PDA

View Full Version : fsod fsod fsod......

googles
Jan 3, 2003, 08:42 PM
im so sick of this !@#$ing fsods! Ive lost count of how many ive had. Maybe around 20 since december 26? Why the hell isent st fixing this >_< Were all paying for a crap service. We still got the !@#$ing xmas theme up. But they update it on the jp servers? (least we can still find st rappys tho http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) Im gonna play on the jp servers for a while and see if iget as many fsods.....

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif

Karsh
Jan 3, 2003, 08:48 PM
No, the Japanese got a whole seperate disk to fix it. I think they may be translating it or something, or working on it for USA. And, strangely, I've never got a FSOD in my life o_O And I played since the second day this was out..All I've ever got was corruptions. -_-

Codester
Jan 3, 2003, 09:03 PM
I've had 2 FSOD since the 25th, and both when trying to enter crowded lobbys. I don't find it that big of a deal. Anything important that I don't have equiped, I still in the bank before I leave.

As for the decorations, the Christmas decor was still up at 2:00 AM on Jan. 2.

neko-chan
Jan 3, 2003, 09:06 PM
Are you on PPPoE?

Because I am and I'm getting at least two BSODs per night. Annoying... but I have not lost anything important, just fluids and moons. What's frustrating is that I can keep on my chara just equipped items. -_-;;;

I'd like to bring on the battle field more than one weapon, but I fear to loose the non-equipped one. u.u;;;

Bluedeath
Jan 3, 2003, 09:18 PM
poor googles

AzureBlaze
Jan 4, 2003, 12:28 AM
I would give a good 75% chance to you that it's because of crowded lobbies.

I used to get FSODs more then I'd like as well--any at all, (but not in-game ones)until I discovered what caused it for me. If you havn't got some other technical problem that's doing it, I would blame it on the programming which is supposed to 'bump you up' one lobby when a particular blocks' first, second, or third lobby is full. This dosn't always seem to work when arriving in the lobby from some where else, or returning to the lobby after a game. I think they didn't do this right, and instead of moving you up, sometimes it malfunctions and you freeze instead.

The best way to prevent it is to stay out of any crowded ship...but if you like to go there, just bank your stuff, get to the desired destination, then immedeatly go up to a soccer lobby, or one of the higher ones, and enter a game from there. When you leave, there's no danger of crowds. I havn't FSOD since.

googles
Jan 4, 2003, 12:55 AM
On 2003-01-03 21:28, AzureBlaze wrote:
I would give a good 75% chance to you that it's because of crowded lobbies.

I used to get FSODs more then I'd like as well--any at all, (but not in-game ones)until I discovered what caused it for me. If you havn't got some other technical problem that's doing it, I would blame it on the programming which is supposed to 'bump you up' one lobby when a particular blocks' first, second, or third lobby is full. This dosn't always seem to work when arriving in the lobby from some where else, or returning to the lobby after a game. I think they didn't do this right, and instead of moving you up, sometimes it malfunctions and you freeze instead.

The best way to prevent it is to stay out of any crowded ship...but if you like to go there, just bank your stuff, get to the desired destination, then immedeatly go up to a soccer lobby, or one of the higher ones, and enter a game from there. When you leave, there's no danger of crowds. I havn't FSOD since.

good idea...im gonna start going to lobby 10 or somthin before i join a game..i think your right.

hucasts_rock
Jan 4, 2003, 01:05 AM
I've had 75-110 FSODs since I started playing PSO in November...haven't lost much though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

sepphie
Jan 4, 2003, 01:29 AM
Here's something that scared me like no other. My friend was over... he plays pso, but not online and he gives me his rare items.. He found a viridia card upon his 200th hour of play. He gave me all of his good rares and I went to play online. I get on, and put viridia card for trade up on hotkey... I get a few hits, but nothing good's coming.. and out of nowhere... BAM!! FSOD.. I about started to cry.. but I didn't lose it.. Mostly though, fsod's don't bother me.. I traded the viridia card for my NUG

Maverynthia
Jan 4, 2003, 01:41 AM
i only got one FSOD and lost nothing...they put you in Lobby 2 for a reason.......to move to lobby one you take your own chances...

googles
Jan 4, 2003, 02:16 AM
On 2003-01-03 22:29, sepphie wrote:
Here's something that scared me like no other. My friend was over... he plays pso, but not online and he gives me his rare items.. He found a viridia card upon his 200th hour of play. He gave me all of his good rares and I went to play online. I get on, and put viridia card for trade up on hotkey... I get a few hits, but nothing good's coming.. and out of nowhere... BAM!! FSOD.. I about started to cry.. but I didn't lose it.. Mostly though, fsod's don't bother me.. I traded the viridia card for my NUG

ahhh...yeah if you havent joined a game yet, you dont lose anything in fsod...that would really suck if you lost it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif