PDA

View Full Version : Fraps???

elshagan
Nov 13, 2007, 02:28 PM
not sure where to put this but here goes nothing: k i just got fraps cause i wanted to show my friends what a great game PSU is but when ever i go ingame i can neither see the fps or record anything it simply won't work so i would be thankfull if someone could help me with this... as fast as possible

Zantra
Nov 13, 2007, 02:32 PM
Uh, this is off-topic, so I imagine it will end up there.

Try using Yahoo, or Google, and search for FRAPS.

Maybe that will help?

Also, Youtube has plenty of PSU related videos, so you can just email your friends, a link or two, to some of those.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-13 11:33 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
Nov 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
Fraps won't record PSU footage on your PC if you're playing the PS2 version.

At any rate, you have to open Fraps FIRST, and make sure it's loaded before you start an application you want to record. Also, it may not work in full-screen mode. I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it outside of windowed mode. I don't see why it wouldn't, but then, it's worth checking just to see.

elshagan
Nov 14, 2007, 03:49 PM
k and i'm not using ps2 i'm on pc and thx i'll try in window

VioletSkye
Nov 14, 2007, 05:45 PM
On 2007-11-13 12:03, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Fraps won't record PSU footage on your PC if you're playing the PS2 version.

At any rate, you have to open Fraps FIRST, and make sure it's loaded before you start an application you want to record. Also, it may not work in full-screen mode. I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it outside of windowed mode. I don't see why it wouldn't, but then, it's worth checking just to see.

Actually you can start FRAPS whenever and have it work provided you are able to get to your desktop and start it up after the game is running. As for full screen, I've always recorded my movies in full screen so you shouldn't have any problems later on down the road if you choose to do so http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

trypticon
Nov 14, 2007, 05:57 PM
Right. The only problem you'll run into is Fraps sucking the memory from your computer at an unprecedented rate. This might not matter if you have a few hundred gigs to blow through.

Also, when I was using it to record some PSU footage (back then I thought it was a going to be a good game), the FPS would vanish, but the program would continue recording. I sometimes had to open up the file directory that the footage was being stored in to see if it was recording or not. Sometimes it would be recording without me even knowing it until my computer came to a grounding halt because it had taken all the memory from it.

Bottom line is: fraps sucks. Use another program.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: trypticon on 2007-11-14 15:00 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Nov 14, 2007, 06:22 PM
Hmmm, I've used FRAPS for years and years and I've never had any issues at all with it other than a slight hit to framerate while recording a movie which is normal. It's actually an excellent program to use for getting rough benchmark info and for getting screenshots of games that don't provide an easy in-game method for capturing screenies. Adam, did you get any specific errors when it crashed?

@elshagan, make sure you don't have overlay disabled. You could also try GameCam (http://www.planetgamecam.com/?locid=download) although I've never used it myself so I have no idea if it's a decent alternative or not.

trypticon
Nov 14, 2007, 08:28 PM
I don't remember. It's been more than a year since I used it.

Rubius-sama
Nov 15, 2007, 04:01 AM
Never had any problems with FRAPS. I've used it for PSU before back when I thought the game was good.

Make sure you have fps display toggled, and set your hotkeys to the right keys.

elshagan
Nov 15, 2007, 04:49 AM
K... it still won't work neither in full screen or window... but it works perfectly with other games that's what's bothering me since i've read that vista doesn't support fraps that's why it's bothering me why it works with my other games still i'll see if i can get a screen on my settings in fraps

Pics: http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/7641/frapsfl9.jpg
http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/2405/frapsfpsnu6.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: elshagan on 2007-11-15 03:51 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: elshagan on 2007-11-15 04:08 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: elshagan on 2007-11-15 04:09 ]</font>

elshagan
Nov 16, 2007, 05:06 PM
bump

Into_Oblivion
Nov 18, 2007, 07:51 PM
What do you do if fraps does not record sound?

Blitzkommando
Nov 18, 2007, 09:15 PM
Hum, I've been running Fraps on Vista since, well, I got Vista in January. Do you have UAC disabled? It tends to cause lots of compatibility issues with programs wanting administrative rights (and I believe Fraps wants that ability). Aside from that I can confirm it records fine in Vista 32-bit and Vista 64-bit as well as display the framerate in the overlay.