PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Vs. XIII [No, no new information here]

Out_Kast
Nov 10, 2007, 12:32 PM
The trailer for FF Vs. XIII is sending a huge KHII-ending-style shudder down my spine.
I can see myself playing this a whole lot more than FFXIII.

Saner
Nov 12, 2007, 10:48 PM
blah. versus is using the same dark emo gimmick Nomura has abused in the past. heck he might as well call the main character Riku or Sephirothis. =P guy protagonists are too predictable and shallow these days.

the original XIII has 100% more promising potential. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Out_Kast
Nov 13, 2007, 01:46 PM
You can't deny it looks fantastic, though.
That's the sort of game genre that really interests me...
XIII itself does look extremely good too. I'm after both, but...
Why the hell is Agito XIII being released on Mobile Phone?? >_>

Saner
Nov 13, 2007, 03:12 PM
cause SE is retarded like that. portable systems are a last resort for low budget products to make quick money off of big franchises (think how much larger, longer and cooler Crisis Core could have been on PS2).

Mobile Phones especially are a notorious resource to sell their big name products in a really cheap way.

they feel putting Final Fantasy title on a mobile phone as a game and it would sell without having to spend much on development.
but the quality ends up being trash. imagine if FFVersusXIII was released on a mobile phone or portable system, how stupid would that be?

They are milking the XIII brand more so than any other past FF in history. just cause a mobile phone user got a FF game with a XIII on it doesn't mean it's even worth playing.

I think the whole Fabula Nova Crystalis project is just a big cash cow stragety to create a quality game (FFXIII), then recycle its world, elements, etc. and create sidestories/sequels/spinoffs that are even more half-assed than the other secondary projects.

the difference is that unlike FFX-2, which came out like a year after FFX, they are creating multiple FFXIII games to monopolize their earnings almost all at once. the FFXIII extra games are fanservice at its most ambitious, yet delusional scope.

maybe versus can almost match the quality and size of FFXIII, but the rest like Agito are just leftovers to make extra money the cheapest way possible.

Out_Kast
Nov 13, 2007, 05:15 PM
You're obviously pretty annoyed about that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
As for Crisis Core, yeah. A PS2 version would be preferable, but... seing as that's not going to happen.
I'm thinking KHIII (or rather the next 3 KH games), they're all coming out on portable systems - 358/2 = DS, BbS = PSP & Coded = Mobile Phone (again >_>). Sure, they're not the next major KH game, but they'd still be a lot better on a home console than a portable.
Then again, so would everything else.
And all the Agito characters look well designed, and their outfits are, well... whack http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
And I don't even have a mobile phone, so I've got no chance of playing that.
But, I suppose that's the way of the world. If someone can make money out of you, they'll do it to an extreme degree.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

mariwan
Nov 14, 2007, 03:18 PM
On 2007-11-13 12:12, Saner wrote:
cause SE is retarded like that. portable systems are a last resort for low budget products to make quick money off of big franchises (think how much larger, longer and cooler Crisis Core could have been on PS2).

Mobile Phones especially are a notorious resource to sell their big name products in a really cheap way.

they feel putting Final Fantasy title on a mobile phone as a game and it would sell without having to spend much on development.
but the quality ends up being trash. imagine if FFVersusXIII was released on a mobile phone or portable system, how stupid would that be?

They are milking the XIII brand more so than any other past FF in history. just cause a mobile phone user got a FF game with a XIII on it doesn't mean it's even worth playing.

I think the whole Fabula Nova Crystalis project is just a big cash cow stragety to create a quality game (FFXIII), then recycle its world, elements, etc. and create sidestories/sequels/spinoffs that are even more half-assed than the other secondary projects.

the difference is that unlike FFX-2, which came out like a year after FFX, they are creating multiple FFXIII games to monopolize their earnings almost all at once. the FFXIII extra games are fanservice at its most ambitious, yet delusional scope.

maybe versus can almost match the quality and size of FFXIII, but the rest like Agito are just leftovers to make extra money the cheapest way possible.

play the game first then say it sucks or not?