamertag (yes, I play on 360) if anyone wants to do a run or maybe a few runs with me. (just send a message, I promise to respond)

Smallredbox (easiest tag to remember; ever)

Also, my S2 character: Skye: LV75 Newman FighgunnerLV3

Note: I think I'll start a clan. (yes, ANOTHER clan)

The Degahna Faction (DF)

The only member is me. I feel so alone hunting this thing XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smallredbox on 2007-11-05 10:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smallredbox on 2007-11-05 14:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smallredbox on 2007-11-10 19:07 ]</font>

Krupp
Nov 5, 2007, 11:50 AM
the 1up increased luck only applies to the EX mission at the end of a 1up mission.

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 11:53 AM
No, I mean the two weeks of photon luck after the event.

RedCoKid
Nov 5, 2007, 11:58 AM
I think you could hunt for 2 weeks with 3* luck and easily get nothing.

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 12:04 PM
I'm fully prepared to do so.

Krupp
Nov 5, 2007, 12:06 PM
XD Didn't know what you meant. Good luck!

RedCoKid
Nov 5, 2007, 12:11 PM
On 2007-11-05 09:04, Smallredbox wrote:
I'm fully prepared to do so.

Then you've answered your second question.

As for your first question, I recommend that you try GoF S2 in a party so that you'd have a chance to pick up the 10 & 11* bows for yourself or trade.

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 12:14 PM
On 2007-11-05 08:53, Smallredbox wrote:
No, I mean the two weeks of photon luck after the event.Given that it's a boss box drop, and boss boxes have a 100% drop anything rate, 3* luck will not help you in your hunt at all.

But best of luck all the same. <3

RedCoKid
Nov 5, 2007, 12:18 PM
On 2007-11-05 09:14, Remedy wrote:
Given that it's a boss box drop, and boss boxes have a 100% drop anything rate, 3* luck will not help you in your hunt at all.

That's irrelevant because he already said he was prepared to put in the time. No need to kill his spirits.

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 12:21 PM
Except I wished him luck in the very same post. I'm merely correcting the OP's delusion that luck increases rare drop rates. Luck increases the drop-anything rate. Boss boxes already have a 100% drop rate, and anything above 100% is superfluous. *shrug*

3* luck will help the Psycho Wand hunter, the Crea Doubles hunter, the Agito Repca hunter. It will not help the Degahna Cannon hunter, the Kan Yu hunter, the Rattlesnake hunter.

RedCoKid
Nov 5, 2007, 12:34 PM
If I badly wanted a [B] Degahna Cannon, I WOULD hunt it during the entire 2-week span of 3* luck week in GoF S2. At least there would be a chance of picking up a [B] hirokteri--whose drop rate IS affected by 3* luck--and trading it in a deal for the cannon board.

Edit: grammar http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedCoKid on 2007-11-05 09:36 ]</font>

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 12:36 PM
That's true, and wise advice. Can [B] Degahna Cannon drop on S2? I always thought it was S only, and that Needle Cannon replaced it on S2. Go figure. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I know a Caseal that'll be happy to hear that. =^.^=

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 12:41 PM
I read up on it and it seems that both cannons actually drop.

This is good news!

Hopefully I can at least find something else to get my cannon.

Oh, and about trading for the cannon board, I have never seen the board in a player shop. Not once.

Anyhow, maybe I can find other stuff in that mission, so it wont be a total loss. Maybe I can coerce/invite some friends to come along and entice them with all these delicious rares.

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 12:43 PM
Do you have my card, Box? I love Grove of Fanatics, and I very rarely need incentive to come along. Plus, I have tasty, tasty buffs! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif You should get on and get my card.

Cerberus1981
Nov 5, 2007, 12:44 PM
Good luck, I was looking for this a while back but no joy.

As soon as the 1 up cup is over I plan to camp out at Grove Of Fanatics S2 and look for this and the Needle Cannon non stop.

Care to run with me? or are you soloing?

desturel
Nov 5, 2007, 01:16 PM
I wish the OP luck. I hunted GoF S2 for 3 months looking for Rikauteri. Never saw a Degahnna Cannon board drop. After I got the Rikauteri board and started hunting GoF S for Rikau-senba [B], I've had two Degahnna Cannon board drops (but no Rikau-senba. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif ).

It could just be my rotten luck, but the [B] may have a better drop rate on S than on S2.

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 01:36 PM
I'm going to try to run at least one S and one S2 today

(Maybe 2 s2s and 2 S ones)

If anyone wants to do any, especially right now, message me (gamertag: Smallredbox)

Lyric
Nov 5, 2007, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I've never seen the board in player shops either. I see Adahna cannons all the time, and I've seen a completed Degahna cannon recently. The price for it was astronomical though.

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 01:54 PM
I've seen a 6grind for 40,000,000

Anyhow, can someone help me out?

How do I find out if I got a map without the female techers?

If I'm going to be doing this mission, they can not be there. That resta Kills my ability to solo it.

I've looked up the enemy patterns in psupedia, but I can not understand what they mean.

Help me out?

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 02:01 PM
Use an earth rifle and stfu them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

desturel
Nov 5, 2007, 02:43 PM
I'd suggest running any map you come across. What class are you? I use fortegunner to do the run.

You can skip past more than half of the enemies on the run. If you only kill the enemies that are required, you will be a B at the end of the run. The entire third floor can be skipped no matter what the map is.

Anyway, to answer your request:
http://psupedia.info/Monster_Counts_-_Neudaiz

Layout A1 and C2 are the only layouts with no female neuman (Ozuna) at all.

The way to read the chart is like this:

Layout type:
A1

Armed Servant (Ozuna) (female neuman - foie, resta, jellen):
0, 0, 0 - 0 (0 on the first floor, 0 on second floor, 0 on third floor - total 0)

Armed Servant (Taguba) (male neuman - barta, zodeel)
11, 0, 6 - 17 (11 on the first floor, 0 on second floor, 6 on third floor - total 17)

Bysha type-Koh21 (red robot - attack, stun ball, gidiga)
11, 23, 9 - 43 (11 on the first floor, 23 on second floor, 9 on third floor - total 17)

Bysha type-Otsu32 (blue robot - foie, shock attack)
10, 26, 9 - 45 (10 on the first floor, 26 on second floor, 9 on third floor - total 45)

You can always ignore the number of creatures on the third floor since you never have to fight anything on the third floor at all. If you are going for the boss box, it's a waste of time to fight the third floor. Just run past the first group of enemies and go up the stairs to the left teleport. Fight the boss.

More annoying than Ozuna are the Otsu32. Unless you have a high percentage fire armor or burn resist, this guys will get you will burn. Especially the layouts where there are 6 in a room and no stairs to stand on (stair in GoF are like the safe zones in Mad Creatures. For some reason, enemies don't look up in PSU). They don't do much damage, but they status affect you which does do plenty of damage. Antimate only goes so far when you are running solo unfortunately. At least the 360 server finally got the no PM death patch so I can bring in a meat shield to take some of that foie damage. Plus the S2 enemies are slow now so it's much easier to dodge their "we can shoot through walls" foie.

Koh21 use to be a bit dangerous with their rush down attach and stun, but with the new S2 patch where they don't move as fast, you normally get out of stun before 6 of them surround you and stun/kill you. Explosions are still dangerous though, so carrying a decent percentage earth armor is never a bad idea.

Taguba are silly and only dangerous when paired with a Ozuna or Otsu31. You generally want to wear fire armor even with these chumps around. The worst room for these guys is on second floor C map where you get stuck in the room with 4 Taguba and 1 Ozuna (wear ice armor and kill the Ozuna as quickly as possible), but most likely you'll skip that layout.

Layout A3 is good since you have to face 4 Ozuna at the very beginning to get the first key. Kill robots in the second room to get the second key. Skip, the three Ozuna in the box room. Kill more robots to get the next key. Then as a gunner, you can snipe the robots and the three remaining Ozuna from the stairs without ever getting attacked (as a fG/GT with Rifle/Killer shot or fT with a bow). Yeah, they dissappear if you move too far away, but after you get the hang of it, you can run through the first floor in about 5 minutes. Only the very first wave of Ozuna is dangerous as they are the only enemies that you actually have to fight on the first floor.

Layout B1 is also decent since you can skip past all of the Ozuna that show up. If you kill the Taguba and then the blue robots show up, then you are good. Skip past the four Ozuna that are near the stair case where you get the key and the eight boxes. Then run up the stairs. You will fight Taguba to get the second key. Run past the side room which will also have Ozuna and go to the main room where you'll fight a bunch of Taguba. You'll have to fight three Ozuna, but they will only show up one at a time. They are only dangerous in groups and picking them off one by one is silly easy. The second floor you'll have to kill Ozuna, but they are not grouped more than two at a time IIRC.

Avoid Layout B2 unless you are hunting Hirokteri as the Ozuna on this one can't be skipped.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-11-05 11:45 ]</font>

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 03:07 PM
Thank you very much for this!

I have been thinking about getting the Ground shot for my rifle. WOuld this really help against the techers? Does it silence them? I have never seen them silenced, thats why I ask. I know silence traps dont work (never did for me, anyway)

Remedy
Nov 5, 2007, 03:14 PM
Oh, do Silence traps not work? I've never really tried, and I prefer burning them with Foie to stfuing them with Diga. *shrug*

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 03:27 PM
I use my burn shot with my phantom. they dont like that too much.

The ozunas arent too hard if it's just one of them, but when they triple resta each other... >___<

Syonu
Nov 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
I'll be a home in about 2 hours or so, but I will be more than happy to help you. I am a Lvl 100 CAST Fighgunner, Fortegunner, and Fortefighter, all 10. Hopefully one of those will be good for taking down those pesky earthen robots.

Syonu
Nov 5, 2007, 03:57 PM
I'll be home in a few hours if you would like some assistance. Whether I am actually an asset or not, I guess its better than running it by yourself.

desturel
Nov 5, 2007, 04:25 PM
Silence traps work. You just have to be able to hit them with the traps. The Ozuna tend to sidestep everything. Plus Grav Shot is decent to use, but Burning Shot is better. The Ozuna have high resistance to status effects so silence doesn't hit often enough to make a large difference in your kill time. Technically you can kill shot them as well, but that's a waste of bullets. Burn sticks the easiest which is why I use it. Dark is good too since that can hit the robots as well, but it's a but slower at dealing damage to neuman.

What I carry with me on a typical GoF run is:
10 Killer Shot Brahoh
1 Burning Shot Phantom +4
1 Dark Shot Falgohoh +7
1 Yak Banga Cubo Dunga
1 Yak Zagenga Cubo Dunga +5
1 Barada Inga or Barada Yoga Shigga Bines +6
2 30% dark Mukfet

The Brahoh, of course, are for the robots.
The Rifles are for sniping. If it's a mixed group (neuman and robot) I use Dark Shot. If it's neuman only I use burning shot.

The crossbow are for when I'm in rooms with just Ozuna. Banga to set them on fire. Zagenga to deal damage up close.

The shotgun is for when I run low on PP on my rifles and I'm too far along to run back in recharge (yeah I'm too cheap to use photon charges, I'm soloing and not making much money while doing it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )

The two Mukfet are for when I face Degahna. When you solo him using a spear with Dus Daggas is easier than hitting him with a rifle. Majarra might be good too, but I don't need two spear arts and Daggas works fine for me. Since he spends most of the battle either spinning in a circle or teleporting, you won't even have to use many heal items. When you learn the attack pattern, getting behind Degahna is easy enough, but honestly use whatever you are comfortable with.

A solo run of GoF S2 use to take me about 25 minutes depending on how good the Kill Shot was working and how much Degahna was running/shielding/running/running/on it's period. It would likely be faster now that the 360 is patched.

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 04:50 PM
Okay nuke, give me your gamer tag, and we can run an s or s2

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 04:58 PM
desturel, do you play on 360?

Smallredbox
Nov 5, 2007, 08:06 PM
Well, I tried to solo an A run with my other character "Rico Tyrell" She's a Fortegunner with Killer shot.

I did okay up till the boss. My spear wasnt doing enough damage, and I ran out of HP items.

*using the 4* moatoob spear

Anyhow, when I get a 6 or 7* dark spear, I plan on going back.

Her Killer Shot is at level 10 now.

The Rappy Armor does pretty nice in reducing damage from the boss, as does staying behind the boss in the first place.

Next time, things will be different.

Smallredbox
Nov 8, 2007, 02:32 PM
UPDATE:

I finally got my Grove character (Rico Tyrell) Up to level 47 and her killer shot is now at level 12

I synthed two mugungris with 10% and 18% dark

I can almost use my phantomline armor

I plan on getting her to level 50 within the nexdt two days

Almost ready for S runs!

Also, I ran two solo A runs.

Getting faster every time!

Zorak000
Nov 8, 2007, 03:17 PM
You could sign me up... GT: Zorak000
but I may not be too reliable as at times I have my own agenda + pre-existing friends with their own needs + college.

Bolvyn
Nov 8, 2007, 03:39 PM
On 2007-11-05 08:47, Smallredbox wrote:

1. the board drops in Grove S, Grove S2, and F. Infiltration S2. Would I have any better chance of finding the board in any of these three? Which would be my best bet?

2. the 1Up 2-week increased luck thing will help me in finding the board, yes? It does apply to boss box drops?

Grove S2 is your best bet. My frend has one and grided it up to 7. The only one out there that is Grided up to 7.
Yes that would be you best bet Grove S2.

I have not seen it drop on 1up cup. So I don't think that would be a good place to look for it.

Good luck finding it.
There is only like 20 in the game. only one grided 7 times.

Zorak000
Nov 8, 2007, 04:29 PM
well, i'd say FI S2 'cause it's so short

Hokokaru
Nov 8, 2007, 05:04 PM
Ive seen someone with a degahna cannon(10), thunder cannon(10) and a Meteor cannon back 6 months ago so 7 isnt the highest

Ill help you if I got time, Im trying to lvl my PAs and earn PAFs so feel free to hit me up
GT:Megiddo13

desturel
Nov 8, 2007, 06:29 PM
On 2007-11-05 13:58, Smallredbox wrote:
desturel, do you play on 360?

Yes, I'm on the 360 server. Sorry about the three day later reply. Work has been kicking my butt this week. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2007-11-08 12:39, Bolvyn wrote:
Grove S2 is your best bet. My frend has one and grided it up to 7. The only one out there that is Grided up to 7.
Yes that would be you best bet Grove S2.

I have not seen it drop on 1up cup. So I don't think that would be a good place to look for it.

Good luck finding it.
There is only like 20 in the game. only one grided 7 times.

1) It doesn't drop on 1up cup because it's a Degahna weapon and the neudaiz boss for 1up is Onmagoug.

2) There are more than 20 in the game. I know 5 people who have them on the 360 server and I've sold two [b] Degahna Cannon and 5 of the Adahna Cannon parts.

3) Besides the 5 people I KNOW who have Degahna Cannons, I have seen at least 6 other people with it. Including two who had +10 cannons. I highly doubt that I have seen over 50% of the Degahna Cannon owning population.

So to summarize, even if you have only seen 20 people with the Cannon, does not mean that only 20 exist. Also your theory that a +7 Cannon is the highest one out there is also false.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2007-11-08 15:31 ]</font>

Smallredbox
Nov 8, 2007, 06:50 PM
I'll have to look into the FI S2

Maybe there might be something to it.

I just dont like ozuna's, is all.

I can deal with ice enemies.. ..snipe..snipe...snipe!

Hokokaru
Nov 8, 2007, 06:51 PM
So to summarize, even if you have only seen 20 people with the Cannon, does not mean that only 20 exist. Also your theory that a +7 Cannon is the highest one out there is also false.
----
exactly(im too lazy to quote XD)

Smallredbox
Nov 10, 2007, 12:19 AM
Oh, I almost forgot to mention: If anyone is ever willing to sell/trade one they already have, or are quitting the game and have one, do me a favor and look me up!

My Characters: Skye(75,newman) Adrienne(50,cast) Rico Tyrell(49,human) Heathcliff Flowen(35,human)
Gamertag: Smallredbox

This also goes for anyone already going to the grove. If you ever need an extra person, call me.
I love the Grove, and Forest Infiltration aint so bad either.

DesertGunner
Nov 10, 2007, 03:34 AM
I just test-ran my LVL. 21 Killer Shot, and OMFG!!! I would definitely do GoF S because it's the lowest-level Degahna out of any of them. F.I. S2 has the hardest Degahna (believe me, I did 2 weeks there.).

I'm doing GoF S2 after I get another Blackbull board for the Needle Cannon. I ain't got time for that 9* wannabe!!!

Urtri
Nov 10, 2007, 05:32 AM
I'd Suggest running Grove of Fanatics on S

- no large enemy types (kamotozes) or Gohmons
- At S the Servents are'nt nearly as hard as they are on S2
- the robots have a lower EVP stat meaning killer shot is more effective since you'll be seeing less 0's
- Agehna is at its lowest lvl so its easier to kill (dark element Spear with Dus Duggas + Rabol Rappy (trade version) with Rainbow (for a total of 33% Ligth))

Smallredbox
Nov 10, 2007, 07:48 PM
I was thinking about getting that rainbow unit.

I also got that new HP unit Tero / HP

Man, it is so much better. Really good for soloing and whatnot.

Tonight I shall get my character to level 50, and then run grove S

If anyone wants to join me message me. (contact info elsewhere in thread)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smallredbox on 2007-11-10 16:48 ]</font>

Smallredbox
Nov 10, 2007, 10:12 PM
I would like to express my displeasure with my thread being moved to "player matchup"

Well, mainly because although I would like more players to do this mission with, this isnt the main idea of this topic.

This thread is an updated hunt report more than anything else.

I'd like it moved back.

Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smallredbox on 2007-11-10 19:13 ]</font>

Smallredbox
Nov 11, 2007, 04:42 PM
UPDATE: Ran two more Grove S runs last night.

We didnt get my board, (of course not!) but.. we did find two Cresaud Boards, and quite a few [b] Tear of Light

I plan on running at least 5 more tonight!

Smallredbox
Nov 11, 2007, 06:06 PM
About to do a few Grove S runs, in case anyone wants to join

GT: Smallredbox

Smallredbox
Nov 12, 2007, 03:12 PM
UPDATE:

Today is my lucky Day! Let's review:

Found today:

[b] Halarod
[b] carriguic

Today marks my first completed solo S run for Grove of Fanatics!
I think the game noticed my achievement, and presented me with this: Adahna Cannon (synth part)

Smallredbox
Nov 13, 2007, 12:11 PM
UPDATE:

Total runs so far completed:

S: 14
S2: 1

Drops:
Adahna Cannon
(that one armor board)
(that one dagger board)
Lots of Neu Ebons
1 Neu walna

[b] Degahna Cannon(s) found: 0 (working on this!)

Smallredbox
Nov 13, 2007, 01:38 PM
UPDATE:

Total Runs:
S:16
S2:01

Recent finds: Hanmateri, Neu Ebon(2)

Still no board.. The hunt continues!!

Also, my PM is at 70+! Tomorrow, I'll finish her off so I can have more help* when I solo this.

*help = meat-shield

StrongFiend
Nov 13, 2007, 09:48 PM
Hey man thats cool ill play with you sometime if you need help
GT:StrongFiend
im a lvl 65 male beast fighgunner send me a message when you need me, only available on the weekends though.

Smallredbox
Nov 14, 2007, 12:51 PM
THIS POST WILL BE IN MOSTLY CAPS.. PLEASE READ

TODAY AT 12:35PM, I FOUND [b] Degahna Cannon

AFter only 22 Runs of Grove S, the board is mmiiiine!!!

StrongFiend
Nov 14, 2007, 03:38 PM
Lol congratulations it must be my lucky touch

Smallredbox
Nov 14, 2007, 04:46 PM
Yep, must be!

My PM is at level 84 now, so in one and a half days, I might be ready.

I think I'll wait until we get the synth boost, whenever that is

Bliven
Nov 14, 2007, 05:01 PM
in approximately 1 and a half days http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Smallredbox
Nov 14, 2007, 06:22 PM
Bwahahahaha Lets go break some boards!

(with my PM at level 84, my chance of synth success is 66%)

SO what is the current boost at? 10%?

76% isnt so bad

I hope to increase it to at least 80%

StrongFiend
Nov 14, 2007, 06:47 PM
i think is 15% to be exact http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Smallredbox
Nov 14, 2007, 06:55 PM
so the bonuses stack then?

StrongFiend
Nov 14, 2007, 07:12 PM
yes, i was checking out the event site alot lately, and recently noticed