PDA

View Full Version : Question about transfering files

Cloud_01
Jan 3, 2003, 05:22 PM
I have my pso file on my brother memory card and I am planning on getting my own Gamecube, pso, and memory card. My question is, is there anyway for me to permanentely transfer my data to my new memory card. That would suck if I would have to start a new character. Any help would be appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cloud_01 on 2003-01-03 14:24 ]</font>

Tavia
Jan 3, 2003, 06:08 PM
On 2003-01-03 14:22, Cloud_01 wrote:
I have my pso file on my brother memory card and I am planning on getting my own Gamecube, pso, and memory card. My question is, is there anyway for me to permanentely transfer my data to my new memory card. That would suck if I would have to start a new character. Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately -- in cases like these -- there is no way for you to permanently transfer that data to another memory card by conventional means. You will either have to share that memory card, or start a new character.

Cloud_01
Jan 3, 2003, 08:00 PM
Damn, I guess I'm just going to have to cope with playing less pso, sense I'm going to have to share the memory card with him. There's no way I'm started Cloud all over again. He's level 103...

Cloud_01
Jan 4, 2003, 06:20 PM
I have an idea. What if just before I am about to quit the game and save I take out my brothers memory card and put mine in then save. Do you think that the game will save it onto my memory card?

Cloud_01
Jan 6, 2003, 02:57 PM
*Bump* (Someone please reply. I really need to know if it will work).

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 6, 2003, 03:36 PM
Naw. You'll probably mess up and corrupt your file =>_<=.

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 6, 2003, 06:32 PM
the best you can do is make a new character on the memory card you plan to get and transfer the stuff like mag, mates, fulids and etc to your new character and start from stratch and it shouldn't be so hard leveling a new character on a diffrent memory card as long as you transfer items to that new charcter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: capin_bucky_ohair on 2003-01-06 15:33 ]</font>

Blenjar
Jan 6, 2003, 07:00 PM
Its not that easy to start over, I use to have a lv 45 ramar but delete it him cuz he was 2 tall [ silly heh ] any is it possible to keep his player in the temporary character place?

Cloud_01
Jan 6, 2003, 10:53 PM
On 2003-01-06 15:32, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:
the best you can do is make a new character on the memory card you plan to get and transfer the stuff like mag, mates, fulids and etc to your new character and start from stratch and it shouldn't be so hard leveling a new character on a diffrent memory card as long as you transfer items to that new charcter

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: capin_bucky_ohair on 2003-01-06 15:33 ]</font>

Actually, yes it would be hard leveling up another character to the same level as Cloud. He is level 103 and i've played with him for 111 hours. I don't want to just erase him and let all those hours go to waste.

Maybe I should just keep him on a temp. character file...

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 7, 2003, 01:47 AM
I have leveled up characters after they got deleted by sega on the dreamcast version and made it back to the excacte level if not higher all I had to do was give that charcter a high level mag did quest online and in no time i made my characters back to her orignal level

capin_bucky_ohair
Jan 7, 2003, 01:51 AM
temp character will not work if you are planing to use it to transfer your character. It will only hold the character untill you place it back on it's orginal memory card. and 103 isn't a thing thats easy to gain back.