PDA

View Full Version : PSO on 360

mswa929
Nov 10, 2007, 07:25 PM
Is there anyway to get PSO episodes 1&2 to work on the xbox 360? When I boot it up it says it does not support the game and that there may be an available update. Has anyone gotten the game to work on the 360?

Getintothegame
Nov 10, 2007, 07:27 PM
It won't work. It'll take an update from Microsoft:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

Maybe after this fall update? Heh. Chances are slim, considering they haven't taken Xbox PSO out of Christmas mode for a few years. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sinue_v2
Nov 11, 2007, 09:10 PM
The downside of PSO on the 360, is that even if you migrate your Gamertag - you can't migrate your characters.

If they were to put PSO on the 360, they should just port Blue Burst and make it an Arcade game. Free to download, but costs a monthly fee to play. Or they could just do away with the monthly fee and charge 1,800 points.

D1ABOLIK
Nov 12, 2007, 03:04 AM
Even if they made it backwards compatible and i lost all my data and had to start over it would still be a million times better than the closest thing i have now(PSU).Even if it was offline only PSO is still way better than PSU in every way.The sooner they make it compatible the sooner i cancel my guardians license and throw my PSU disc out the window.Which is why they probably will never make it compatible.

________
PANTHER PLATFORM (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Panther_platform)

HedKandi
Nov 16, 2007, 10:04 PM
I totally agree with the sentiments here, PSO is the better game and always will be, but will they bring it over to 360? If Sega and MS have any sense, then yes they should, but i believe the reason why they have not done so yet is so that they can allow the PSU userbase to grow.

Although there isn't any indication that MS will bring PSO to 360, there is a glimmer of hope in so much that why else would they keep the servers active on the Xbox version? I think it's because they must have plans for it for the future otherwise im sure they would have shut the servers down by now.

I still have faith it will come... I would dearly love to see a PSP version as well, that would also be a dream come true..

zandra117
Nov 19, 2007, 11:20 PM
On 2007-11-19 17:42, Clumsyorchid wrote
I think Xbox PSO is on the out too, but the formal announcement has not been made yet. Just any FYI.

http://boards2.sega.com/psobb_board/viewtopic.php?p=935014#935014

Taris
Nov 21, 2007, 11:46 AM
On 2007-11-16 19:04, HedKandi wrote:
I totally agree with the sentiments here, PSO is the better game and always will be, but will they bring it over to 360? If Sega and MS have any sense, then yes they should, but i believe the reason why they have not done so yet is so that they can allow the PSU userbase to grow.

Although there isn't any indication that MS will bring PSO to 360, there is a glimmer of hope in so much that why else would they keep the servers active on the Xbox version? I think it's because they must have plans for it for the future otherwise im sure they would have shut the servers down by now.

I still have faith it will come... I would dearly love to see a PSP version as well, that would also be a dream come true..

The Xbox/GameCube versions of PSO would be feasible as a download onto a 360. They don't take up hage amounts of space. ESPCECIALLY compared now to the "Xbox Originals" downloads. Hell, even a port of Blue Burst would be feasible for people who own the "dinky little" hard drive. But since I doubt Sega would start "official" servers for such a thing, you'd be stuck with player-side data saving again ("OMG HAX") and probably some sort of peer-to-peer-only "lobbies" via local hosting...no Sega lobbies.

The PSP disks could probably handle it too, but it's the same story as above when it comes to online play.

This leads to one more "sticky wicket"...no way in HELL would Sega allow us to play PSO for "free" (past the price of game download) on a system when PSU is out. This carries to the PSP, too, I'd imagine if you payed for a PSP, you prolly also have a PS2 as well, and PSU's out for that, so same story.

Trust me, I'm on the same wavelength when it comes to the idea of PSO as a download for Xbox Live, it'd be a thrilling prospect. Hell, if Microsoft is all for the full download of Xbox 1 titles with full online support when those games had it, wouldn't PSO be a fun thing to see up there, too? Again, thrilling prospect. Which is exactly why I don't think Sega would ever be bothered with it. (sad clow face here.)