PDA

View Full Version : Choosing between Forces

danmaku
Nov 11, 2007, 07:50 PM
I played through the first version of PSO on the DC with a HUmar...got to level 100 and was fairly satisfied with the character. Now, I'm getting into Blue Burst for the PC and want to try a Force character. I was thinking FOmar, but I was wondering what you guys think.

D-type_Ranger
Nov 11, 2007, 08:04 PM
Fomar is pretty good,you can melee with him easy if you read yourself a guide,he has a Gi-spell boost so if you have a amplifier of Gi-Foie,use it when you fight Del Ro Le and it'll be a snap.I have a lv.17 Fomar and I'm satisfied so far,even without a Mag he's pretty powerful.I recommed you getting a Purplenum character to VH and get 2 GOD/MINDS for the FOmar,Mine has them and it helps a LOT.But I haven't Over-boosted his spells because of the sever TP increase and he has no Tp-regen unless it comes from an armor or unit.Well,if you do make it,Good luck with it.

m3talh4wk
Nov 12, 2007, 11:02 AM
On 2007-11-11 17:04, D-type_Ranger wrote:
I recommed you getting a Purplenum character to VH and get 2 GOD/MINDS for the FOmar,Mine has them and it helps a LOT.

you dont need purplenum to get god/minds for your force. you can give your force a pinkal ID as well and bring him to VH lillies in caves and still get god/minds

Jaspaller
Nov 12, 2007, 11:08 AM
FOmar's are more melee based attackers rather than forcey. You can try going melee if you want but it's a LOT tougher than a HUmar. Start off with getting a Soul Eater. As well as that you may want to create two different mags... one that is a melee character's type of mag, and one that is a force's mag so you can do whichever you want.

I don't recommend doing a mixed mag... Mixed mags IMO aren't all that great (I mean as in a mag with stats to POW/DEX AND MIND.

If you want to play a half attacker, half spell type of character FOmar (or even FOmarl) is the way to go. If you want to go spell crazy then a FOnewm or FOnewearl is better.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-11-12 08:10 ]</font>

EphekZ
Nov 12, 2007, 02:21 PM
If you play FOmar, like Jaspaller said, Get a power mag and a mind mag. On the power mag you should make the stats 5/145/50/0. You also can get a nidra if you have the right section ID. For the force mag, just try and level mind only. I suggest asking a friend if you can borrow one, everyone has one.
Regardless of class, a good starting ID is Redria. You can get force weapons, melee weapons, units, and sheilds. So you can help all of your next classes. One unit that's, pretty much, exclusive to redria is God/battle You can get this right when you hit ultimate from a hildelt so it's really easy and a very good unit. Also keep an eye out for Heavenly/battle but that's from EP4.

As for melee, get your hands on a soul eater right away. You'll need to also get some ATP and ATA units, since at low levels FOmar is very lacking.

For mind, you really just need a good mag.

I almost forgot, once you hit ultimate, or any area that's too difficult for you as melee, try teching for a bit, tech until you feel that you're high enough level to start meleeing again.

FOmarl, same rules apply as FOmar.

FOnewm and FOnewearal, just needs a good mag.

Splash
Nov 13, 2007, 01:51 AM
If you want to try using a Force, consider these questions:

-What are you expecting from your Force while playing as him/her (think long term)?
-What kind of role do you want it to play as (offense or support)?
-What kind of battle style do you want it to play like (melee or casting)?

If you honestly want to melee, I would suggest using a Ranger first and see how you fare with them. Forces have insanely low ATP and ATA, so if you are struggling to clear rooms with a Ranger, you will struggle meleeing with a Force character.

wheatsolo
Nov 13, 2007, 05:40 PM
From what I have seen of forces its really tough desicion for which one to play. My body yearns to say FOmarl is the best because they are the hardest to kill. And extra damage isn't all that important compared to surviving one hit kills (and they have a nice grant and red ring ricos stuff).

Now FOmar, the one you were thinking about choosing along with everyone else when the class was first introduced, is really tempting. Your like wow! It's a force class that is good melee (which it is actually. a power mag, buffs/debuffs, and a battle unit and def units make it pretty good), but its so bad. There ATA is so low, along with their def, and their HP. Really there the worst (because gi spells aren't that good. GIfoie is nice except it has a much slower cast rate then RAfoie. GIbarta has the same problem in its relationship to RAbarta. Now GIzonde is just awesome when it gets to about level 10 hits alot of targest, has a cast speed only slightly slower then zonde, and has range), except for one thing. That's right only one thing. Faster cast rate. Oh yeah. You can spam cast almost any enemy into submission with foie, barta, or zonde/gizonde. GIfoie is still useful and at a boss, nothing beats there super fast spam of <insert spell here>. Remember to not use a weapon or else you lose the bonus.

Fonewerals I want to say are the best because they have good simple spells. Just use a simple merger, with one of the 9 star canes and your golden. Also nice tp. . .

Fonewems are not bad. RAfoie and RAbarta are just stupid good. RAzonde is eh. . . There pretty good. I would put them in the middle.

Really there impossible to rank because there all so different. I'm serious when I say don't play a FOmar. They're really frustrating. I would reccomend making either a FOmarl or a FOneweral as your force or. . . Making a hunter and then supplying any force with goodies.

VPudding
Nov 13, 2007, 09:30 PM
UGHHHH!!!!! I have always had this problem!! I can never chose between FOmar and FOnewm!! In the end I chose mine to be a FOnewm because I think a true force should have as must TP and MST as posible. (although FOnewmarl's have the most, I wanted a guy). At first FOmar's are stronger and better, but at high levels, you're going to regret not chosing FOnewm if you really like spells. (I learned this the hard way). Yes I like the FOmar's clothes better, but I like FOnewm's better in the end.

Illywei
Nov 19, 2007, 06:08 PM
I, myself dont like hunters with guns (unless needed....Ex. bosses), rangers with sabers and such, and forces with melee. If ur gunna make a force go all the way with him (or her O.o) i suggest going Fonewearl and use only spells.

Splash
Nov 20, 2007, 05:19 AM
On 2007-11-13 14:40, wheatsolo wrote:
Now FOmar, the one you were thinking about choosing along with everyone else when the class was first introduced, is really tempting. Your like wow! It's a force class that is good melee (which it is actually. a power mag, buffs/debuffs, and a battle unit and def units make it pretty good), but its so bad. There ATA is so low, along with their def, and their HP. Really there the worst (because gi spells aren't that good. GIfoie is nice except it has a much slower cast rate then RAfoie. GIbarta has the same problem in its relationship to RAbarta. Now GIzonde is just awesome when it gets to about level 10 hits alot of targest, has a cast speed only slightly slower then zonde, and has range), except for one thing. That's right only one thing. Faster cast rate. Oh yeah. You can spam cast almost any enemy into submission with foie, barta, or zonde/gizonde. GIfoie is still useful and at a boss, nothing beats there super fast spam of <insert spell here>. Remember to not use a weapon or else you lose the bonus.
So many things true, yet just as many things false.

If you are going to use the FOmar just to spam Foie, Zonde and Barta, you might as well make a FOnewearl because they get the most out of it.

The whole point of FOmars is to get some decent melee skills in, while still maintaining the style of Forces. Sure, he has low DFP and low HP, making him get thrown around for a while, but what he makes up is ATP power. He has the highest ATP of the Forces, barring at a max of 1002. Look at it carefully. 1002. That is near close to a RAcaseal's max ATP, meaning that it can almost do just as much damage as the RAcaseal when using melee weapons. His max ATA is horrid, but he can make that up with hit weapons.

As for his techs, he plays both offense and support role, thanks to his bonus for Gi-techs and Grants and double Shifta and Deband range. The Gi-techs and Grants allow for offense damage, the double Shifta and Deband range can help teammates that surround you. Likewise, since the Shifta and Deband helps yourself also, it will set your ATP and DFP power higher to perhaps not get knocked over by most of the monsters attacks. In speed, the simple techs will always be faster than the normal techs and the normal techs would always be faster than the hard techs. Gizonde is by far a very fast tech, Gifoie does superbly high damage compared to Rafoie or Foie, and Gibarta freezes a row of monsters like if they got a cold or something. The only downside to Gi-techs besides Gifoie is the radius of it which only strikes in front of you and not the back or sides of it. But considering the bonus, the FOmar should be able to kill them all beforehand anyways.

ashaz
Nov 22, 2007, 02:07 PM
i love being a FOmar! all you need to do is get yourself and awesome melee weapon, with a mag that raises mind and def, and get yourself a long range weapon with TP leeching abilities, and you're good to go