PDA

View Full Version : Adahna Degahna Strategy: Help needed

Smallredbox
Nov 12, 2007, 03:16 PM
There is an attack that this boss does, where with his left hand opening up, shoots one missile at the character at high speed.
(this attack is not to be confused with the small barage of easily dodgeable missle attack he does)

This attack ALWAYS One-hit KOs my character

Is it possible to dodge this attack?(without using a scape) Just running to either side or running away doesnt help much.

The only thing that I can do it seems, is to run closer to the boss (after he teleports: this is when he usually does it: when I am farther away) All this does is preventing him from using that attack in the first place

I've beent hinking about getting some light armor made
Midiline with Light% Would this really help out against this guy?

(I have the rappy armor, just can use it for a long long time)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Smallredbox on 2007-11-12 12:17 ]</font>

Rasputin
Nov 12, 2007, 03:20 PM
Equip a God/Hp... o wait.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:28 PM
Light armor. As high a percent as you can get.

Bastard STILL one-shots me with a 32% Light armor (Rainbow counted) and at 100/10. *sigh*

BanF
Nov 12, 2007, 03:37 PM
I've dodged it, so it is possible. You can actually tell when it's about to fire it, so breaking to a side run at the proper moment will work, it just takes practice.

Also, when fighting the thing, specially with Strike weapons, get its back. Instawin.

darkante
Nov 12, 2007, 03:40 PM
Itīs very easy to make it spin for a very long period until it breaks free by teleporting.
Just get in his back and blast away! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:42 PM
*notes something about FTs and not having lock-on and so forth*

*mentions something about Damumegid snidely, then goes back to eating*

JAFO22000
Nov 12, 2007, 03:48 PM
FT's do have a lock on. It's called Nosdiga. Just stand behind him in the little "nook" and start casting. It automatically tracks, so in a sense, it's a "lock on". It doesn't matter which way you are facing, all three shots will hit him. Works well for this fight.

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 03:49 PM
I meant the Fighter-only lock-on that lets you "dance" with Adahna and stay perfectly behind him, actually. If I wanted a lock-on spell, I'd use Nosuzonde.

JAFO22000
Nov 12, 2007, 03:54 PM
Yes, Nosdiga lets you do just that. While the fighters are in the "nook" behind him spamming spear pa's, I'm in that same nook casting Nosdiga over and over again.

I suppose Noszonde would work as well, but you'd probably end up doing less damage as Noszonde has to lead straight outward before tracking. But it would work.

biggabertha
Nov 12, 2007, 04:12 PM
Some PAs don't let you stay behind him, most notably are the ones that "jump" an incredible distance like Gravity Dance, Bogga Danga, Anga Dugrega but things like Dus Daggas, Anga Redda and Rising Strike work fine. I wonder how well Dus Majarra would work...

Also, I remember seeing a Fortetecher stuck behind Adahna Deghana and continually casting Diga into it's back on Youtube...

Remedy
Nov 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
=>.>=;;; That was me.

Aka
Nov 12, 2007, 04:27 PM
It's possible to dodge the missile the majority of the time, but only if you are already moving and to the right when he fires it. Just try and learn/predict his attack pattern and once you think he's gonna launch it, start running to the right. If you start running after he fires, it's already too late. From my experience, it's near impossible to dodge it running in any other direction.

Smallredbox
Nov 12, 2007, 04:57 PM
Ah, to the right then. I'll try it now then.

Garanz-Baranz
Nov 15, 2007, 03:42 AM
Adahna Degahna's Missle Cannon attack, from his Left Arm[the arm in which Degahna Cannon is made from] is probably his hardest to dodge attack, if your running STRAIGHT at him.

The shot comes diagnally from the right of your character, So, it's probably best, right when he "Jumps back" to use the cannon, to run at a good angle too your left, still moving torward him though.

Or, you can get lucky and have an ally get in it's path n.n; shazam, no damage.

CelestialBlade
Nov 15, 2007, 06:43 AM
For some reason I have a much easier time dodging Magas Maggahna's version of this attack. My Guntecher can actually survive it wearing a Yamata-senba at 25% Light, so it's possible.

amtalx
Nov 15, 2007, 08:09 AM
Stand behind him?

Smallredbox
Nov 15, 2007, 09:12 AM
Yeah, standing behind him is all well and good... until he teleports across the entire map.. and it is no longer your choice to stay behind him..