PDA

View Full Version : PSO-DC: A strange glitch from the year 2000

geomease
Nov 8, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hey I'm new so go easy on me. I am an avid PSO player and have been a fan of the series since it's roots in the Genisis. I only have the DC ver2 of the game but it didn't really matter to me, as long as I had it I was happy. I played this game well past the consuls end and was quite content with it. But unfortunately it developed a fatal glitch. For some reason all the weapons just disappeared. As in all of them stopped showing up in enemy drops. At first you may think that this was just a string of bad luck but it is much more than that even the weapons that were supposed to automatically appear such as the ones found in the yellow boxes were gone, empty, missing. I was heartbroken after all my favorite part of the game was hunting for rare items but with this glitch my gaming experience was brought to a close. Eventually I was forced to stop playing as my characters couldn't compete in Ultimate mode without stronger weapons. If your wondering why I would bring up a DC PSO related problem well that is simple. Like your favorite bad song I can't just be rid of it. I recently started playing it again, I can't think of any better game to play even now years after the Dreamcast was finished I still play this game I love it that much. Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had some answers for me or to see if anyone else had a similar problem. Thanks for your time.

Uncle_bob
Nov 8, 2007, 10:42 PM
PSO V2 has horrible rare weapon/armor drop rates in Ultimate mode. It's Sega's fault, not yours.

geomease
Nov 8, 2007, 11:12 PM
On 2007-11-08 19:42, Uncle_bob wrote:
PSO V2 has horrible rare weapon/armor drop rates in Ultimate mode. It's Sega's fault, not yours.

it';s weird right before the glitch happened I was getting a ton of Red weapons and in the DC version they are very powerful sometimes I would get 3 or 4 in one run I had a lot of them with at least 35-40% for just about every class. But I still love that game dearly. it starts at Vhard Mines level 2 and effects everything from that point on.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 9, 2007, 06:23 PM
this happens in either of these 2 situations

you have a action replay/GX/code breaker file in the vmu, therefore the game detects it and disables rare drops and 9/+9 star items

you played a quest, quests have the drops deactivated, if you destroy big boxes and nothing apears then the item was for sure 9/+9 stars like a db's saber.
as a note, only play quests for fun/exp/tech disks or to gain quest items like soul eater.

geomease
Nov 9, 2007, 10:13 PM
On 2007-11-09 15:23, DC_PLAYER wrote:
this happens in either of these 2 situations

you have a action replay/GX/code breaker file in the vmu, therefore the game detects it and disables rare drops and 9/+9 star items

you played a quest, quests have the drops deactivated, if you destroy big boxes and nothing apears then the item was for sure 9/+9 stars like a db's saber.
as a note, only play quests for fun/exp/tech disks or to gain quest items like soul eater.

it wasn't a quest it was regular runs in Vhard and Ultimate mode. I had Akikos Frying Pan on my Hucast as well Soul eater. But my Humar has both the Soul eater and Soul Banish (even though the weapon is deadly to use it's still awesome) I never had any Action Relay or cheating devises it just sort of happened and it only occurs on Vhard Mines level 2 and beyond I get all the weapons in Vhard caves and forest just fine it's just weird.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 10, 2007, 06:19 PM
i don't understand, do you get rares or not, do you get db's sabers and varistas, do you get special weapons, difficulty.....

geomease
Nov 10, 2007, 10:24 PM
On 2007-11-10 15:19, DC_PLAYER wrote:
i don't understand, do you get rares or not, do you get db's sabers and varistas, do you get special weapons, difficulty.....

the only weapons I can get are weapons like Clubs, strikers and arms all things I can't use and even then they are very rare to get any weapons at all. I don't need to find DB Sabers anymore because tyhey sell them with a minimum of at least 35% in one or more categories in the shop on Ultimate. I can also buy Varistas, M and K Vise's and Flowen swords as well as other high ranking 8 and 9 star weapons I think that happened because I was able to get to the Ultimate Ruins (at only level 110!!! Thank god for the extremely powerful Red weapons in the DC version I can kill Ultimate forest enemies in two attacks with my Red dagger +90) It's quite a strange problem and as always even yellow boxes that are supposed to automatically drop weapons are devoid of any.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 11, 2007, 08:35 AM
but the big boxes do drop yellow whriting items, don't expect to see any rare item from those since the big boxes drop a determined item or group of items.
to get some rare items from boxes, destroy the normal ones, they are like enemys, they have a chance of droping 1 rare, maybe even 2, keep in mind the item may change when you go to another zone, forest 1 to forest 2 for example.
all the common rare weapons can be sold in shops, the quality and amount changes when:
-you enter a new difficulty
-you enter a new zone
-you reach lvl 150
check your id in the drop rates area, select id in ver.2 (scroll down) and see what itmes drop easily and wich will possibly never drop.
about box drops, pso-world does not have them, so you will have to try and see if they drop after a few runs or not......
any question, simply ask, i also play that version, in fact, it's the only one i play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

geomease
Nov 11, 2007, 02:22 PM
On 2007-11-11 05:35, DC_PLAYER wrote:
but the big boxes do drop yellow whriting items, don't expect to see any rare item from those since the big boxes drop a determined item or group of items.
to get some rare items from boxes, destroy the normal ones, they are like enemys, they have a chance of droping 1 rare, maybe even 2, keep in mind the item may change when you go to another zone, forest 1 to forest 2 for example.
all the common rare weapons can be sold in shops, the quality and amount changes when:
-you enter a new difficulty
-you enter a new zone
-you reach lvl 150
check your id in the drop rates area, select id in ver.2 (scroll down) and see what itmes drop easily and wich will possibly never drop.
about box drops, pso-world does not have them, so you will have to try and see if they drop after a few runs or not......
any question, simply ask, i also play that version, in fact, it's the only one i play. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

thanks, so there is another DC elite here besides me, cool. I 2 characters over 100 my 108 Hucast with Pinkal ID (don't ask I didn't know about the importance of section ID's before Ihad gotten to level 35 or so.) A level 112 Humar with a ton of 9 star weapons and a few double sabers, Claws and a armory of RED weapons my favorite being my RED Daggers. There was a time when I was getting 2 or 3 red weapons in a single Ultimate Forest Run. Right now I am playing a new Ramar with Viridia ID (I just live me those shots XD) But the glitch still stands it seems that not whenever I get beyond Mines level 2 on VHard or beyond I can only pick up weapons that my character can't use (My Ramar picks up force and dagger type weapons and my Humar picks up force and Ranger type weapons and only the ones inaccessible to me such as Shots and Rifles.) But to be honest The DC version RED weapons are so powerful that I really don't need another to get by I just love to collect the weapons for fun I am looking into buying Blue Burst for my laptop and I would of course have to get a computer controller becasue it would feel awkward to do it on a keyboard.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 11, 2007, 03:41 PM
i only have a oran humar (sig http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)
the weapons you find depends on the id, maybe the id you got does not have much good usefull rares, i also find sometimes ranger and force weapons, and from where i find them i stop for example destroying the boxes in mines 2, why? because the rare item is a rare force wand, so i don't destroy them and i save time for other more important rares.
i also collect usefull rares, so anything even if it's like an uber rare, if it's non humar usable then i sell it with no hesitation, also because i don't have anymore room to my items or mags.......
good to see ppl still play ver.2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

geomease
Nov 11, 2007, 04:40 PM
On 2007-11-11 12:41, DC_PLAYER wrote:
i only have a oran humar (sig http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)
the weapons you find depends on the id, maybe the id you got does not have much good usefull rares, i also find sometimes ranger and force weapons, and from where i find them i stop for example destroying the boxes in mines 2, why? because the rare item is a rare force wand, so i don't destroy them and i save time for other more important rares.
i also collect usefull rares, so anything even if it's like an uber rare, if it's non humar usable then i sell it with no hesitation, also because i don't have anymore room to my items or mags.......
good to see ppl still play ver.2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Yeah the ver 2 game was really great. I'd be happy to find any weapons my characters can use. I have 4 current characters and had 6 but I saved over two of them (one force because it was to diffcult to get to ultimate mode by being a force without any other players and One Oran Hunewerl that I quite because I wanted to create my current Viridia Hunter) I was never able to play online so I soloed offline for over 400-500 hours in combined character hours. The rares I am most proud of are my heavily power RED weapons (all the ones I have have very high percentages I have one RED handgun ground to 90 that has 25% Native 35% Mines and 20% Hit. But my greatest is my Red Saber with 50% Dark and Mines. But it still is fun to use my 9 star weapons on VHard enemies and I still find rare enemies despite the glitch. Just a few days ago on my new Ramar I found a Nar Lily it was only on normal so it dropped a monofluid but it was still impressive and a week or so ago I found a Blue Rappy on VHard with my Humar but I killed it at a distance and it only dropped 2000 meseta. I think I remember seeing a Pouilliy slime once in all my games but it didn't drop anything good. But one of my favorite items is my PARASITE WEAR: Negal with 4 attach slots (which I find frequently surprisingly) and the epic God Battle the speed boost really helps in Ultimate mode I used to find them regularly in VHard Mines but I haven't found one since the glitch got hold of my system. I'm glad to see I am not the only DC junkie here http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 11, 2007, 05:10 PM
it's not a glitch, the game sets the drops depending on id. the id on ver.2 determines
-materials (the common ones and the hardest ones to find)
-mag type (a/b)
-non rare weapon type (wich case type weapons will drop more, oran for example shots are rare, daggers are more common)
-wich of the 3 rare non special weapons will drop and wich ones will not drop (for example, oran can find cross scar, blade dance and bloddy art, blody art can even be sold on shops, but i can't find 1 of the mechs....)
-sets a item with an aceptable drop rate, for example pinkal can find 1/2/3/4 or even more holy rays during the playtime, all the others id get insane drop rates, oran can find easily a twin brand, all the other ids get an insane drop rate.....
-sets wich rare items you will find trouout the game difficulties

geomease
Nov 11, 2007, 06:52 PM
On 2007-11-11 14:10, DC_PLAYER wrote:
it's not a glitch, the game sets the drops depending on id. the id on ver.2 determines
-materials (the common ones and the hardest ones to find)
-mag type (a/b)
-non rare weapon type (wich case type weapons will drop more, oran for example shots are rare, daggers are more common)
-wich of the 3 rare non special weapons will drop and wich ones will not drop (for example, oran can find cross scar, blade dance and bloddy art, blody art can even be sold on shops, but i can't find 1 of the mechs....)
-sets a item with an aceptable drop rate, for example pinkal can find 1/2/3/4 or even more holy rays during the playtime, all the others id get insane drop rates, oran can find easily a twin brand, all the other ids get an insane drop rate.....
-sets wich rare items you will find trouout the game difficulties

I know all this I choose my Section ID specifically for the rares I can get. I have a Bluefull ID and I haven't gotten a single Partisan class weapon in over 35 runs from the VHARD Ruins to ultimate difficulty I know about Section ID's and the different rates at which you can pick up certain items. I learned from my mistake with my Pinkal Hucast what I'm saying is the weapons just stopped appearing all together. Even if it were a weapon I couldn't use it would be good to just see one but they just don't appear anymore. Even in VHard runs in the yellow boxes they don't appear. In the Ruins level there are parts of the map that have 7 yellow boxes with 3 being armors and 4 being weapons, I go to those rooms and out of all 7 boxes zero of them will have any weapon contents whatsoever call me crazy but when you open 4 boxes that ares supposed to hold weapons automatically and non of them have any contents at all then there is something wrong. It's not just that I am have a bad luck streak it's that they just up and disappeared. I also own the ver 1 Dreamcast strategy guide (great for memorizing the layouts of maps) and followed the online guides of this very site to a T when picking out a character and still it dosn't matter they just don't appear anymore.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 12, 2007, 03:39 PM
2 things you need to know
1- the big boxes hold specific items, so if you enter a room in ruins with lot's of yellow boxes you will see that they are green dispendable items such as monomates, therefore destroy the ones that give radom items
2-id determines the rarity of NORMAL non rare weapons, don't expect to find a red mechgun just because your id finds mechs more easily

also, check the drop rates on this site, they will help you alot

geomease
Nov 12, 2007, 04:10 PM
On 2007-11-12 12:39, DC_PLAYER wrote:
2 things you need to know
1- the big boxes hold specific items, so if you enter a room in ruins with lot's of yellow boxes you will see that they are green dispendable items such as monomates, therefore destroy the ones that give radom items
2-id determines the rarity of NORMAL non rare weapons, don't expect to find a red mechgun just because your id finds mechs more easily

also, check the drop rates on this site, they will help you alot

You misunderstand I memorized the entire layout of the maps and I know exctly which yellow boxes hold item, weapons and armors and the only yellow boxes that are missing contents are the ones that are supposed to carry weapons it's not that I'm not finding any rare it's that I'm not finding any weapons at all I made 3 runs in VHard Ruins and I got one weapon only and it was a scepter. That means I didn't get a single weapon from any enemy or any box at all except for that low level scepter I know that the odds of getting weapons are low but they are far from that low if you make a Ruins run on any difficulty your bound to get at the very least 5 or 5 weapons but I am lucky to get just one. Oh and I have used the drop rate charts in the past when my game was working properly but it is useless now because I can't get weapons anyway.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 12, 2007, 04:27 PM
that's freaking weird, i find weapons all the time.....try this, go to hard mode and do a run radomly on a zone, tell me if you found weapons, if not then we are talking about a mistery cheat/hack file in the vmu, OR you have the id that finds lot's of armors.....but even so weapons would apear.
question? can you find for example a varista? what about a divinity armor or and armor with 9 or +9 stars.

geomease
Nov 12, 2007, 06:24 PM
On 2007-11-12 13:27, DC_PLAYER wrote:
that's freaking weird, i find weapons all the time.....try this, go to hard mode and do a run radomly on a zone, tell me if you found weapons, if not then we are talking about a mistery cheat/hack file in the vmu, OR you have the id that finds lot's of armors.....but even so weapons would apear.
question? can you find for example a varista? what about a divinity armor or and armor with 9 or +9 stars.

I find armor just fine and I can get weapons all the way up to VHard Mine level 1 but when I get to level 2 they just stop showing up. As for the VMU hack it couldn't be that because I never used any cheat thing on a VMU and I've never been online. The glitch happens on all four of my separate VMU's so I've deduced that it is either a problem with my system (which I doubt) or a problem with the game itself. I believe that is the most likely of the two. I was wondering if I was the only person to have this problem but no one has responded stating that they had a similar problem so I guess it is exclusive to me. It is awfully disappointing because right before it hit I was hitting a real gold mine of common rares (I'd find 2 or 3 RED weapons victor axes and other 9 star weapons quite frequently and often more than one ?SPECIAL WEAPON in one Ultimate Forest run.) It's strange and upsetting.

geomease
Nov 12, 2007, 06:27 PM
On 2007-11-12 13:27, DC_PLAYER wrote:

I find armor just fine and I can get weapons all the way up to VHard Mine level 1 but when I get to level 2 they just stop showing up. As for the VMU hack it couldn't be that because I never used any cheat thing on a VMU and I've never been online. The glitch happens on all four of my separate VMU's so I've deduced that it is either a problem with my system (which I doubt) or a problem with the game itself. I believe that is the most likely of the two. I was wondering if I was the only person to have this problem but no one has responded stating that they had a similar problem so I guess it is exclusive to me. It is awfully disappointing because right before it hit I was hitting a real gold mine of common rares (I'd find 2 or 3 RED weapons victor axes and other 9 star weapons quite frequently and often more than one ?SPECIAL WEAPON in one Ultimate Forest run.) It's strange and upsetting.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 12, 2007, 06:46 PM
so you got to mines and ruins and rares don't show up?
it depends on the rares, if you think just because red handguns are common that rare armors will drop you are mistaken, if you look to the drop rates you will see that the red handgun or a red saber will drop WAY easier then let's say, heaven punisher.
it's a fact, in ruins the only common item is the imperial pick (exept for redria) other then that the drop rates are above 1/100.000, maybe reaching 1 in a million.
beleive me, i have that also but i still keep playing.......maybe one day something rare will drop

geomease
Nov 12, 2007, 07:00 PM
On 2007-11-12 15:46, DC_PLAYER wrote:
so you got to mines and ruins and rares don't show up?
it depends on the rares, if you think just because red handguns are common that rare armors will drop you are mistaken, if you look to the drop rates you will see that the red handgun or a red saber will drop WAY easier then let's say, heaven punisher.
it's a fact, in ruins the only common item is the imperial pick (exept for redria) other then that the drop rates are above 1/100.000, maybe reaching 1 in a million.
beleive me, i have that also but i still keep playing.......maybe one day something rare will drop

I can't get any good weapons anymore because I don't get any on Ultimate mode. Even regular weapons don't show up.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 13, 2007, 01:12 PM
that's impossible, just do 1 thing, at forest 1 in normal gameplay in ultimate, destroy 2 big brown box (forest 1 only has 1 or 2 i beleive)
what items apear? name of the item please.

geomease
Nov 13, 2007, 03:14 PM
On 2007-11-13 10:12, DC_PLAYER wrote:
that's impossible, just do 1 thing, at forest 1 in normal gameplay in ultimate, destroy 2 big brown box (forest 1 only has 1 or 2 i beleive)
what items apear? name of the item please.

In Forest 2 on Ultimate mode I arrive at the section with the bridge you must raise to get the three yellow boxes. The on in front contains an Armor it is a Dragon Frame. The two in the back are supposed to contain weapons, both of those boxes are empty and contain no contents whatsoever. It's like that for just about every box that is supposed to automatically contain weapons. As I said before I memorized the layout of all the maps so I know which yellow boxes contain armors, item and weapons and nly the weapon boxes are missing contents.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 13, 2007, 04:43 PM
something is very wrong there for sure, if those boxes where the big boxes and in fact they where, something is blocking you from finding the 9 or +9 star items.
the only 2 things i know that block it is the quests and a save of a hack program like action replay, but you said you didn't had any of these problems so there must be something i don't know.
did you changed somehow pso disks, a copy for another copy?
i mean, that's really weird and i need to know what?......because that is the game blocking the rares, once you find one, the game instanly removes them, it's noticible in the game but the boxes prove them.
what am i missing here.......?

geomease
Nov 13, 2007, 05:09 PM
On 2007-11-13 13:43, DC_PLAYER wrote:
something is very wrong there for sure, if those boxes where the big boxes and in fact they where, something is blocking you from finding the 9 or +9 star items.
the only 2 things i know that block it is the quests and a save of a hack program like action replay, but you said you didn't had any of these problems so there must be something i don't know.
did you changed somehow pso disks, a copy for another copy?
i mean, that's really weird and i need to know what?......because that is the game blocking the rares, once you find one, the game instanly removes them, it's noticible in the game but the boxes prove them.
what am i missing here.......?

it doesn't just block rares it blocks all usable weapons. Occasionally I'll get like a scepter but I can't even use those and I know it isn't the sec ID because my Hucast Pinkal still blocks all usable weapons and occasionally finds scepters or wand types but even then it is very uncommon like in an entire VCHard Ruins run I'll get maybe one weapon (like a scepter or force only weapon) if I am lucky but there are times I don't get any weapons at all.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 13, 2007, 05:16 PM
that's because the majority of the weapons that drop in those zones are 9 stars, such as varistas, db's sabers........but the game blocks them, i just don't know why

geomease
Nov 13, 2007, 05:57 PM
On 2007-11-13 14:16, DC_PLAYER wrote:
that's because the majority of the weapons that drop in those zones are 9 stars, such as varistas, db's sabers........but the game blocks them, i just don't know why

then why does it block the weapons on VHard Mines and Ruins. 9 Star weapons are still rare even in those stages and I have gotten many regular weapons from there such as calibers, arms, Rippers and Rayguns before the glitch started and even those got deleted it's not exclusively going against rares it's affecting all of the weapons.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
no, caliburs are 5 star weapons, you can find them in ruins or mines, but those last 2 zones mainly drop 9 star weapons, you may findonce in a while a gladius, but when you find 1 gladius your supose to find 20 db's sabers
if you want caliburs or any other weapon to drop do a hard difficulty run, i beleive db's sabers may drop but it will be a rare ocasion, but if you go to ultimate or vhard that's mainly what you find, 9 star items, including armors, units.......

geomease
Nov 13, 2007, 06:39 PM
On 2007-11-13 15:30, DC_PLAYER wrote:
no, caliburs are 5 star weapons, you can find them in ruins or mines, but those last 2 zones mainly drop 9 star weapons, you may findonce in a while a gladius, but when you find 1 gladius your supose to find 20 db's sabers
if you want caliburs or any other weapon to drop do a hard difficulty run, i beleive db's sabers may drop but it will be a rare ocasion, but if you go to ultimate or vhard that's mainly what you find, 9 star items, including armors, units.......

really? Hss it been that long since I've been able to properly play that game because I don't remember getting a lot of 9 star weapons in VHard Ruins and Ultimate mode. Then how does it explain the occasional scepter That I get when making runs. If it is only the rares that are getting deleted how did it come about and how can I fix it? I've never used any cheating devise and I never been online it's just weird...

DC_PLAYER
Nov 13, 2007, 06:59 PM
scepter is what? 4 stars, therefore the game alow it

geomease
Nov 13, 2007, 07:32 PM
On 2007-11-13 15:59, DC_PLAYER wrote:
scepter is what? 4 stars, therefore the game alow it

so what can I do to counter this problem?

DC_PLAYER
Nov 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
now that's a good question....and to be honest i don't have a clue to the problem......
if you said correctly there was a time where you finded lot's of rares and now the rares don't apear, for some unknoun reason the game blocked the rares.
try and burn a new copy of the game.....i'm out of ideas
sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

geomease
Nov 14, 2007, 03:25 PM
On 2007-11-14 08:46, DC_PLAYER wrote:
now that's a good question....and to be honest i don't have a clue to the problem......
if you said correctly there was a time where you finded lot's of rares and now the rares don't apear, for some unknoun reason the game blocked the rares.
try and burn a new copy of the game.....i'm out of ideas
sorry http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I've been looking for another copy for years and haven't found a single one unfortunately. What kind of rares did you get on yours?

DC_PLAYER
Nov 14, 2007, 03:33 PM
it's a big list, maybe a litle off topic.....and it's a big list
check this for ideas
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=KIREEKPSO

geomease
Nov 14, 2007, 05:15 PM
On 2007-11-14 12:33, DC_PLAYER wrote:
it's a big list, maybe a litle off topic.....and it's a big list
check this for ideas
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=KIREEKPSO

that yours? If so I con graduate you on having a Level 200 character and the fact that you whooped the Ultimate De Ra Lei effortlessly in a single attach phase. I had forgotten that finding 9 star rares was so easy on VHard Ruins and such I really miss that. if you have any ideas how to fix it I'd be happy to try maybe it is a problem with my VMU's.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 14, 2007, 06:17 PM
thanks, it took me alot of time to acheive that.
a problem with vmu's? i really don't know.
if you think that maybe the problem, then use the movie about double save to another menory card (for mods, altought it's kinda of a major dupe trick, it cannot be used to obtain benefits on dreamcast)
try that and clean the memory card you had but save the game 1st lol.
if that doesn't work...then i don't know

geomease
Nov 15, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-11-14 15:17, DC_PLAYER wrote:
thanks, it took me alot of time to acheive that.
a problem with vmu's? i really don't know.
if you think that maybe the problem, then use the movie about double save to another menory card (for mods, altought it's kinda of a major dupe trick, it cannot be used to obtain benefits on dreamcast)
try that and clean the memory card you had but save the game 1st lol.
if that doesn't work...then i don't know

I'm actually kinda jealous f you you had several of the weapons I really wanted, namely the imperial pick I had been searching for it before the problem kicked in. and over 1500 hours?!?! Now thats what I call dedication how much of that was online play? I'll try that VMU trick soon. Thanks for all the help it's been good to talk to another DC junkie like myself.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 15, 2007, 03:32 PM
i don't have 1500 hours, maybe one day lol
the imperial pick is avaiable on all ids exept for redria (of all the ids, why did they chose redria...?...>_>...) at the drop rate of 1/46 from merlan.....it is findable......great to look for %
also, don't be jelous, you have also some good weapons......just look at your red saber.....
well, i could not give you anything usefull.....so no thanks are necessary.

geomease
Nov 15, 2007, 04:11 PM
On 2007-11-15 12:32, DC_PLAYER wrote:
i don't have 1500 hours, maybe one day lol
the imperial pick is avaiable on all ids exept for redria (of all the ids, why did they chose redria...?...>_>...) at the drop rate of 1/46 from merlan.....it is findable......great to look for %
also, don't be jelous, you have also some good weapons......just look at your red saber.....
well, i could not give you anything usefull.....so no thanks are necessary.

I have a few RED sabers, one of which is 50% on ABeast and a RED Handgun with 45% Machine but I prefer the RED Daggers with it's insanely high attack accuracy rating and your Daggers seemed to have a certainly high damage percentage against the Dragon (He really isn't all that tough if you have a state/Maintenence) Do you use a God/Battle? It's my favorite equipment attach unit I always wanted a RED Partisan and Mechgun (With such a high damage rating, attack speed and number of hits you could kill just about any boss in only a few bursts) My favorite weapons are the Partisans and Shot class weapons I love taking groups down it makes me happy XD.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 15, 2007, 04:20 PM
altought the recordings where made in my pc, i recorded at 50 hz to obtain colour, a bit hard to get the hang of it but now i'm fine
yes i use god battle, it increased my speed alot.
my red dagger is 35/0/0/35, your red saber is awsome, the only red saber i have is 35/0/0/0,50% hit, and beleive me, it's no where near the imperial pick, if you don't know, imperial pick has 234 ata

geomease
Nov 15, 2007, 04:54 PM
On 2007-11-15 13:20, DC_PLAYER wrote:
altought the recordings where made in my pc, i recorded at 50 hz to obtain colour, a bit hard to get the hang of it but now i'm fine
yes i use god battle, it increased my speed alot.
my red dagger is 35/0/0/35, your red saber is awsome, the only red saber i have is 35/0/0/0,50% hit, and beleive me, it's no where near the imperial pick, if you don't know, imperial pick has 234 ata

damn sounds like it be fun to use. Recently I've been in a Ranger mood so I've been playing my HellstormX8 Greenill Ramar and my new Kakashi Viridia Ramar (I picked the name because if you give him the face mask and silver spiky hair he kinda looks like Kakashi from Naruto -_-) I was hoping to get some good rares early but from what you said it doesn't really matter what difficulty I play on and that it just deletes all the rare drops. I guess I'll hunt down another copy of the game.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 15, 2007, 06:57 PM
or burn one, make a pso copy on a normal cd, the only problem is that some quests freeze or get the black screen of death.

geomease
Nov 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
On 2007-11-15 15:57, DC_PLAYER wrote:
or burn one, make a pso copy on a normal cd, the only problem is that some quests freeze or get the black screen of death.

But if I burn a copy off my bad disk won't the burned game have the same problem.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 16, 2007, 01:22 PM
hmmm, yeah maybe, didn't think about that......

geomease
Nov 17, 2007, 06:46 PM
On 2007-11-16 10:22, DC_PLAYER wrote:
hmmm, yeah maybe, didn't think about that......

since I am all out of options is there anyway to reverse the effects of a rare drop block for games where people tried to use a cheating source. I might as well try every option there is even if they don't apply to me.

DragonStorm
Nov 17, 2007, 11:15 PM
Good God u guys have lots to say to eachother lol

geomease
Nov 18, 2007, 12:01 AM
On 2007-11-17 20:15, DragonStorm wrote:
Good God u guys have lots to say to eachother lol

what can I say it's just good to know that there are people besides me who favor Ver2 and the good old days o0f Dreamcast.

DC_PLAYER
Nov 18, 2007, 07:59 AM
the game is great, has unique features that wants us to play it.
it's logical that when rares disapear, something has happened, and on ver.2 it's very easy to notice and very easy to confirm, when i had a action replay file on my vmu, at the 3rd boss in ultimate, half the boxes where empty........due to that i don't even touch the disks since after i quit it saves a file on my vmu and i don't want that.
the game does not show rares on quests, don't know why sonic team did it, quests are fun to play, but what's the use of a quest that does not have rares?
but this problem completely beats me, the game should have been fine, but it is acting weird and i simply don't know what to do......