PDA

View Full Version : Tips for leveling up?

Rockburn
Jan 3, 2003, 07:55 PM
I read the Guide on this site, but it didnt help much.

Anyone got any GOOD tips on how to level up legitly?
I'm offline for now, but my BBA is on the way.

EsperJ
Jan 3, 2003, 08:05 PM
Try killing two birds with the same stone.

Beat all the offline quests to be able to convert enemy parts into their respective weapons, lvling up at the same time of course..(maybe best doing this on Hard/V Hard)

Unlock various areas on EP one until you're confident enough to begin v hard. Either that or
just keep doing Hard Ruins over and over.

Leave EP 2 alone until you're ready to unlock its stages - (less exp handed out, but good for finding those uber rares.

Many say Fake In Yellow quest is good for lvling on V Hard, and there's also the chance of seeing an AL Rappy.

No other great advice from me really, just keep plugging away i guess ^ ^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EsperJ on 2003-01-03 17:06 ]</font>

PentUpAnger
Jan 3, 2003, 08:11 PM
Native Research quest... on Very Hard you can easily get about 20k exp points within 15 minutes... which isnt a lot, but it can help those levels go by a little faster... plus rares... I always found at least one rare and several materials on every runthrough...

never played it in the lower levels (normal/hard) but I am sure you can get some good exp from it there too

ginko990
Jan 3, 2003, 08:22 PM
Addicting food and soul of blacksmith(forest area).

Cloud_01
Jan 3, 2003, 08:23 PM
If your on Ult. mode play through the forest a couple times. It gives you a ton of experience and doesn't take as long as the Caves, Mines, and Ruins to beat. The Sil Dragon alone gives you like 12,000 exp.

sepphie
Jan 3, 2003, 09:20 PM
Go to ultimate ruins if you can... I hate those gran sorcerors....

Auracom
Jan 4, 2003, 12:20 AM
I used to train in VHard forces but then i stopped leveling up everytime i went. I moved up to ULT Forest but i was too weak, so i started training in Fake in Yellow Quest ULT. I found 5 Pal Rappies. Yeah for me. Then i just beat EP 2 on Norm/Hard/VHard. Now i'm level 101.

MoMoneyMoProblems
Jan 4, 2003, 01:46 AM
Since im lvl 55 as of now, Im doing Unsealed Doors on H. Mode until i get to 60, then Ill be doing Forest Runs on V.Hard. But Unsealed doors is a great way to gain lvls on any difficulty, as you defeat hordes of Mines enemies, then beat the Caves' Boss.

Sol-Invictus
Jan 4, 2003, 03:28 AM
Did any of you guys look at the levels of his characters in his sig?

Elixer
Jan 5, 2003, 01:11 PM
Offline i would say many soul of blacksmith runs and online i enjoy hest sword runs. heat sword is around 50k you do several of those and it makes lvling a little easier

Adduk
Jan 5, 2003, 02:56 PM
he is very low lvl so i would suggest trying to complete the forest Quests Tier 1 and 2

DarkMonger
Jan 13, 2003, 06:17 AM
Stick the pointy end of a stick into the enemy

Phobos-X
Jan 13, 2003, 11:09 AM
once you reach lvl 20, go online and do the Heat Sword quest

polishedweasel
Jan 13, 2003, 01:00 PM
The way I level up my weaker characters, play multiplayer with a bigger stronger player, go to mines or ruins on the appropriate difficulty, play with a spread, sword, or Rafoi the hell out of everything. Then let the bigger character wipe everything out. This is how me and Dark Monger level. It works out very well. (Rei is a homo.)

The Weasel

DarkMonger
Jan 14, 2003, 06:03 AM
On 2003-01-13 10:00, polishedweasel wrote:
The way I level up my weaker characters, play multiplayer with a bigger stronger player, go to mines or ruins on the appropriate difficulty, play with a spread, sword, or Rafoi the hell out of everything. Then let the bigger character wipe everything out. This is how me and Dark Monger level. It works out very well. (Rei is a homo.)

The Weasel

Yes Luis it does work out well. except that me and you are both the strongerst of our group, and when we both are trying to level we got no "big" teammates to count on. But thats ok since we got supream team work(i kill everything you take all the pick ups). Unlike anyone else in the group who lacks skill in PSO. oh and Luis tell Vicki i said hi, k. (Luis takes it up the ass)

Malecite
Jan 14, 2003, 09:19 AM
Hello.

Lately I found a pair of "Kings Vulcan" so.... well basically this works for me.

1. You have to be able to equip them (duh)
2. Go to the forest and wait until you find a devil ape (this is on ultimate). He'lll jump at you and hurt you ect.
3. lead him towards the entrance/exit of the room.
4. Taunt him by coming in and out and eventually his back will be turned walking away from you.NOte: you have to get him stuck this way (its easy to do).
5. Now for the fun part.
6.Inch towards him till you can shoot him in the back without him noticing!.
7. Moniter the exp, after 4000 pipe back into town and pipe back down and repeat steps 1-6.

So far ive found that i get 6 hits which = 150 exp each combo. When you think about how long it takes to actually kill enemies on ultimate this system works extremely well for the first bit. Ive gained about 10 levels in an hour doing it this way so my RAcast is on lvl 71 from 61 coming into ultimate.
Hope this helps.

Later

Atax
Jan 14, 2003, 10:19 AM
On 2003-01-14 06:19, Malecite wrote:

2. Go to the forest and wait until you find a devil ape (this is on ultimate). He'lll jump at you and hurt you ect.

They're called Hidelt.

Malecite
Jan 14, 2003, 11:37 AM
heh I know but I prefer to call them devil apes because I hate them sooo much. My favorite scenario is in the temple when I run in to the one they somehow jam into that tiny coridor. He punches me and I sigh and kill him laughing all the way. Aside from "milking" the apes the mothvats or work well (you know the giant wasp spitting flower thingy). Since the mothvats just sit there and take it after the bugs are destroyed.