PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Computer as Router!! HELP!!PLZ

oxxjuniorxxo
Jan 3, 2003, 11:01 PM
OK here is the thing. I have a wireless connection and no way to hook the Gamecube up with a cord. So My computer is hooked up using a wireless Linksys Hub, and that is upstairs. I am wanting to know if it is possible to use the other netcard(Ethernet) card as a router for my Gamecube. I am currently running Windows XP, and I know everything I need to know about it....Except this...
Thanks for all of the input that is given to me.

BTW I was able to get online with PSO at my dads house via cord from modem...

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 4, 2003, 12:04 AM
I hope you have a gamecube BBA. If you already have a router in your network, I'd just bridge the wireless and ethernet connections in windows XP. That's like a hub, but not a router. Probably need crossover (not patch) cable between gamecube and computer. If bridging the connection doesn't work, you'll have to use ICS. I'm no good at that :3

oxxjuniorxxo
Jan 4, 2003, 01:08 AM
ok, well Ill try to bridge it. Someone also mentioned setting up the NON wireless connector(broadband) to have a private port for the gamecube, and he was a great help, but I have had no luck with that so far. Well, im gonna give this 30 more mins, then ICS I will try.

Another thing....What is a crossover connector thingy. I hear alot about that just never figured out that the thing is.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 4, 2003, 01:43 AM
Gotta use crossover cable between PC and GC, or else data won't flow in the correct direction. Crossover cat5e ethernet cable, nyao.