PDA

View Full Version : A Chance to get PSO on Xbox 360...

Zantra
Nov 14, 2007, 05:18 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6182876.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;1

Read it...

Microsoft is going to start releasing many old Xbox games for download on Xbox Live on the 360, each will be 1200 points ($15 american). And, as suggested at the end of the article, they are looking for suggestions from fans, on what cult games to release to the download service. This is a good way for us to get PSO for the Xbox 360, and it was also confirmed in the article, that online games like PSO would still have their online components intact, so you could play PSO online, or offline. (I imagine) as long as you pay for a Hunter's license.

You're welcome.

UPDATE: I added this thread to the official Xbox Forums. http://forums.xbox.com/16724032/ShowPost.aspx#16724032
Maybe, if it gets enough posts from the community, Microsoft will take notice, and finally give us some form of PSO, on the 360.
If you have an Xbox 360, and a gamertag, log on and add a post to this thread. Thanks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-14 15:00 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Nov 14, 2007, 05:29 PM
Sooo... why not post this in the topic that's in the offtopic section? It's basically teh same type of shit.

Zantra
Nov 14, 2007, 05:32 PM
On 2007-11-14 14:29, Jaspaller wrote:
Sooo... why not post this in the topic that's in the offtopic section? It's basically teh same type of shit.

Because, it's not off topic. It's specifically about a chance to get PSO back on the Xbox 360.

Jaspaller
Nov 14, 2007, 05:38 PM
Fair enough. Though I still think it's doubtful we would get PSO anyways.

I skimmed through it, and I'm not sure PSO would pass the BC test because of the freezing it did on the original Xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-11-14 14:39 ]</font>

Zantra
Nov 14, 2007, 05:44 PM
On 2007-11-14 14:38, Jaspaller wrote:
Fair enough. Though I still think it's doubtful we would get PSO anyways.

I skimmed through it, and I'm not sure PSO would pass the BC test because of the freezing it did on the original Xbox.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2007-11-14 14:39 ]</font>

Well, I always found it interesting, that the Xbox 360 recognizes the game by it's name, when you put it in, even though you can't play it.

Certain other games don't even say a name on this disc drive button, when they won't work.

I'd be happy if they just got the backwards compatability to work, and gave us offline mode, because it's better than nothing.

I'd even download the game, and pay the $15, if it meant that I could finally play it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-14 14:46 ]</font>

Taris
Nov 21, 2007, 11:57 AM
The main thrust of the "Xbox Originals" campaign should be noted a a double-edged sword, here. People should be thrilled (or at least somewhat interested) that there's a chance that PSO could be released as a 360 downloadable. And it'd also prolly mean that PSO Xbox would work off disc, then, too, since it'd mean they'd have the emulation thing down pat for that title. The push being it'd be the exact same game as a download as it is off the disc, no changes at all, no having to jump through hoops to get this or that working, and that includes any Xbox Live online features.

But this would ALSO mean that Sega would have to either A) Keep the old Xbox servers for PSO running, or B) Overhaul them and start them up again. And at this point, since they announced the shutdown already, A is unlikely....and B is even more unlikely, unless some unforseen cosmic-scale event happens.

...but personally, I'd still pay $15 for offline mode, too. Split screen with a friend is still a fun way to play, for the price. Err, I'd pay, that is, if I didn't already own 2 copies on GameCube. But still, wouldn't it be cool to recommend the game to other 360 players, even if it WAS offline only, without having to add "by the way, the only way you'll find it at this point is rooting for it online, and if you only have the 360, you can't use it anyway"...

I mean, hell, they charge $12 for "Puzzle Quest". $15 PSO >>>> Puzzle Quest, decidedly.

xjustsumloser
Nov 22, 2007, 06:24 PM
yea i actually was the 1st person to reply to that thread. I am hoping this will push BC even more and PSO will get added to the list. Even with no more updates, it is currently the only official console version that we can connect to. Hell With this gamertag I have now I would get a free month of it, might get me into playing it again.

Jaspaller
Nov 22, 2007, 06:30 PM
I would prefer them to put a modified version of PSO:BB on there. Server side saves are so much better.

Zantra
Nov 23, 2007, 03:18 AM
On 2007-11-22 15:30, Jaspaller wrote:
I would prefer them to put a modified version of PSO:BB on there. Server side saves are so much better.

Not if you want to keep all of your hard work, after they take down the servers.

I imagine the day the PSU servers go down, a lot of people are going to be pissed, that they spent so much time, and money, on nothing.

My main problem, with most console games, especially the online ones, is that they all die, when the system they are on dies, unless the company keeps releasing expansions, or updated ports, for other systems. Sega could have easily let PSO die on the dreamcast, it would have pissed me off quite a bit, but they could have.

My problem with PSU (and other games that use server side saving), is that the specific versions PC/PS2 and Xbox 360, are tied to those consoles. And, the PS2 is already on it's last legs. The Xbox 360 is over 2 years old, and the PC will basically live forever, until they invent something better. So, if Sega wants to keep people playing PSU, I imagine the final "original" version of PSU, that will still be available to everyone, will be the PC version, just like Blue Burst. And, when the player base drops below 500, they'll close those servers, also.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2007-11-23 00:53 ]</font>

Jaspaller
Nov 23, 2007, 11:54 AM
True as that may be, I personally don't intend to keep playing this game forever. Eventually I will lose interest fully, but I can understand what your saying.

The reason why I actually suggested the server side saves was due to the fact that PSOX has issues with freezing and deleting items just like the GCN did, as well as the Dreamcast one. There's no way to create backups of your items really unless you use an original Xbox, and there's not really a way to completely stop FSOD from happening.

I'm one of those people who can't really stick with one weapon without getting bored... I would prefer to be at my strongest and not lose weapons I worked hard to get like my S-ranks.

Anyways, I made my post, lets just hope MS does SOMETHING for PSO players.