PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Other Intelligent Life in Gurhal

Skuda
Nov 6, 2007, 11:29 PM
So, I was lying in bed the other night, trying to fall asleep. As usual, my brain could not shut off and continued to race over a variety of subjects. Normally I am in a grumpy daze when my mind starts doing so. That is, until I came onto the subject I am about to talk about.

Aside from the ancients, the Humans, the Newmans, the CASTs and the Beasts, what else is there? Let’s start with Parum. The different sorts of Natural Life that thrive on this planet appear to be Distovas, Koltovas, Goldovas, Poltys, Vahras, Go Vahras, Badira, Palovhoras, Shargreece, and Ragun and Ragnus. I left out Golmoro since I believe them to be other relic sentries. Something along the lines of mini Stateria.

There’s one type of creature I want to focus on: Vahras and Go Vahras. What sets these creatures apart from the others? They have weapons and armor. Where the heck did they get them? Having sword like claws and shields being naturally grown attachments seems a little farfetched. I believe that the Vahras fashioned their armaments themselves.

That’s right. The Vahras aren’t stupid. They probably make their own weaponry. They probably make their own houses. I’d consider Vahras to be relatively intelligent. As primal as they are, they very well could be the previous dominant species of Parum (likely before the arrival of the ancients).

The Vahras also band together with the assistance of their leader. Sure, this happens with other beasts, but the Vahra leader flags his brethren in with his arms, as if to rally them. Even though they’re currently infected by SEED, they still manage to uphold some intelligent actions.

Due to the current Vahra traits that I’ve seen, I believe the Vahra are a tribal sort of beast. It’s likely that they band together in small villages and hunt for food. It’s obvious that they’re predators. With there being a lot of water sources on Parum, it is also likely that Vahra have taken up fishing, along with hunting smaller beasts like Polty and Koltova. If we are to ever see any Vahra village, it would likely be near a lake, or near the coast.

Not only do I see this to be the case with Parum, but Neudaiz and Moatoob as well. The Gohmon and Vanda behave similar to the Vahra, and are likely the previous dominant species of their own respective planets. They all have similar food sources, and all hunt in groups. If it weren’t for human intervention, it is likely that we would see the Vanda, Vahra and Gohmon develop into beings just as intelligent as us.

So, that’s all I have to say for now.

Discuss! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Deucer
Nov 6, 2007, 11:58 PM
All that only encourages me to stamp them out even more!
Jumpy little bastards!

Nisshoku
Nov 7, 2007, 10:34 AM
But such a writing like this makes you wonder. Aren't they akin to how chimps are to us? For all we know we're massively destroying the process of natural evolution, one untouched by humans in the Gurahl system. Who's to say what they might be like in a thousand, or even a million years from now?

Although, if they attack you first, you can still claim self-defense in your actions. They started it.

SabZero
Nov 8, 2007, 06:44 AM
Nisshoku: you only have to fight/"supress" these native creatures because they were changed by the SEED. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And I could see a Vahra camp, I really could. Also, peacefully grazing ollakas.