PDA

View Full Version : FOnewm...?

Roontek
Jan 3, 2003, 03:30 AM
What do you guys think about them, I know they are kinda ugly in many ways, but I have one, and I don't see a lot of information on them/or people that talk about them....Just wondering if they are a good character, or is there a better Forece to play???.....

Eum
Jan 3, 2003, 04:15 AM
I played a FOnewm until level 70. It was fun. In the Guides section they have stat listings, if you want to compare and whatnot.

As for the FOnewm's look, I really like it. I'd pay a decent amount of money for his shoes.

Sunaj
Jan 3, 2003, 06:40 AM
Generally, Fonewm is the best force to play PERIOD. Magic boosts to Gi and Ra spells, on top of high MST and TP, as well as TP regen. (Fonewearl beats him by a bit, but doesnt get those bonuses) Fo are sorta the less popular class being weak, and difficult to raise, and there isn't much discussion about fonewm moreso becuase a lot of people seem to be put off by the design and uh, mannerisms(Including me, there's something wrong when my Fomarl walks more manly with a cane than my Fonewm. But just IMO.) and the ones that play them, play them strong and well, not much to talk about.

The Character listing is the best fast source of info on the classes, but for examples- fomarls, and fonewearl are better for support, fomar would be the one you prolly want to "tank".(Kick ass with physically, at a low or high level.) Just choose whichever suits you best.

DirewolfX
Jan 3, 2003, 06:53 AM
Correction: FOnewm receive a 30% bonus to RA-spells only. FOnewearl receive a 30% bonus to weak-attack spells (i.e. the ones without a prefix) and a bonus to Megid (their Megid can hit multiple enemies). FOnewearl have higher MST but lower HP and DFP. FOnewearl also have the highest EVP of the FO classes (only HUcaseals and RAmarls have higher EVP), as if anyone cared about EVP. Their ATA is also slightly higher than the FOnewm, and the highest max ATA of the FOs (though a lower base than the human FOs), but if you're playing a proper FO, you won't waste your time increasing ATA except possibly to use Geist weapons.

Conclusion: FOnewm are not the "best" FO to play. They're damn good ones, but they're no better than any of the other FOs. It all depends on how you play them. If you like spamming RA spells and chugging fluids, then a FOnewm might be your best choice.

dude3282
Jan 3, 2003, 07:17 AM
There are dedicated Fonewms out there. My neighbor owns as his little foppish force.

elfin
Jan 3, 2003, 08:18 AM
DirewolfX, do u mean that the Gi-tech bonus listed under the character FOnewm is a misprint... ?? Because it says quite clearly that they receive a Gi-tech bonus x 1.3

Tomas the Swede

gamematrix
Jan 3, 2003, 08:20 AM
Yeah I'm a lvl 114 FOnewm now.
I've always used a FOnewm in PSO since the early DC days.
I've found that on ult, fonewm can be the best to fight with.
Using ra in every room keeps any enemy from hitting you, and the damage you can doo with all god mind can oblitereate everything.
Sure it can be expensive, but the speed in leveling and support you can offer you friends is unmatched.
My charater looks like link from zelda btw.
It's really a great look for a fonewm and I'm very happy with it.
I highly recommend a fonewm to anyone willing to go all the way with a force. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

-GAMEMATRIX

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 3, 2003, 09:09 AM
I just switched to a FOnewm and I am VERY happy with how he plays. I enjoy this the most out of any of the FOs, especially since I'm not big on support (I mainly tank in online games) Very powerful techniques and he looks cool. I'd highly reccomend FOnewms.

TeamPhalanx
Jan 3, 2003, 10:11 AM
When it comes to offensive techniques and Episode I stages, FOnewm are probably the best. Given the faster casting speed of Ra techs and the bonuses he gets, he has the edge over other FOrces in those situations.

Average_Joe
Jan 3, 2003, 02:03 PM
My original character for ver.1 & 2 was a FOnewm named Rygel, and I had a blast with him.

This was back when Forces were pretty rare (they are everywhere now), so a FOnewm was a good thing to have in an online game. Most of my time was spent helping others, healing, casting shifta & deband, etc...

But they are really weak when it comes to physical attacks, so it's all up to what your personal style of play is, personally I opted for a change and went the way of the FOmar.

Just as fun and I can actually attack and cause a fair amount of damage.