PDA

View Full Version : Soul Calibur Thread

Siegfried
Jan 3, 2003, 08:01 PM
I've been moved by this game sooo much that I've devoted a little bit of myself to it. I declare this the "Soul Calibur Thread". I'm surprised there hasn't been one aleady.

Post your favorite things about it, what spraked your interests towards it or Soul Edge, thoughts on the upcoming Soul Calibur 2 for GCN and other systems, and anything else.

There's one thing about SC2 that is going to cheese me. Siegfried is only going to be a costume of Nightmare. Correct me if I'm wrong, but hat's the last I've heard about my favorite character (Check name, heh)

Zweihander Requiem for life!

:unknown smiley:

LamerPanda
Jan 3, 2003, 08:15 PM
Yeah, I looked up the bios and Siegfried (er... SP? heh) went evil again. Sort of strange.

My favorite characters are Seung Mina and Lizardman, but apparently they aren't in SC2. o_o *weep, weep*

At least Taki's still in it, she's my 3rd favorite. It's so much fun to annoy people by flipping over their heads, charging them, and then flipping again before they get to strike back.

I'll still miss Seung Mina's "Opening Treasure" move, though. =/

neko-chan
Jan 3, 2003, 08:20 PM
Taki ownz.

Actually, apart the technical excellence of SC, the main thing that kept me glued on the chair playing this game was the Mission Mode. Since I only play alone, SC is the first beat'em up at which I spent a decent amount of hours thanks the the Mission Mode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-01-15 08:24 ]</font>

Siegfried
Jan 3, 2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I played the Kunputeak Shrine mission over and ove getting lke 350 to 400 points per run, and purchased all the paintigs. Low and behold, there is a hidden art gallery you unlock after getting everything else. So, it looks like I'll use Inferno to rack up some points now.

watashiwa
Jan 3, 2003, 09:37 PM
I love it so much I found it in PSO. ;0;

http://www.pioneer2.net/loveit.jpg

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jan 3, 2003, 09:59 PM
I LOVE the Conquest mode in the arcade version. It's so interesting to be on a team and have a computer representation of you....

CajunSamurai
Jan 3, 2003, 11:26 PM
On 2003-01-03 18:37, watashiwa wrote:
I love it so much I found it in PSO. ;0;

http://www.pioneer2.net/loveit.jpg

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I thought we (me and my crazy companions) were the only ones that went looking for those. That was Sunaj's purpose of playing Version 1 until V2 was released, in fact. It was hilarious when we finally found one. Since then, I think we've found at least 2 more.

My favorite thing about SC? Seung Mina, of course!
Otherwise, it's my favorite fighting game of all time.

Whatley
Jan 4, 2003, 05:15 AM
When I first started playing SC on DC Kilik was my favorite. After playing for a while I liked Mitsuragi and Siegfried too.

Then when I got good with everyones moves(knowing how to do some of the main moves of each char) I started using Edge Master and Inferno a lot.

Highest I got on survivor was 62 with Kilik.

I am hoping to get to play SC2 on either GC or PS2. I think it is more likely to be on GC because Namco has Tekken on PS2.

Sapphire87
Jan 4, 2003, 12:25 PM
Siegfried's Venice stage is breathtaking and easily the most impressive background I've ever seen on a fighting game. Speaking of catchy PSO weapon names, anyone ever find a Heart Breaker, or Fire Arms, or Fill Sawcer, or Arrest Assault?

rena-ko
Jan 4, 2003, 02:36 PM
got pretty good with mitsurugi, currently working on kilik and siegfried - so far every mission solved (that was some really hard work - and helped me to improve with mitsurugi against cpu)... hm, what else? its still fun to play, and thats pretty good for a fighting game, when you consider i play 1player most of the time.
hmhm.

BoUnCeR
Jan 4, 2003, 03:32 PM
yeah I also completed the mission mode it was awesome... my fav chars are Kilik Seung Mina and Ivy (I think that's her name... haven't played it for a long time now). IMO, Soul Calibur 2 can have only one oponnent, Tao Feng. Lets see what we'll get http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Raist
Jan 4, 2003, 08:06 PM
my favorite char is Ivy, love the sword whip. when exactly is SC2 supposed to come out around??

Nidarrock
Jan 15, 2003, 10:48 AM
Here is some juicy info on the xtra Characters in SC II.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2908798,00.html

I really can't remember what it was that got me into this series but I love it...so far. Soul Blade is still my favorite and it has, in my opinion, one of the BEST intro's EVER!!! The music throughout the whole game was great with three different soundtracks! I liked how the Japanese fighter spoke Japanese while the others spoke Engilsh. Would be nice to see in SC II that each character spoke in thier native language. Plus I liked how each of the main fighters were taken from some peice of history(look in the strategy guide), which was very interesting. As for me I like to play as Taki.

As much as I'm excited for the sequal I'm just not as excited for it as I was for SC. I wish they continued to go a more realistic approach to the characters but after seeing some screens and playing the arcade they seemed to be a little more anime(but not a lot). But such a small(and I mean small) gripe will not ruin it or stop me from buying it and having a blast playing it. Plus after reading that article I think the replay value will be very, very good. I think I've rambled on enough.

ChronoTrigga_Lost
Jan 15, 2003, 12:18 PM
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken series) = PS2
Spawn = X-box
Link = Gamecube...

I can't wait to play as Spawn.

haterade
Jan 15, 2003, 02:29 PM
Ivy owns you all.

http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/ivy-anim.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: haterade on 2003-01-15 11:32 ]</font>

Nidarrock
Jan 15, 2003, 02:41 PM
If only it was online I would love to argue that! That's the major disapointment of SC II. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Deathscythealpha
Jan 15, 2003, 04:31 PM
I LOVE SOUL BLADE/CALIBUR!

Uh-hum, over excited.

I played the Soul series since my local comic shop got in the original Soul Edge arcade unit (my local comic shop had its own mini arcade! it was cool untill the replaced it with t-shirts). As soon as i had saved up for a PSX, i got Soul Blade (whats with the name change anyway?) and proceded to own anyone who played against me with Siegfried. Sadly this caused people to not want to ever play me at this game ever again...

I got Soul Calibur a month after it came out here in the UK, and got it for 15 pounds when i traded in a copy of Pen Pen Tri-icelon whihc i had bought for 10 pounds. Me and my cousin have reguler bouts at it still, me just obliterating everyone with Cervantes (my fave character) and Mitsurugi. My cousin can get his own back when he starts playing as Maxi or Kilik though...

I ven had a mini tournement against my friends a couple of months ago. Undisputed winner with Cervantes. My mate Matt was extremely pissed and now he demands games of SC to try and beat me. Oh how i laughed when he nearly had me, but flipped out of the ring while trying to pull off a special move right at the last couple of seconds of the match.

I cant wait to play with the new Cervantes (he is in SC2 right? If he isnt ill cry)

Kent
Jan 15, 2003, 05:26 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2003/news/01/15/soulcalibur2/sc2gc_screen010.jpg

Kick-Ass.

They even remembered that Link is a lefty!

RavenTW
Jan 15, 2003, 10:11 PM
SC2 ROX! Every time I go to my mall I play Conquest mode. Right now I'm a Platinum Squire with 103 or so Wins and 90 or so losses (lousy other players). I'm playing with kilik.

Yeah Alpha, the 'ole cap of the Adrian is back, and more grousome than ever. I own with his dash trick (too bad you could only do it 3 times on SE), and I'm getting the hang od blocking that stupid ariel attack of his, where he dissapears and then comes down on you.

Also, each console gets a cool dude called Necrid. He's kinda like Lizardman, only he stands erect, his swords bigger, and his sheild is a pair of horns. Wish I had the Xbox version so I could unlock Spawn. PS2 players get screwed with Heihachi (he's dead before he can get in and throw a punch! And what does he block with, his hands? He'll likely take damage from that *remembers SE*)

Deathscythealpha
Jan 16, 2003, 05:29 PM
On 2003-01-15 19:11, RavenTW wrote:

Yeah Alpha, the 'ole cap of the Adrian is back, and more grousome than ever. I own with his dash trick (too bad you could only do it 3 times on SE), and I'm getting the hang od blocking that stupid ariel attack of his, where he dissapears and then comes down on you.

Woo, cant wait to kick more peoples ass' with Cervantes. Just hope they havent messed about with his moves.

RavenTW
Jan 16, 2003, 08:59 PM
Well, his dash (Down+back, then B/Triangle/Y) is slower as it charges up, but that's in relation to SE. And now there's no meter to drain energy using the attack!