PDA

View Full Version : *~* WHAT IS THE BEST CHARACTER TYPE TO START OFF WITH?*~*

AdeptArms
Feb 28, 2001, 03:13 AM
I'm new to the game.. I just wanted to know?
Is it:

Hunters/Fighters

Rangers

Force

-------

I just want to start my PSO career off a successful as possible...

Zodiac
Feb 28, 2001, 03:25 AM
Wrong Question.

It should be: "Which one do I think would the most fun to play?"

There is no "best".

Oronis
Feb 28, 2001, 04:44 AM
Well if you want a character good for people completely new to the game I'd say a ranger type, but you should just pick what you think would be most fun and run with it from there =)

Twinsen
Feb 28, 2001, 05:01 AM
The easiest class to play with if your just starting (in your case I would think) is the Ranger class. Their name says it all, they use projectile weapons so they don't have to be at melee range to do their damage.

But if you want to know the "best" class, well, that mainly depends on how you want to play. If you like to get up close and personal with the baddies, go with the Hunters. If you like to stay away from the baddies and still want to dish out moderate damage, go with the Rangers. If you like to be more of the support (lvl 40+ is more of a serious butt kicker) type, go with a Force. But be warned, starting out with the Force may be a bit tough alone at first....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

AdeptArms
Feb 28, 2001, 05:04 AM
Thanks ya'll...
Yeah I probrably will use a ranger... or maybe a hunter...
But anyways ya'll will see me online soon...

Same name Adept Arms...
Peace

SeQrEt_1
Feb 28, 2001, 05:06 AM
I'd say a Hunter untill you learn how to doge enimies then use force

alot of rangers out there!

SuperSubZero
Feb 28, 2001, 05:08 AM
Rangers are a little more fragile and when they DO get hurt they tend to get hurt bad. Enemies that have ranged weapons and enemies that can get up close tend to be pretty painful. Learn healing techniques ASAP.

Forces are undoubtedly the hardest to play in the single player. Online they are the best support unit you could ask for.

-SSZ

AdeptArms
Feb 28, 2001, 07:39 PM
Thanks Thanks and Thanks again....
I'm trying to build the most powerful character i can...
OH AND ANOTHER QUESTION..
WHO IS THE MOST POWERFUL PLAYER YOU KNOW?...
WHAT LEVEL AND WHAT RACE...
AND WHAT MAKES THEM SO POWERFUL...

ShenLong21
Feb 28, 2001, 09:20 PM
well if you think i would rather pick hunter have you guy everface four coner of the wall with badass moster around and you would go crazy. as i say hunter is kool cuz it hard to play while on offline mode hard...

AdeptArms
Feb 28, 2001, 11:17 PM
Uppin'?....
Can someone please answer my above questions...

Nex_Nergal
Apr 5, 2001, 04:46 AM
HUcast may be the easiest on to start off with, but you may miss the techs later on.
HUmar is a good beginners choise.

Danger_Girl
Apr 5, 2001, 06:25 AM
I myself have always been fond of Hunewearls. I prefer the variety in the non-android races in character creation. Plus I love techniques. I prefer the in your face action of the hunter, but yet when the going gets tough, I can back off with a gun if need be. Razonde is a fine spell for leveling up, as it covers a very wide area. Grants is a fine weapon as well. You will be sacrifising some power to that of a Hucast, and some of the hunewearls male counterparts. But the increased power of techniques makes it worth it. The Hunewearl is perhaps the most balance of all the classes. You will get alot of variying opinions of coarse, and now you have minehttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif.

BTW, the most powerful character is probabily a duper, using dupes, or a cheater, and I consider them weaklings.

Besides them I am the most powerful...and most beautifulhttp://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif.

ICEsenZ
Apr 5, 2001, 10:49 AM
Well, I'd say pick someone who can use techniques. They can be very useful online or offline. I have a RAcast and all he can do is stand afar and hit the enemies with a gun. Sure, its easy, but where's the fun? Meelee weapons are to slow for him(if i get surrounded, im dead). I like having my HUmar cast rabarta(ice) on the enemies to freeze them all and then pick them off using my trusty gaebolg http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif I never have any problem going against an army single-handedly. Also you can save alot of money by not buying any mates or moons. Anyhoo, i'd suggest u go w/ either humar/hunewearl or ramar. humar tends to be stronger than ramar though.

The_Saint
Apr 5, 2001, 12:08 PM
I started with a Humar. Then went to a Fonewearl. And another Humar. Tried once without magic. eeewwww. I just like that "human" hunters are fighters, but can do support magic as well. Forces are good for opening barrels o' magical whoopass!

Heero_Yuy
Apr 5, 2001, 12:49 PM
I think you should think about what you want in the long run. With rangers you have not prob in the beginning at all wit hthe gun range.Hunters you will be usin quite a few mates if u have not played but if you know how to move your ass u will be fine. and i had a force but forces are not that fun for me they r weak and when u start out you can only attack all close to them it sux

Ice_
Apr 5, 2001, 02:37 PM
I suggest selecting HUmar....... and findone of us online and have us help u out ( Im always at puck 9 ill help u lvl up) there isnt really a most powerefull character btu if there was it woudl be a lvl 100 cheater with god/everything+++++++++ they woudl eb most powerfull.......

Xaken
Apr 5, 2001, 03:06 PM
If you want to be about power, about dealing the most damage hit foer hit, then that's easy. Be a Hunter. Hunters have a rediculus power advantage (particularly late in the game went stats start maxing out). Hunters also have a great deal of fun getting right up in there a smashing faces.

But really I don't like hunters. They are unfairly superior at actually getting the job of killing things done. Rangers can only stand back and shoot things. Forces really get the shaft having to rely on a system of techs with very little actual power.

I suggest playing everything really. Start with a ranger (RAmar) to get a grasp for the game. Then build up a hunter because they are the real stars while the other classes are more like after thoughts. And after that if you want a real challange, and are comfortable being a team player, then try a Force.

MechDan
Apr 5, 2001, 04:06 PM
THE MOST POWERFUl IS RAMAR!!!!!!

Seriously, unless you get a duped Spread Needle, a RAmar is actually more powerful than a HUmar because he can hit 5 enemies at once. Spread Needle makes the game boring because it's too easy.

My suggestion is the following:

First, experiment with a HUcast. It's the most powerful class at the very beginning and the only class which starts off able to equip both a sabre and a handgun. It will give you the opportunity to learn hand-to-hand combo timing, which you'll probably never bother with even once if you only play a Ranger.

If you find that you like melee action better than standing back and firing from a distance, then either stick with your HUcast or start again with a HUmar or Hunewearl. If you don't like getting hit by enemies all the time, then it's time to switch to a Ranger.

Since you're looking to level up fast, you really should play a Ranger. You can level up a bit faster with a RAcast or RAcaseal, but you'll only get techniques with a RAmar. The key is the Shotgun. You get experience for every enemy you do damage to, even if someone else kills it off. As a Ranger armed with a shotgun, you'll get a piece of almost every enemy online. As a Hunter, you'll be lucky to get hits on half of the enemies.

Shotgun weapons also work great offline, letting you clear out rooms of enemies and crates in record time. They also devastate most bosses. And NOTHING can match the sheer destructive power of a Charge Arms armed Ranger, not even a Spread Needle armed Hunter.

Wu
Apr 5, 2001, 09:20 PM
Hunters can hit 5 enemies at a time, you just have to group them up a little bit before you swing.

Out of curiousity, how much damage do you do with a charge Arms?

beany
Apr 5, 2001, 10:37 PM
I would go with the human hunter. they seem to have the best of each stat,(okay not the best in everything,but overall they are (IMHO) close enough to the other classes to offset the diminished numbers) of course it depends on what kind of fighter you want to be..up close and personal,want to use shot type weapons,(not including the spread) or support our team with magic. human hunter can do most of these okay...,my next char is gonna be human hunter...Lil Beany!
laterz

MechDan
Apr 6, 2001, 02:32 AM
I don't have a Charge Arms, my best so far is merely a Charge Spread, +30% Dark. Even so, we're talking over 300 damage per hit in V-Hard Ruins (no shifta--I'm a RAcast). Accuracy is good, and there's always a croud in V-Hard Ruins, so it's worth a good 3000+ total damage per combo (hard, special, special). I'm always on the lookout for better Shot type weapons, of course...